Monday, March 13, 2006

history

There are some people you can talk to in large groups of friends but if you were face to face with him/her, it's really awkward. However there are some people who are great conversationalists and who you can talk to one on one and not feel uncomfortable with.

I am so full of Chinese history right now... I'm annoyed (okay it's more like mad, but that sounds kind of psycho considering how long ago it was) that the British sold opium to the Chinese and caused tens of thousands of people to get addicted- and when the Chinese government tried to stop them from trading, they forced their way in and borrowed Hong Kong and parts of Kowloon and Shanghai. How ridiculous does that sound: the chinese government refused to let us sell drugs to the people so we fought a battle and took over their ports so we could continue selling drugs.
I guess no one really understands it... I understand it more after watching so many Gong Li foreign films that addressed this dreadful addiction (it reminds me of heroine) and the political unrest in the 1900s.

Blah... I've written a seven page essay which is still in its first draft stage. I write too much for my own good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home