Music, Music, Music
Listening to: Mr Brightside, The Killers
Crash and Burn, Savage Garden
Everything, Lifehouse
I Bruise Easily, Natasha Beddingfield
Colours of the Wind, Pocahontas
Nicotine and Gravy, Beck
I just really love the first song. I think it just reminds me of Hong Kong and sitting on the bed in my cousin's room with the air condition blasting icy cold air, reading and listening to this song. It's a very uplifting song as old as it is.
My skin is like a map,
where my heart has been
And I can't hide the marks,
but it's not a negative thing
So I lay down my guard,
drop my defenses,
down by my clothes
I'm learning to fall,
with no safety net,
to cushion the blow
I bruise easily,
so be gentle when you handle me
There's a mark you leave,
like a love heart carved on a tree
I bruise easily, can't scratch the surface without moving me
Underneath I bruise easily, I bruise easily
I like the lyrics to this song a lot.
Anyway I finished Titanic and the only part that I felt like 'crying' was when the musicians were playing their last song. It was sad to see so many people die.
I just can’t look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
So poetic. I like the visual imagery. :P
Today I had to literally fight to get to church. We had two feet of snow today and you know New York, the snowplowers suck and aren't efficient at all. When I stepped outside today, I felt like Lucy who had just stepped into Narnia. It was quiet and white and still. For some reason, the card machine would not let me swipe through to get to the train which frustrated me because I had to walk another block to get to another side of the station. And none of the sidewalks were shovelled. When I came back, I took a lot of pictures. It gets really windy in New York and when I was trudging to church, the snowflakes felt like little sparks of fire on my face.
So today our church launched a four part series called 'Desperate Sex Lives: Roommates, Bad Dates, Great Mates'. It's a play on the show 'Desperate Housewives'. We have two pastors and one was telling us that men think about sex every seven seconds and right now, the other pastor was thinking about it for the past hour.... uh...
Anyway today a girl started to talk to me. She was extremely nice, warm and friendly- one of those people you're just naturally drawn to. I found out she was a Growth group leader however she leads a women's college group that's all the way on 75th and riverside. So far. :( She's the first person who I've had a real conversation with. Really sad. I hope to see more of her.
An interesting point came up that contrary to society's belief that the mind and body are seperate (due to Plato and Descartes), the mind and body was created as a unit. He said that we usually elevate the mind over the body (puritanism) or the body over the mind (hedonism, prostitution). Yeah that's it. The other stuff was more basic.
Shallow, snide thought: Bonnie is always telling me about this japanese guy in her class who has a beautiful face (fine, chiseled features) and this korean girl (who all of us think is mean and not that pretty) is always with him (who also likes him). I wonder why all the meaner girls have boyfriends: stuck up, cold girls. ANYWAY.
Ugh my roommates friend is annoying me. She keeps saying she has too many pairs of shoes (15) and that she needs to get rid of some but wants to buy more.. she NEEDS to buy another pair from J. Crew and one from Steve Madden and it pisses me off. It's not jealousy.
Wow Valentine's Day is this Tuesday.. what shall I do? I love having an excuse to make people happy. Haha. I was standing in Anthropologie's sales section looking at their discounted stuff... I was thinking of buying three green velveteen photo albums and printing pics of my roomies and I and placing them into the book. Or I was thinking of taking all the songs we love, and compile them into a cd for each of them, including songs that Liz has sung (record on camera). Or I'd do something boring like getting them a card or flowers but I know they want a boyfriend, and it'll seem like a pity present. I like the cd idea since it won't cost that much and I have most of the songs.... But I don't have that time either. Maybe for the end of the year.
I'm listening to one of the songs from Ever After called Fable (techno song but really beautiful and reminiscent). It makes me sad but I love the melody. I usually hate techno but this one is a really good one.
So this is love,
Mmmmmm So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow,
Mmmmmm
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine
My heart has wings,
Mmmmmm
And I can fly
I'll touch ev'ry star in the sky
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of
MmmmmmMmmmmm So this is love
Whenever I hear 'So this is Love' from the Cinderella soundtrack, it makes me happy. I love this song. It's only a minute long but it's so reminiscent and dreamy. It makes me feel warm inside. :)
Crash and Burn, Savage Garden
Everything, Lifehouse
I Bruise Easily, Natasha Beddingfield
Colours of the Wind, Pocahontas
Nicotine and Gravy, Beck
I just really love the first song. I think it just reminds me of Hong Kong and sitting on the bed in my cousin's room with the air condition blasting icy cold air, reading and listening to this song. It's a very uplifting song as old as it is.
My skin is like a map,
where my heart has been
And I can't hide the marks,
but it's not a negative thing
So I lay down my guard,
drop my defenses,
down by my clothes
I'm learning to fall,
with no safety net,
to cushion the blow
I bruise easily,
so be gentle when you handle me
There's a mark you leave,
like a love heart carved on a tree
I bruise easily, can't scratch the surface without moving me
Underneath I bruise easily, I bruise easily
I like the lyrics to this song a lot.
Anyway I finished Titanic and the only part that I felt like 'crying' was when the musicians were playing their last song. It was sad to see so many people die.
I just can’t look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
So poetic. I like the visual imagery. :P
Today I had to literally fight to get to church. We had two feet of snow today and you know New York, the snowplowers suck and aren't efficient at all. When I stepped outside today, I felt like Lucy who had just stepped into Narnia. It was quiet and white and still. For some reason, the card machine would not let me swipe through to get to the train which frustrated me because I had to walk another block to get to another side of the station. And none of the sidewalks were shovelled. When I came back, I took a lot of pictures. It gets really windy in New York and when I was trudging to church, the snowflakes felt like little sparks of fire on my face.
So today our church launched a four part series called 'Desperate Sex Lives: Roommates, Bad Dates, Great Mates'. It's a play on the show 'Desperate Housewives'. We have two pastors and one was telling us that men think about sex every seven seconds and right now, the other pastor was thinking about it for the past hour.... uh...
Anyway today a girl started to talk to me. She was extremely nice, warm and friendly- one of those people you're just naturally drawn to. I found out she was a Growth group leader however she leads a women's college group that's all the way on 75th and riverside. So far. :( She's the first person who I've had a real conversation with. Really sad. I hope to see more of her.
An interesting point came up that contrary to society's belief that the mind and body are seperate (due to Plato and Descartes), the mind and body was created as a unit. He said that we usually elevate the mind over the body (puritanism) or the body over the mind (hedonism, prostitution). Yeah that's it. The other stuff was more basic.
Shallow, snide thought: Bonnie is always telling me about this japanese guy in her class who has a beautiful face (fine, chiseled features) and this korean girl (who all of us think is mean and not that pretty) is always with him (who also likes him). I wonder why all the meaner girls have boyfriends: stuck up, cold girls. ANYWAY.
Ugh my roommates friend is annoying me. She keeps saying she has too many pairs of shoes (15) and that she needs to get rid of some but wants to buy more.. she NEEDS to buy another pair from J. Crew and one from Steve Madden and it pisses me off. It's not jealousy.
Wow Valentine's Day is this Tuesday.. what shall I do? I love having an excuse to make people happy. Haha. I was standing in Anthropologie's sales section looking at their discounted stuff... I was thinking of buying three green velveteen photo albums and printing pics of my roomies and I and placing them into the book. Or I was thinking of taking all the songs we love, and compile them into a cd for each of them, including songs that Liz has sung (record on camera). Or I'd do something boring like getting them a card or flowers but I know they want a boyfriend, and it'll seem like a pity present. I like the cd idea since it won't cost that much and I have most of the songs.... But I don't have that time either. Maybe for the end of the year.
I'm listening to one of the songs from Ever After called Fable (techno song but really beautiful and reminiscent). It makes me sad but I love the melody. I usually hate techno but this one is a really good one.
So this is love,
Mmmmmm So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow,
Mmmmmm
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine
My heart has wings,
Mmmmmm
And I can fly
I'll touch ev'ry star in the sky
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of
MmmmmmMmmmmm So this is love
Whenever I hear 'So this is Love' from the Cinderella soundtrack, it makes me happy. I love this song. It's only a minute long but it's so reminiscent and dreamy. It makes me feel warm inside. :)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home