Christians, Mothers, Moulin Rouge & Basketball
It often surprises me why people call themselves Christians when they're clearly not. I remember reading one of Paul's letters to the Church that it is worse for a person to announce his sins, turn away from Christ and then become a Christian the second time around. It is like crucifying Him twice. Hm. But anyway one of my roommates decided to go to church again today (not saying it's bad) but when another asked her what religion she was, she said "christian".
Anyway today I went to back to my church. And I've realized how many people I knew in RHCBC compared to here. It makes me sad.
My mom wants me to sign up for another Growth Group again. They last until April and study a particular book once a week. And one of the groups featured on there was a Women's college group that was studying the book 'Captivating'. Haha. I thought that was pretty funny. However I'd have to commute to the Lower East Side every Wednesday night. Sigh. I had already given up on these group things. But I don't know.
My mother asked me the past week if I read other people's blogs. I said yes and she said but there are so many people, you'd have to spend a long time reading and commenting. I just laughed.
I have been watching Moulin Rouge since 2:30. It's now 10pm. I haven't watched the entire movie. I've been watching clips of different songs. I have seen the last 'Come What May' twenty times because I like the twist they give to it- minor key and a tinge of sadness ('come back to me, and forgive everything') . I must have seen Roxanne fifteen times at least by now. I love that scene- it's so passionate and it gives me and my roomie shivers. Lol. We enjoy the most minute little things in films and life. We are all captivated by that dull sound when one bites into a piece of cold dark chocolate (we've all just sat there once hearing Bonnie bite into a piece. hahaha). We love that part of Roxanne when Satine takes her glove off (a one second clip) since it goes well with the music. I've noticed in the finale of the musical, when they sing 'Come What May', Christian sings 'my gift is my song' (his solo) with Satine who sings 'One Day I'll Fly Away' (her solo in the earlier part of the film). I noticed that when she first makes her appearance in the film, they foreshadow her death by showing a flash of her dying in the last scene (did you ever notice that? hahaha). I don't think I'll ever cease to marvel the most random things on earth. If the sound of chocolate impresses me, then I think I could live a long life of wonder. Anyway, I think Moulin Rouge is a genius movie: a musical about (as bonnie noted) a prostitute and a poor writer. The music fits in and the actors can actually sing (which makes me 'hate' them even more... unlike phantom of the opera where the phantom can't sing). The costumes are absolutely stunning and there are some interesting parts that just throw the whole movie off (gun hitting the eiffel tower, the couple dancing in a miniaturized paris, the green fairy). Sigh. :) I love all the songs.... maybe I should just purchase the soundtrack. hm..
I'm pretty happy because so far my shoe is coming out 'quite' well. I have stood on it- it still shakes and bends to one side but I'm not done either. This whole project is trial and error (I hate that method). I'd rather write an essay- kind of.
I think one of the most difficult job is the role of a mother. You want to protect your child from the tears, the pain, the sorrow and loneliness in this world but eventually you'll have to let go. You want your child to take upon the morals and beliefs that you have chosen but you have no control of that either. A mother sacrifices many dreams, stores it in her drawers for her children (taken from Peter Pan though it pertained to the father). She wants to give the best- her best so that her children will grow up to be the best. She wants to lavish them with love, and when they hurt, encourage and comfort them. She wants to show love but knows she must show discipline- even though it's painful. She wants to keep them in her nest, yet knows she must let them take flight and experience life apart from her. She must understand that as much as she wants to hold them, she needs to let go.
My roommate are pretty astonished that I know 'so much' (we're talking relatively) basketball. When I started babbling about Kobe's 81 points the other day and Liz and Allie gave me the oddest look ever. Today a Houston/Miami game was on and I mentioned Dwayne Wade was on, and Allie turned to look and up popped his name, she was pretty amused. Of course I know nothing compared to *certain* individuals. You know who you are.
Yay Ewan McGregor makes me happy (well his singing).
Anyway today I went to back to my church. And I've realized how many people I knew in RHCBC compared to here. It makes me sad.
My mom wants me to sign up for another Growth Group again. They last until April and study a particular book once a week. And one of the groups featured on there was a Women's college group that was studying the book 'Captivating'. Haha. I thought that was pretty funny. However I'd have to commute to the Lower East Side every Wednesday night. Sigh. I had already given up on these group things. But I don't know.
My mother asked me the past week if I read other people's blogs. I said yes and she said but there are so many people, you'd have to spend a long time reading and commenting. I just laughed.
I have been watching Moulin Rouge since 2:30. It's now 10pm. I haven't watched the entire movie. I've been watching clips of different songs. I have seen the last 'Come What May' twenty times because I like the twist they give to it- minor key and a tinge of sadness ('come back to me, and forgive everything') . I must have seen Roxanne fifteen times at least by now. I love that scene- it's so passionate and it gives me and my roomie shivers. Lol. We enjoy the most minute little things in films and life. We are all captivated by that dull sound when one bites into a piece of cold dark chocolate (we've all just sat there once hearing Bonnie bite into a piece. hahaha). We love that part of Roxanne when Satine takes her glove off (a one second clip) since it goes well with the music. I've noticed in the finale of the musical, when they sing 'Come What May', Christian sings 'my gift is my song' (his solo) with Satine who sings 'One Day I'll Fly Away' (her solo in the earlier part of the film). I noticed that when she first makes her appearance in the film, they foreshadow her death by showing a flash of her dying in the last scene (did you ever notice that? hahaha). I don't think I'll ever cease to marvel the most random things on earth. If the sound of chocolate impresses me, then I think I could live a long life of wonder. Anyway, I think Moulin Rouge is a genius movie: a musical about (as bonnie noted) a prostitute and a poor writer. The music fits in and the actors can actually sing (which makes me 'hate' them even more... unlike phantom of the opera where the phantom can't sing). The costumes are absolutely stunning and there are some interesting parts that just throw the whole movie off (gun hitting the eiffel tower, the couple dancing in a miniaturized paris, the green fairy). Sigh. :) I love all the songs.... maybe I should just purchase the soundtrack. hm..
I'm pretty happy because so far my shoe is coming out 'quite' well. I have stood on it- it still shakes and bends to one side but I'm not done either. This whole project is trial and error (I hate that method). I'd rather write an essay- kind of.
I think one of the most difficult job is the role of a mother. You want to protect your child from the tears, the pain, the sorrow and loneliness in this world but eventually you'll have to let go. You want your child to take upon the morals and beliefs that you have chosen but you have no control of that either. A mother sacrifices many dreams, stores it in her drawers for her children (taken from Peter Pan though it pertained to the father). She wants to give the best- her best so that her children will grow up to be the best. She wants to lavish them with love, and when they hurt, encourage and comfort them. She wants to show love but knows she must show discipline- even though it's painful. She wants to keep them in her nest, yet knows she must let them take flight and experience life apart from her. She must understand that as much as she wants to hold them, she needs to let go.
My roommate are pretty astonished that I know 'so much' (we're talking relatively) basketball. When I started babbling about Kobe's 81 points the other day and Liz and Allie gave me the oddest look ever. Today a Houston/Miami game was on and I mentioned Dwayne Wade was on, and Allie turned to look and up popped his name, she was pretty amused. Of course I know nothing compared to *certain* individuals. You know who you are.
Yay Ewan McGregor makes me happy (well his singing).



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home