Hm well my day didn't start off the way I wanted to. Our toilet got clogged with crap in it so I spent an hour literally bailing out all the water and my roomie and I had to use the plunger at least five times before it all went down. So gross. I had to clean the entire bathroom to santize it.
Other than that, I went to meet a few new friends I made in class and we went up to Columbia University on 116st because apparently the campus is really nice.
Omg, it was absolutely gorgeous. I'm so envious of them. Their entire campus is enclosed among these gorgeous Federal style buildings with trees and grass surrounding them. Their library is a white dome with pillars while their philosophy building looks like some classical greek piece. They had white tents filled with different clubs and people were just lying around and one band was playing really loud music. Sigh. It was amazing.
The Mathematics building is ten times prettier than any of our Parsons buildings. So is the Philosophy building. Sigh. The sad thing is is that I've started analyzing architecture according to it's traits. I saw this building we were walking up to: "Hm.. Doric columns, white dome but with eagle statues on the front.. This must be from the American Federal period of the 19th century!" Unfortunately the building was closed but we managed to ask the security guard a little about the building and found out it was built in the 1890's... Yes!!! I know so many useless things!
I realize that I will never be able to experience the same kind of university life that most people have. Our buildings are ugly, small and pitiful. We have no common area where students can hang out- there's no sense of community. School is basically where we do work and then we all go our own seperate ways. I want to transfer to Columbia!
After that we met up with one of my friend's friend and I showed them St John's Cathedral and then went to the Hungarian Pastry Shop to satiate the sweet tooth. We wandered around the area, saw a glimpse of water in the distance and walked over there yelling "There's water over there!" Yeah I have not seen so much grass, trees and water in such a long time. Haha.
To top it off, my friend's friend showed us to this pizza place that sold GINORMOUS pizza slices. We all ordered a jumbo slice for $3.75.... I don't have pictures as of yet because both my camera batteries died on me in the middle of the trip so I'll show you just how ginormous the slices later. :P
To top it off, my friend's friend showed us to this pizza place that sold GINORMOUS pizza slices. We all ordered a jumbo slice for $3.75.... I don't have pictures as of yet because both my camera batteries died on me in the middle of the trip so I'll show you just how ginormous the slices later. :P
Overall, it was just a lovely day because we had such gorgeous weather and surrounded by such beauty. It was great.
In three weeks, it will be one of my friend's birthday and they're gonna have a pre party which includes going to the MET, and Central Park for a picnic and row boating. :D I've already invited myself over.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway I figured a slower cheaper way to learn/improve my cantonese is to watch more canto films... and I found this one called 'Shopaholics' and it's so frickin funny. It's basically about a lot of messed up people: Cecilia Cheung plays an impulsive shopper who was left orphaned in the middle of a shopping mall.. LOL. And she is sent to a psych who has a problem with choosing things (indecisiveness) and had an ex girlfriend who was addicted to thriftiness. But she meets a guy who wants what everyone else wants and they all end up trying to marry each other. It's hilarious. Okay I will stop here.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I don't really like makeup other than concealer. My roommate was trying her new mascara on me but since I have Snuffleufagus eyelashes (you know the elephant in Sesame Street whose lashes slope down), I can't be bothered with eyelash curlers and mascara in the morning. I looked into the mirror after she was done, and I look really... ugly. The other time, she tried to add depth to my very Asian face by adding darks and highlights onto the sides of my nose and I seriously looked retarded- like she was trying to bring out my flat nose by adding a contour around it. Even with 'professional' make up artists never seem to 'improve' my aesthetic- I told the lady who did my prom makeup NOT to line the bottom of my eyes but she insisted and I ended up looking like a panda/bruised.
So I must conclude that I look perfect without makeup. By default. Lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The one thing I'm not really fond about in dating books, including Henry Cloud's is the mini 'rules' that they set.... don't call him too much because then he'll lose interest because you seem so easy. Don't appear to be so 'busy' but don't look too available either. They say don't play hard to get but at the same time, appear as if you do have other interests than him. -_-
When it comes to these things, it makes me very self conscious and overthink. Why can't I be me and do what I think is right? What does it matter if I am the first to msg him on msn? I just want to talk. Sheesh. They just start to sound like any other girl magazine.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home