Monday, February 20, 2006

blog and bad news

Whoohoo. Go new face. Didn't recognize it did you at first? Hahha... The tiling on the Masquerade one was pissing me off so I've changed. I did however, like the whiteness and blank space in the other one. Oh well. For this one I had to change the text colour because it was almost the same shade as the background. I checked the html colour numbers on google. So proud of myself. Hahaha. Btw, this is Jessica Stam (no I didn't make the layout), a Canadian model. Yes, Canadian. :P I'm not hosting these pictures so as soon as the bandwidth goes haywire or she takes down the images, I am swapping again. Hahaha... which may be very soon.
On the sadder note, my mom called me to tell me how much my violin was (doing essay on its production and consumption) and she told me that she was at Sunnybrook Hospital with my dad the whole afternoon. He woke up and he couldn't see through one eye.. It was like a film of stuff over it (reminded me of Paul/Saul and his scales) and it was painful whenever he blinked. Turns out he has a lot of pressure in his eye and some cells fell off which caused the pain. His cornea could detach any moment. So he went to hospital where they said he didn't need any laser surgery but has to come back in two weeks. Then perhaps I may have to take the plane home and they won't come. :( He had so much eyedrops in his eye, my mom had to lead him everywhere because he can't see. I wonder if it's hereditary. So pray for my dad.
I think that's the worst thing that I could lose actually. I'd rather be deaf than blind. I rather be able to see than to be mute/dumb. For me, especially for what I do, I feel so connected and appreciative of life because of the things I see.
Hm... gonna shower. I don't have many thoughts today. I was watching the news and felt like crying for the people in the Philippines and the mineworkers in I-forgot-where. I think it was partially spurned on by the news of my dad. I did however, finish a ton of work today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home