Friday, September 29, 2006

Midterms= Doom

Life.
What can I say? It's been a month.
I don't feel like I'm attending university. I've noticed that those university towns like Queens or Waterloo have strong communities because they have nothing but each other. LOL. While Parsons and U of T (okay I may be wrong with this one) is part of a larger city and thus the students interact more with the outside world than with those in the school.
Next week:
History of Dress: I have to write a four page paper on Nudity and Robert Mapplethorpe's dumb essay to hand in at the time of exam, there will be a quick five slide test and then an essay question pertaining to this week's reading... SIGH.


Kosovo project: A major downer on this one when I realized today we were restricted to children's soft goods, children's toys and home decor/accessories- seriously.... ugh. Anyway I have to have 20 preliminary sketches for her by next week.


Garment Body Studio: Dumbest course ever- I have to finish reconstructing this thrift store kimono. ARGH.


Body: Aesthetics, Culture and Politics: I really really really like this class and discussion. Today we talked about the Body exhibit and the plastination of unknown Chinese bodies and the ethics behind it. You know what some guy said? He said that he thought it was morally wrong to slice up dead corpses and put them on display but had no problems with pornography. o_o Yep but I didnt do the response paper on the Throwing Like a Girl essay so she let me write one as soon as I got home and email it to her... I got to talk about softball. LOL. It tied right in though it did sound a little negative. Oh yeah and I just copied and pasted something in there right from my blog. lol.


Intro to Design: Bland. Tomorrow's class. I have a midterm exam next week. Why are our midterms so early??




On the side note, Bonnie found the song from Great Expectations. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home