Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Small Update

Doo doo doo doo....
Alex and Rin are coming down to visit! :D
I am so excited.

So I picked up my violin two days ago for the first time since spring. Oh man, it's been a while. But looking back now, I realize that all the experiences that I've been through in life since my high school violin lessons has transcended into my understanding of the music. Now I actually know how to let out the voice of the notes- for it to tell its own story. I know how painful it is to say goodbye and in turn, I try to evoke that sense of sadness, loss and longing through the strings of the violin.
Since I have no one to play Canon in D with, I've been playing to a video recording of my roomie and I last year. So sad. hahaha.

On Saturday night I stayed at home by myself, sewing a hat, playing violin and listening to opera:
Time to Say Goodbye

One of the most beautiful, virtuoso songs ever created. I bought it for the violin the other day. :D
If I'm already doing old lady/grandma things at this age, what will I do when I'm sixty!?! And I can't go clubbing then for I'll be frail and will resemble a raisin.

My roomie and I were talking: we're not sure how we're gonna live without each other- we're saying this because when one of us cracks a movie reference into the conversation, the other person totally understands the joke of it. Whereas if I did that, say in my small group, people just look at me funny. And we like doing the same things: I mean what other roomies draw each other's Victorian silhouettes, makes each others face out of clay, have a hat making night, dress up looking like 19th century gentlemen and photoshop themselves into a horse and carriage scene and watch portions of movies because they're just pure eye candy?
No one.
I'm afraid to move out of this place: we live in the denial of reality.

Sunday church service was good. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger rinabear said...

hahaha i TOTALLY know what you mean!! it's so hard to find really great roommies!

2:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home