Sunday, May 18, 2008

Just Breathe.


Vogue May 2008 featuring Smallville dude and model. Something about this picture caught my eye the first time I saw it. Perhaps it was the lightness of the subject or the warmth in the colour; it's just a beautifully done shot.

What just happened?

I missed my 11:30 flight and had to take the 12:30 with my friend. I never learn. Watched National Treasure 2. It was twice as enjoyable since our plane was going through a lot of turbulence, it felt as if I was on that car chase with Nicholas Cage.
Day 1: arrived in airport, had a late lunch with parents.... don't remember what happened later. Oh, Go For Tea with friend.
Day 2: Forgot... oh eye doctor (I tell him that I always see him before I see any of my friends which is true) then early dinner with two other friends at Congee Wong and spontaneous trip to Markville Mall.. last min plans with Raps Crew at Destiny
Day 3: podiatrist appointment, long engagement photoshoot with Joyce, Syd, Kev and Andrew on Center Island. Salt and then 'A Place For Us' till.. 2am.
Day 4: Cupcake Shoppe on Eglinton and Eatons with a couple of Raps Crew. Went back with one of them and just chatted, and then family dinner and Destiny with cousins followed by a visit to a gr 11 guy thinking if going to Parsons and needing some advice.

Everything's a blur. But I'm happy. I haven't been getting much sleep lately but it's better to have things to do than to have too much sleep without little plans.

A lot of friends have been going through a lot of relational problems lately with a mix of extreme emotional abuse to rather circumstantial arguments. It makes me wonder if the day ever came along when someone told me that he'd love me forever yada yada- my intial reaction/reply would be skepticism. And I'd probably remain a little 'distant' until he proved his words through actions.
I think it's funny that friends confide in me about their boy problems. Not that I don't take it seriously, but at the same time, I am the least experienced person to be talking to. Then again it's probably because they just want a listening ear.

And it's because I am always the listening ear and the initiator, that when a friend mentioned today that my memory rather sucks, I realized it's because I talk to so many people, I pretty much forget everything they tell me. It's not that I mean to but my harddrive can only store so much information. So I always feel bad for forgetting what people tell me except I know I probably would not remember it again if they repeated themselves.

It's been a year. May 16.

Pride comes before fall. But I've noticed that when I'm in Toronto, I'm always comparing NYC to it.

Ugh too tired to write. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home