Sen5es
Touch
I'm not a fan of whole wheat or multi grain breads. My favourite has always been Japanese milk bread. When I came back for Christmas, I always went with my mom to the plaza with the old Richmond Court and Saigon Star where there was a Chinese bakery. I love pressing my finger through the bag into the soft, silky shallow body of a fresh baked loaf- white as snow- and watch as my finger sunk in leaving an imprint.
Taste
Mangoes- one of my favourite fruits. The golden flesh dripping in its own nectar- bursts with sweet flavour on the tongue.
Sound
What can be more beautiful than the sound of water? From the merest trickle from spring's first coming to the bathing woman in her porcelain tub in which the foamy water stirs ever so slightly to the rushing waves as they cascade over the sand.
Smell
Children have heightened sense of smell. As a child, I used to love the scent of paper. But not just any paper. Every time I'd open a book, I'd put my nose to it and inhale that musky fragrance.
Sight
Light never ceases to mystify me. Observe an object and notice that the shadows are never solid and are ever so changing even so slight on the surface. Reflected light mesmerizes me, in which the object glows. Light creates mood- candles for a romantic dinner, the winter sun casting cold hues onto the surface of the window sill.
I'm not a fan of whole wheat or multi grain breads. My favourite has always been Japanese milk bread. When I came back for Christmas, I always went with my mom to the plaza with the old Richmond Court and Saigon Star where there was a Chinese bakery. I love pressing my finger through the bag into the soft, silky shallow body of a fresh baked loaf- white as snow- and watch as my finger sunk in leaving an imprint.
Taste
Mangoes- one of my favourite fruits. The golden flesh dripping in its own nectar- bursts with sweet flavour on the tongue.
Sound
What can be more beautiful than the sound of water? From the merest trickle from spring's first coming to the bathing woman in her porcelain tub in which the foamy water stirs ever so slightly to the rushing waves as they cascade over the sand.
Smell
Children have heightened sense of smell. As a child, I used to love the scent of paper. But not just any paper. Every time I'd open a book, I'd put my nose to it and inhale that musky fragrance.
Sight
Light never ceases to mystify me. Observe an object and notice that the shadows are never solid and are ever so changing even so slight on the surface. Reflected light mesmerizes me, in which the object glows. Light creates mood- candles for a romantic dinner, the winter sun casting cold hues onto the surface of the window sill.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home