Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Word Puns// Finding Love on Craigslist

Word Puns

So when my mom came down, she brought me an entire box of Maltesers. For some reason beyond my comprehension, they don't sell Maltesers OR Aero bars here. So last year after Thanksgiving, I lugged an entire box of Aero bars from Costco and spread the good news to all my roommates, classmates and fellow dorm neighbours. A lot of people asked me what Maltesers were and I'd just stick the bag out in front of them to try what the grocery stores call 'English delicacies'. My friend from Miami said when she returned home, she saw them under that section of the grocery store while in a fashion magazine I was reading it labelled them 'imported treats'. I should start charging people. A lot of people get addicted to Aero- it's really funny.
Anyway one day my roomie and I were watching 'Unwrapped' on the Food network on candy bars and the two bars that were featured in the program called 'Almond Joy' and 'Mounds' were on there. Since us Canadians don't have some American goodies (fair enough since Aero and Maltesers are so great), my roomie decided to share with me the good news of the American candy. Almond Joy and Mounds are basically the same but the Mounds doesn't have almonds in them like Almond Joy. I was trying to tell Kevin about the American chocolate bars that they have here in the following MSN conversation:

[ k ] says: wat do they have
snickers? haha
§åM says: and.. Almond Joy
§åM says: I've tried some stuff we don;t have
[ k ] says: ALMOND JOY? ahhahaha
§åM says: have you had it>?
[ k ] says: NO ahhaha
§åM says: you like the name don't you pretty gimmicky eh
[ k ] says: lol
[ k ] says: if the taste is even half as good as the name
[ k ] says: i be impressed
[ k ] says: 'hows that bar' 'its...joyous'
§åM says: hha. I'll bring you one
§åM says: they have another one... called Mounds
[ k ] says: ....
[ k ] says: HAHAHAH wat is like, like turtles here?
§åM says: it's Almond Joy minus the almonds
[ k ] says: why couldnt they have just called it
[ k ] says: joy
[ k ] says: hhaHAHAHA
[ k ] says: mounds..o mann
I told my roommate and we had a good laugh. Now I really wonder why they didn't call it 'Joy'.
Anyway, my roommate and I were discussing email accounts and I told her about 'Gmail' and how efficient and organized it was unlike hotmail (my account was from gr6 hence the very weird name). She told me that she first heard of 'Gmail' when her brother got an account and at the time she thought 'Gmail' stood for 'gangster-mail'. LOL.
Finding Love on Craigslist
Anyway so she got an account so she could post up an ad on Craigslist. If you don't know what craigslist is... you are missing out. You can surf jobs, post up relationships, even post up 'missed connections' ads... so my roomie put one up:
I am a 20 year-old college student attending a design school in New York City. I'm always too busy doing schoolwork to do go out and have fun but i'd really like to. I really love doing tea, walking around the city, parks, galleries, and going to museums... (where ever the atmosphere is nice) i also love just lounging about and watching dvds while binging on junk food... thats the best i think. nothing beats that. i sound like an old granny but that's just because i do all this... mostly alone...
alas, i do not have any male friends!!! i dont need a boyfriend. In fact, i don't really want one. This-because i am to busy and i can not afford the drama in my life. But i do attend a design school, where 88 % of the student population consists of women, 10% are gay men, and the remaining 2% are either unbelievably awkward or taken. (even so, i rarely run into those in the last 2%) I am not homophobic and i am not a hater. i just REALLY need to make a male friend. NOW. I swim in a pool of homosexual men every day and it has thrown off the equilibrium in my freaking life. So if you are a nice, safe, normal straight heterosexual guy out there who wouldnt mind being in a STRICTLY PLATONIC relationship with a reasonably attractive girl... you need to send me an email... like NOW. Maybe we can chat =] Just preferences: i love smart people, nerdy, clever, everything like that.. I'm not the biggest book-worm myself, but i'm an art nerd, so you'd have to be appreciative of art. not all art... just... don't think i'm a freak of nature... though i sort of am. i hate tactlessness. I also require being with TALL people. I know im not looking for a boyfriend... but it messes with my brain when im with a guy who's shorter than i am. I'm only 5'5''... but i live in heels... so give about 2-3 inches.. its not too much to ask, is it? =D oh and when you get to know me, my superficiality won't bother you one bit, ill have you know.
LOL. She told me she got a midget sent her an angry email about the last part. LOL. Anyway so now she's found a guy who is 28 years old, who was born in HK and lived there for eight years, moved to Toronto and lived in North York and then moved to New York to go to Pratt. How weird is that??? And he's Chinese. He asked what high school I went to and said that he used to play b ball at our gym. LOL. I saw his picture. I told Bonnie he had a very 'template face' like it was a very basic face which you could add things to it. And she totally understood what I was saying. They may go to the MET some time soon.
Anyway, maybe I have to make a post on craigslist. Except I don't want to bother adding random people on MSN. And how sad would it be to say you met on Craigslist. Okay fine maybe she'll have the last laugh.
----
It was 25 degrees celcius today. It was insane. Showing leg feels a little weird after having them encased in two pairs of tights all winter. But it was wonderful and a little scary- if it's this warm now I don't want to be in New York during the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home