Cheating and Christian Models
It annoys me that people cheat on homework and get away with it. Sigh. Then again I have helped someone to do it also.
Liz has finished all her work and Bonnie has her shoe to do due Thurs but a mini essay and a big drawing due tomorrow... so Liz is doing it for her as payment for the haircuts that she gave her.
It's not fair.
Allie and Bonnie trade homework assignments.
Allie once had to do a merchandise project and she pulled an all nighter and I did all her advertisement posters for her on the computer. And her teacher loved them. Sigh.
It's honestly not fair.
She keeps saying 'Oh I feel so bad for making you do this...'
Do people not have morals or standards anymore?
We were watching this reality show called 8th & Ocean which is basically about models in Miami who work to pay their bills within the agency.. and there's this one girl from Kansas who is Christian and they followed her to this- I guess- this place called 'Models For Christ' where models could congregate and worship with their peers... and they were sitting in a wide circle singing and Allie, Bonnie, Laura all snickered and were like 'give me a break'. I didn't say anything but it really got me wondering as to how tolerant people really claim they are... they can take the booze, smoking pot, swearing etc but not people singing to a God they believe. They say they are tolerant, open minded people who 'absolutely love gay guys'. To me, they're setting up a double standard where they see cynicism in sincerity. Bonnie mentioned that it 'would be hard for a model to remain Christian' when the Kansas girl said she wanted to keep her faith while in the industry. Yes, but so what? In cutthroat industries like modeling and fashion, it's hard to see how one can stand their ground because it is so 'open' and 'tolerant'. I think the cynicism was really based on their discomfort to watch another level of intimacy and interaction with something supernatural.
Liz has finished all her work and Bonnie has her shoe to do due Thurs but a mini essay and a big drawing due tomorrow... so Liz is doing it for her as payment for the haircuts that she gave her.
It's not fair.
Allie and Bonnie trade homework assignments.
Allie once had to do a merchandise project and she pulled an all nighter and I did all her advertisement posters for her on the computer. And her teacher loved them. Sigh.
It's honestly not fair.
She keeps saying 'Oh I feel so bad for making you do this...'
Do people not have morals or standards anymore?
We were watching this reality show called 8th & Ocean which is basically about models in Miami who work to pay their bills within the agency.. and there's this one girl from Kansas who is Christian and they followed her to this- I guess- this place called 'Models For Christ' where models could congregate and worship with their peers... and they were sitting in a wide circle singing and Allie, Bonnie, Laura all snickered and were like 'give me a break'. I didn't say anything but it really got me wondering as to how tolerant people really claim they are... they can take the booze, smoking pot, swearing etc but not people singing to a God they believe. They say they are tolerant, open minded people who 'absolutely love gay guys'. To me, they're setting up a double standard where they see cynicism in sincerity. Bonnie mentioned that it 'would be hard for a model to remain Christian' when the Kansas girl said she wanted to keep her faith while in the industry. Yes, but so what? In cutthroat industries like modeling and fashion, it's hard to see how one can stand their ground because it is so 'open' and 'tolerant'. I think the cynicism was really based on their discomfort to watch another level of intimacy and interaction with something supernatural.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home