Puh-Puh-Pieces
QUEST CREW WONNNNNNNNNNNN.
I'm going to stalk you in LA next weeeeek. XD
Actually the finale was quite anti climatical because the solo group dances were kinda pulled together at the last minute.
Man, I love Ryan Conferido- one of Quest crew members: he can compose piano songs AND dance. Dang. This is one of my favourites: Girl Don't Cry. The piano sounds like the comforting voice of a friend translated into a melody. It starts off a soft inquiry, slowly translating into sympathy and then unfolds into wistfully drawn out words of encouragement (or maybe I'm just reading too much into it). I loveee it. My friend sent it to me and I've played it twenty times already.
---------------------------------------------

Photoshooooot
In the meanwhile I'm just bobbing my head to Flo Rida's Right Round which was also the song that Quest Crew danced too. XD That chorus is darn catchy.
You spin my head right round right round....

I thought I should address NY Fashion Week that occured about two weeks ago. I don't read Vogue anymore nor do I avidly check up on style.com on every new fashion show update. So from all the ones I did click on, I liked Philip Lim's the best. This is something I'd wear... if I had the boy body. But I love her hair.

I. Love. His. Hair. It makes such a difference.
----------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure why I'm blogging. Oh yeah, because I'm bored. I'm actually bored.
This past week I completed a 10 page piece on InDesign of what I want my website to look like visually and then sent it to a potential web designer. And today I had no idea what to do with myself giving that I couldnt really do anything but wait. So I continued reading this book I picked up during the winter break called 'Factory Girls' on the constantly changing lives of girls in China who work at the factories.
Yeah I'm really psyched about my website thesis project thingie. I showed printed versions of my website to my class and they were like "wow now I know what you're talking about. It's.. amazing."
yeyeyeye.
The 10 page PDF file includes twenty visual diagrams of how my website looks, feels and functions along with a navigational diagram of what page connects with what page. I'm super pleased with it all. I thought, if I want to minimize cost and if I want the web designer to design the site, I should be the first to be able to physically realize the facade of each page so that he/she understands exactly what I want. Because too often we don't really know what we want ourselves which becomes the biggest problem. Then comes communicating this idea to others so that they too can see your vision.
Yeah so last week I forced myself to question every method in which this company would run and how the webpages would flow into each other. And let me tell you, I am not a web designer so it was extremely difficult to figure out the smallest details such as navigational flow of the menus to the position of images to text so that it looks visually pleasing. Yeah I've realized how hard it is to think in a linear fashion without deviating and jumping points. To design a company, you must design every single little aspect to it from production to shipping to marketing to merchandising and brand strategy. Dang it's a lot of work.
Anyway so I'm taking a break from thesis. Problem is is that now with all this time, I'm a little bored. I can do hw due Monday but... its only Thursday. It's not that I don't have work to do, it's just that I want to take a break but I'm not sure what to do on this break. I started designing my thesis book which I can imagine to be hellishly expensive because.... I have expensive taste.
But anyway, I feel very blessed by God through my work right now. I like doing this and I feel alive when I'm refining every component of my company. This work seems just what I was created for (and that's just hypothetical).

Sukiyaki Western Django. The movie itself was meh but the COSTUMES were so sexy. Two Japanese cowboy gangs/yakuza against each other: one in red and the other in white. A mix of distressed denim and kimono-like jackets ripped and torn. So good looking. Hence my growing interest in cowboy Western styles mixed with Asian prints.
So Monday was the first time in my four year career at Parsons that we got a snow day.
What did I do?
Did a little dance (you wish... I meant I did a little dance in my head XD) and then went out to lunch with acc. partner! lol. It really was nothing- I just laughed at all those poor new yorkers who only had sneakers. Canada trains you well.
Oh and I got 98% on my Chinese test. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The artist that rocks my socks. His work is jaw dropping. I take inspiration from him when I'm doing my thesis: he's a constant reminder that work should be fun.
So I've started to pull my annoying bangs back which means... I may be reverting back to my old hairstyle pre-New York. T-T I look really plain without the bangs though. I feel really... exposed.
I was thinking last week of the post I wrote previously. And I realized that this saying holds true, "don't it all just seem to go when you dont know what you got till it's gone."
Wishing I had a group of friends like Quest Crew did- I realized I sort of had that in my own broken New York way. I received an email from my visiting friend now back at uni, telling me that she was inspired to start up her own personal devos again after doing BS with me in New York. Both of us and a mutual friend studying in another State started an email chain to keep in touch beyond just Facebook. I proposed that we start up Bible Studies via email: assigning three chapters a week and then getting together at the end of the week to write to each other about how we were convicted by those passages and life in general.
I want genuinely deep friendships now: to find Christ centered relationships and not ones that are based on superfluous things. It's hard though because I know some friendships that I care for the most will not reach this state though we hang out a lot/talk we're just 'friends for fun'.
I'm really encouraged by Small Groups. Our church is starting to focus more and more on prayer and at the end of March we are doing a 24/7 prayer event for a week where participants sign up to pray for an hour of the day at the church office so that someone is in the prayer room on every hour for a week.
We were sharing about prayer today and a few things that stuck out to me were:
-We often come with our own agendas in prayer but we fail to see this is the only direct connection between us and God to just speak to Him for who He is and not what He can do for us.
-When in conflict, we often run to our roommates/friends/family first to vent and then lastly to God when we're tired to say "oh God you know my problems... please help me". Should we not seek His counsel first?
-We often fall asleep in prayer but remember that you should conduct yourself in the same way you would act if God was physically in front of you. And you most likely would not be asleep.
I am slowly learning to rely on God for everything. To know is an entirely different from experiencing (now did you really just understand what I just said? ;P). I know I have many idols in my life that I may be taking for granted as something I deserve or something that I can't live without.
I was challenged to give up something for Lent. Although we aren't catholic, it's a good time to also do this as a symbol of our ultimate reliance on God. So...
I gave up chocolate.
Lol if you think about it, it's a lot easier than giving up dessert all together so no I don't consider this suffering. I bet you they'll be missing me at Max Brenner's.
However I forgot that I have to make the ultimate chocolate cake for my friend's birthday smack in the middle of this month. She wants it dense chocolate filled with candy bars. God's laughing at my face. jk.
Speaking of suffering, I finished Jeremiah (I could hear God addressing the USA in all the calamities He promises to bring upon the nations) and am now slicing through Job. After Job it's Deuteronomy I go!
Hm I think I'll try this Japanese recipe that teaches you to make a chicken, tofu and vegetable soup tomorrow that I got translated. YAYYYY
Friday: Prayer date with one of my SG leaders and Coraline (my friend and I are determined to not be beaten this time round)
Saturday: Flushing, Queens to watch my friends get their hair done (yeah I'm a loser like that.. I enjoy watching things like this providing I'm interested in their hair in the first place. :P) and then probs eat there (CHINESE FOOOD)
Sunday: church and tea with my fashion portfolio big sister who went to HK and lives in the same apartment complex as my family there to find a job but came back today!
Monday: Chinese and lunch with acc. partner. Dinner with SG friend
Tuesday: Class...Prep for round robin thesis crit this Wed.
Wednesday: Chinese, Crit, IDC Hate Club Dinner and going to see Watchmen.. and then it's home to pack-a-pack for LALALALA
Thursday: LOS ANGELES, BABY!
I'm going to stalk you in LA next weeeeek. XD
Actually the finale was quite anti climatical because the solo group dances were kinda pulled together at the last minute.
Man, I love Ryan Conferido- one of Quest crew members: he can compose piano songs AND dance. Dang. This is one of my favourites: Girl Don't Cry. The piano sounds like the comforting voice of a friend translated into a melody. It starts off a soft inquiry, slowly translating into sympathy and then unfolds into wistfully drawn out words of encouragement (or maybe I'm just reading too much into it). I loveee it. My friend sent it to me and I've played it twenty times already.
---------------------------------------------
Photoshooooot
In the meanwhile I'm just bobbing my head to Flo Rida's Right Round which was also the song that Quest Crew danced too. XD That chorus is darn catchy.
You spin my head right round right round....

I thought I should address NY Fashion Week that occured about two weeks ago. I don't read Vogue anymore nor do I avidly check up on style.com on every new fashion show update. So from all the ones I did click on, I liked Philip Lim's the best. This is something I'd wear... if I had the boy body. But I love her hair.

I. Love. His. Hair. It makes such a difference.
----------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure why I'm blogging. Oh yeah, because I'm bored. I'm actually bored.
This past week I completed a 10 page piece on InDesign of what I want my website to look like visually and then sent it to a potential web designer. And today I had no idea what to do with myself giving that I couldnt really do anything but wait. So I continued reading this book I picked up during the winter break called 'Factory Girls' on the constantly changing lives of girls in China who work at the factories.
Yeah I'm really psyched about my website thesis project thingie. I showed printed versions of my website to my class and they were like "wow now I know what you're talking about. It's.. amazing."
yeyeyeye.
The 10 page PDF file includes twenty visual diagrams of how my website looks, feels and functions along with a navigational diagram of what page connects with what page. I'm super pleased with it all. I thought, if I want to minimize cost and if I want the web designer to design the site, I should be the first to be able to physically realize the facade of each page so that he/she understands exactly what I want. Because too often we don't really know what we want ourselves which becomes the biggest problem. Then comes communicating this idea to others so that they too can see your vision.
Yeah so last week I forced myself to question every method in which this company would run and how the webpages would flow into each other. And let me tell you, I am not a web designer so it was extremely difficult to figure out the smallest details such as navigational flow of the menus to the position of images to text so that it looks visually pleasing. Yeah I've realized how hard it is to think in a linear fashion without deviating and jumping points. To design a company, you must design every single little aspect to it from production to shipping to marketing to merchandising and brand strategy. Dang it's a lot of work.
Anyway so I'm taking a break from thesis. Problem is is that now with all this time, I'm a little bored. I can do hw due Monday but... its only Thursday. It's not that I don't have work to do, it's just that I want to take a break but I'm not sure what to do on this break. I started designing my thesis book which I can imagine to be hellishly expensive because.... I have expensive taste.
But anyway, I feel very blessed by God through my work right now. I like doing this and I feel alive when I'm refining every component of my company. This work seems just what I was created for (and that's just hypothetical).

Sukiyaki Western Django. The movie itself was meh but the COSTUMES were so sexy. Two Japanese cowboy gangs/yakuza against each other: one in red and the other in white. A mix of distressed denim and kimono-like jackets ripped and torn. So good looking. Hence my growing interest in cowboy Western styles mixed with Asian prints.
So Monday was the first time in my four year career at Parsons that we got a snow day.
What did I do?
Did a little dance (you wish... I meant I did a little dance in my head XD) and then went out to lunch with acc. partner! lol. It really was nothing- I just laughed at all those poor new yorkers who only had sneakers. Canada trains you well.
Oh and I got 98% on my Chinese test. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The artist that rocks my socks. His work is jaw dropping. I take inspiration from him when I'm doing my thesis: he's a constant reminder that work should be fun.
So I've started to pull my annoying bangs back which means... I may be reverting back to my old hairstyle pre-New York. T-T I look really plain without the bangs though. I feel really... exposed.
I was thinking last week of the post I wrote previously. And I realized that this saying holds true, "don't it all just seem to go when you dont know what you got till it's gone."
Wishing I had a group of friends like Quest Crew did- I realized I sort of had that in my own broken New York way. I received an email from my visiting friend now back at uni, telling me that she was inspired to start up her own personal devos again after doing BS with me in New York. Both of us and a mutual friend studying in another State started an email chain to keep in touch beyond just Facebook. I proposed that we start up Bible Studies via email: assigning three chapters a week and then getting together at the end of the week to write to each other about how we were convicted by those passages and life in general.
I want genuinely deep friendships now: to find Christ centered relationships and not ones that are based on superfluous things. It's hard though because I know some friendships that I care for the most will not reach this state though we hang out a lot/talk we're just 'friends for fun'.
I'm really encouraged by Small Groups. Our church is starting to focus more and more on prayer and at the end of March we are doing a 24/7 prayer event for a week where participants sign up to pray for an hour of the day at the church office so that someone is in the prayer room on every hour for a week.
We were sharing about prayer today and a few things that stuck out to me were:
-We often come with our own agendas in prayer but we fail to see this is the only direct connection between us and God to just speak to Him for who He is and not what He can do for us.
-When in conflict, we often run to our roommates/friends/family first to vent and then lastly to God when we're tired to say "oh God you know my problems... please help me". Should we not seek His counsel first?
-We often fall asleep in prayer but remember that you should conduct yourself in the same way you would act if God was physically in front of you. And you most likely would not be asleep.
I am slowly learning to rely on God for everything. To know is an entirely different from experiencing (now did you really just understand what I just said? ;P). I know I have many idols in my life that I may be taking for granted as something I deserve or something that I can't live without.
I was challenged to give up something for Lent. Although we aren't catholic, it's a good time to also do this as a symbol of our ultimate reliance on God. So...
I gave up chocolate.
Lol if you think about it, it's a lot easier than giving up dessert all together so no I don't consider this suffering. I bet you they'll be missing me at Max Brenner's.
However I forgot that I have to make the ultimate chocolate cake for my friend's birthday smack in the middle of this month. She wants it dense chocolate filled with candy bars. God's laughing at my face. jk.
Speaking of suffering, I finished Jeremiah (I could hear God addressing the USA in all the calamities He promises to bring upon the nations) and am now slicing through Job. After Job it's Deuteronomy I go!
Hm I think I'll try this Japanese recipe that teaches you to make a chicken, tofu and vegetable soup tomorrow that I got translated. YAYYYY
Friday: Prayer date with one of my SG leaders and Coraline (my friend and I are determined to not be beaten this time round)
Saturday: Flushing, Queens to watch my friends get their hair done (yeah I'm a loser like that.. I enjoy watching things like this providing I'm interested in their hair in the first place. :P) and then probs eat there (CHINESE FOOOD)
Sunday: church and tea with my fashion portfolio big sister who went to HK and lives in the same apartment complex as my family there to find a job but came back today!
Monday: Chinese and lunch with acc. partner. Dinner with SG friend
Tuesday: Class...Prep for round robin thesis crit this Wed.
Wednesday: Chinese, Crit, IDC Hate Club Dinner and going to see Watchmen.. and then it's home to pack-a-pack for LALALALA
Thursday: LOS ANGELES, BABY!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home