Friday, June 01, 2007

Re:lationships Re:visited


Pure randomness- on my flight back to Toronto two weeks ago.

Sorry this is going to be a very broken up post because I just thousands of small thoughts but nothing I can really put together as of yet.
---------------------------------------------------

There comes a point in every relationship that we all have to decide whether or not to move forward or to stay back at a distance.

Why is it that we feel pain more than pleasure? Why is it that the man laments the loss of a lover by grieving past memories of highest pleasure yet the feeling of pain is still above that of pleasure?

I feel like an emotional wreck right now- I want to say everything and in my fear, say nothing at all. I don't think I've been so happy and so sad at the same time this whole year until now. I don't think I've cried and laughed so much either. At times like these, I recall how resistant the heart is- resistance in terms of its ability to love, lose and get right back up; its willingness to do it all over again despite the hurt and loss.

I was on MSN yesterday- and I just couldn't take it anymore. Being online, spending time building up relationships on MSN was driving me insane. Right now, I could just sit like a statue with someone and not say anything. I'm so tired of feeling that burden of having to say something, I can do with just staying silent- that is unless they feel awkward do I feel a little obligated to say something to make them less uncomfortable.

I think I can say with utmost confidence, that in May 2007, I have experienced some of the happiest moments of my life thus far.
And I don't know where to go from here. The past few weeks, I had a goal and since it has passed, I'm not sure what to do with myself. Leafing through old photo archives- exactly a year minus one day, I was helping Robyn get ready for prom with my other cousin, Grace. And I feel like I've come full circle once again uncertain of anything- this weather is making me want to curl up and go back to sleep.

There's this song I listen to, which makes me close my eyes and just wish I could return to that day where we just decided to blow homework off and spend time at the sakura festival. That's one day I wish I could go back to.

The other day, someone asked me whether or not I had friends beyond those at church which was quite surprising since no one really has ever mentioned that to me before, being that the case before was that I had a lot of school friends and little at church.

So what now God? I know there's a reason why I feel so much pain and pleasure these days- I know though I don't quite see the bigger picture as of yet, I know that there's a purpose for everything. What is it exactly You want me to learn in order to become a godly woman?

3 Comments:

Blogger Chislon said...

pain and pleasure eh...

perhaps it means that pain is the loss of a state of pleasure and comfort, and is not a sensation in itself if no pleasure or comfort was ever known?

what drives you to want to move forward at all? or anyone?

12:58 a.m.  
Blogger Sam said...

Not really... You don't feel pain when pleasure ceases- it's like after having a good time with friends- you don't feel pain once the pleasurable moment stops. Or you don't really feel pleasure once someone stops twisting your arm.

What drives me to move forward is.. iono... just being able to experience life more and gaining more wisdom from it.

12:40 a.m.  
Blogger Andrew said...

did someone say WISDOM?

10:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home