Balance
I used to laugh at the thought that someone would get a job just to support their spending habits and it has dawned on me now, since I live alone and am constantly exposed to materialism, that I may have to get a job soon. I feel bad for spending my parent's money so I think I'll get a job after Spring Break preferably doing Visual Merchandising (which is hard to come by as a student but since Stacy has a job at Abercrombie, perhaps I'll apply there although I am very against their clothign style and their dumb ads which are all of semi-nude guys. I don't want to do retail but we'll see...). I can't really be picky about anything since I haven;t had any experience in the retail field but getting an internship sounds fun too. Maybe both during the summer? Who knows.
I realized that I'm a clothes collector: someone who purchases clothing that attracts the eye over functionality. Bad? Yes and no. The clothes that I collect I plan on wearing them for several decades (unless my body gets extremely shriveled, fat and saggy.. HAHAHA.. I've seen many of those whilst life drawing. rarely do we get a really hot model). Then again that coat I splurged on when I first got here has been put to good use throughout the entire year since I wear it so often. I plan on passing all my clothes on to my children/grandchildren anyway. I cherish them now. A library of clothes. Almost like a history chronicling the places I've been and holds many memories of people I have been with.
Sometimes I think I talk too much about clothes.
But I'm going into that field.
I'm always trying to find a balance between all the things I write here in this blog.
I realized that I'm a clothes collector: someone who purchases clothing that attracts the eye over functionality. Bad? Yes and no. The clothes that I collect I plan on wearing them for several decades (unless my body gets extremely shriveled, fat and saggy.. HAHAHA.. I've seen many of those whilst life drawing. rarely do we get a really hot model). Then again that coat I splurged on when I first got here has been put to good use throughout the entire year since I wear it so often. I plan on passing all my clothes on to my children/grandchildren anyway. I cherish them now. A library of clothes. Almost like a history chronicling the places I've been and holds many memories of people I have been with.
Sometimes I think I talk too much about clothes.
But I'm going into that field.
I'm always trying to find a balance between all the things I write here in this blog.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home