Chores
So this Tuesday I'm going to go with Bonnie to Chinatown again because she's doing a project based on an ethnic area.
I love buying groceries.
I know most kids hate it and they complain that they have to go buy food which is annoying and cutting into their busy school schedules.
But you know what, not having Chinese food sucks like no other. And that's what motivates me to go out to Chinatown as much as I hate the amount of people who are there and getting in my way while they're browsing fake Louis Vuittons and Rolexs at the street vendors. I think living here in New York has made me really cherish Chinese food- I am ecstatic when I enter the Chinese grocery store and pick up soy sauce, frozen dumplings.. the other day I discovered this underground supermarket and I got half a pound of char siu.. omg. It was amazing. I plan to go back and get a pound of char siu and soy chicken.
I enjoy 'cooking' dinner. When I go home to cook rice, I love opening the box and taking in the wafting sweet fragrance of the rice- it's just delicious. I love that smell. Hauling that 25 pounds of rice was worth it. You don't understand how crazy Robyn and I went when we first got into that supermarket. Incredible. And the best thing about Chinese supermarkets is that everything is a lot cheaper than Caucasian places- it's incredible!
So for me the joy of eating has also transcended into the making of it- I really like the sound of eggs frying in the pan- that crackling sound as they cook. It's just so satisfying to hear.
And that's what I don't get. Kids back there simply go home during the weekend to pick up stuff that their parents make for them and take it back for the week- and they complain about going to the grocery stores and whatnot.
I like going to the supermarket and selecting what to buy and looking for good sales. It's fun.
So the moral to this story is that TORONTO PEOPLE STOP TAKING YOUR FOOD FOR GRANTED.
On that note, I've also had to do the dishes more and now have the jobs of cleaning the toilet and bathtub and vacuuming and such- and my hands are starting to get very dry from the constant washing. My roomie really does not take initiative in cleaning so so far I'm the only one who cleans extensively.
I don't really mind it right now- I actually semi enjoy it because I like being in a clean environment (who doesn't) and just watching all the diry and grime being washed away makes me feel very satisfied. So when I'm bored, I clean- it's really sad. Yeah but hopefully the novelty won't fade or else I'm screwed. :P
So we watched Great Expectations again. I love the soundtrack but for some odd reason it doesn't pop up on my roomie's Limewire nor on my Itunes music store. -_- Lame. Or maybe it does and I just don't know the name of the song. Certain songs give me chills because they're so great. :P
I have a total of six essays to read this week. Whoohoo. Apparently our guest speaker for Intro to Design is supposed to be really profound and enlightening. LOL. We shall see about that eh.

A picture I took during the summer of our white bleeding hearts.
I love buying groceries.
I know most kids hate it and they complain that they have to go buy food which is annoying and cutting into their busy school schedules.
But you know what, not having Chinese food sucks like no other. And that's what motivates me to go out to Chinatown as much as I hate the amount of people who are there and getting in my way while they're browsing fake Louis Vuittons and Rolexs at the street vendors. I think living here in New York has made me really cherish Chinese food- I am ecstatic when I enter the Chinese grocery store and pick up soy sauce, frozen dumplings.. the other day I discovered this underground supermarket and I got half a pound of char siu.. omg. It was amazing. I plan to go back and get a pound of char siu and soy chicken.
I enjoy 'cooking' dinner. When I go home to cook rice, I love opening the box and taking in the wafting sweet fragrance of the rice- it's just delicious. I love that smell. Hauling that 25 pounds of rice was worth it. You don't understand how crazy Robyn and I went when we first got into that supermarket. Incredible. And the best thing about Chinese supermarkets is that everything is a lot cheaper than Caucasian places- it's incredible!
So for me the joy of eating has also transcended into the making of it- I really like the sound of eggs frying in the pan- that crackling sound as they cook. It's just so satisfying to hear.
And that's what I don't get. Kids back there simply go home during the weekend to pick up stuff that their parents make for them and take it back for the week- and they complain about going to the grocery stores and whatnot.
I like going to the supermarket and selecting what to buy and looking for good sales. It's fun.
So the moral to this story is that TORONTO PEOPLE STOP TAKING YOUR FOOD FOR GRANTED.
On that note, I've also had to do the dishes more and now have the jobs of cleaning the toilet and bathtub and vacuuming and such- and my hands are starting to get very dry from the constant washing. My roomie really does not take initiative in cleaning so so far I'm the only one who cleans extensively.
I don't really mind it right now- I actually semi enjoy it because I like being in a clean environment (who doesn't) and just watching all the diry and grime being washed away makes me feel very satisfied. So when I'm bored, I clean- it's really sad. Yeah but hopefully the novelty won't fade or else I'm screwed. :P
So we watched Great Expectations again. I love the soundtrack but for some odd reason it doesn't pop up on my roomie's Limewire nor on my Itunes music store. -_- Lame. Or maybe it does and I just don't know the name of the song. Certain songs give me chills because they're so great. :P
I have a total of six essays to read this week. Whoohoo. Apparently our guest speaker for Intro to Design is supposed to be really profound and enlightening. LOL. We shall see about that eh.

A picture I took during the summer of our white bleeding hearts.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home