Bonnie told me about an ethics response that she has to write for her english class about this photographer who went to Bombay, India and spent time in the brothels, photographically recording the prostitutes and their lives of despair. Although she wrote that she befriended these people, she returned to America and made a monograph which made her famous yet she did nothing to help the people who she first photographed. One of the most disturbing pictures (likely the most famous) is of a beautiful girl named Asha having sex with a male client in a dirty, dark cubicle-like room. A wall divides the picture into two and you see just next door another girl preparing herself for the next customer.
This world is so full of pain.
Ugh so now I've come down the a cold and it really sucks. I think I should sleep earlier.
Perhaps we are so eager to change our outer appearances because it is easier to change from shirt to shirt while building character takes time, patience and diligence. Or perhaps it's because the majority of people you pass by daily only see your physical appearance. I don't know.
There's this girl who is constantly asking my roomie whether or not she thinks this guy she met up a few weeks ago likes her after one outing to the movies. Plaguing her with questions such as 'do you think he likes me?' or 'should I text him or should I wait? Or should I call?'. It's killing me. Not so much because of jealousy or whatnot but because they're such rhetorical questions that no one can really answer- my roomie hasn't even met him before.
Sometimes I think I'm too sensitive and clingy- which is most of the time. Yet there are times where I feel that I lack compassion.
This world is so full of pain.
Ugh so now I've come down the a cold and it really sucks. I think I should sleep earlier.
Perhaps we are so eager to change our outer appearances because it is easier to change from shirt to shirt while building character takes time, patience and diligence. Or perhaps it's because the majority of people you pass by daily only see your physical appearance. I don't know.
There's this girl who is constantly asking my roomie whether or not she thinks this guy she met up a few weeks ago likes her after one outing to the movies. Plaguing her with questions such as 'do you think he likes me?' or 'should I text him or should I wait? Or should I call?'. It's killing me. Not so much because of jealousy or whatnot but because they're such rhetorical questions that no one can really answer- my roomie hasn't even met him before.
Sometimes I think I'm too sensitive and clingy- which is most of the time. Yet there are times where I feel that I lack compassion.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home