rich kids and being talked down by adults
I remember why my parents didn't want me to go to Holy Trinity back when I was choosing a high school- they didn't want me to be influenced by all the rich kids. It was a good decision on their behalf to do so because I am now constantly surrounded by them and I guess it makes me feel less satisfied with myself as blessed as I am. It's that ugly feeling that I'm trying to push away. It really does suck.
I don't understand why I cannot get respect from certain adults- it's as if they've assumed me stupid and dumb already. My roomie and I are convinced that the superintendent and his wannabe Paris Hilton wife (she wears banana yellow velour suits and has a tiny dog, her hair is the colour of Malibu Barbie and her skin is orange) are racist and really dislike us- his wife in particular. She thinks we're dumb Asian girls- yet she's really nice to other adult tenants and even to Asian guys- well because they're male.
The other day I was in the elevator with the superintendent- someone who I've seen very little of since I moved back and the first thing he says accusingly is,
"You haven't been recycling have you- I haven't seen you two downstairs yet."
In my head I was deciding whether or not to glare at him as if to say "How dare you be so disrespectful and assuming" or to smile and correct him.
I chose to do the last since I know I have to deal with him for the rest of the year and being nice would shame him. I told him, "Haha we recycle all the time! You've just never seen us. In our room we have a box for papers, one for cans and another for plastic- and we only go down once a week." He said that was good and I told him to have a nice day.
Little does he know who he is talking to. Fashion and Sustainability/Environmentalism major! Come on, I am so anal about recycling. Before I left to Toronto, I bought a huge jug of eco friendly washer fluid for clothes and I recently got some eco friendly toilet cleaner.
From then on, I've bumped into him a number of times and held the elevator door for him and said hello. His wife, on the other hand, I've said hello but she either grudgingly responds out of politeness or just tries to ignore me.
I dislike adults- they often think they can talk down to teenagers because they're older and they think we're just plain immature and stupid. I remember in gr 11 I had just purchased this magazine at Loblaws across our school and I sat down at their little caf area to read it and this worker comes in and asks me if I bought it. Who does that?? If I was an adult she would not dare to approach me and speak to me like that.
Anyway I have to sleep now since my eye hurts because the superficial cells from my eyes are starting to shed. So goodnight!
I don't understand why I cannot get respect from certain adults- it's as if they've assumed me stupid and dumb already. My roomie and I are convinced that the superintendent and his wannabe Paris Hilton wife (she wears banana yellow velour suits and has a tiny dog, her hair is the colour of Malibu Barbie and her skin is orange) are racist and really dislike us- his wife in particular. She thinks we're dumb Asian girls- yet she's really nice to other adult tenants and even to Asian guys- well because they're male.
The other day I was in the elevator with the superintendent- someone who I've seen very little of since I moved back and the first thing he says accusingly is,
"You haven't been recycling have you- I haven't seen you two downstairs yet."
In my head I was deciding whether or not to glare at him as if to say "How dare you be so disrespectful and assuming" or to smile and correct him.
I chose to do the last since I know I have to deal with him for the rest of the year and being nice would shame him. I told him, "Haha we recycle all the time! You've just never seen us. In our room we have a box for papers, one for cans and another for plastic- and we only go down once a week." He said that was good and I told him to have a nice day.
Little does he know who he is talking to. Fashion and Sustainability/Environmentalism major! Come on, I am so anal about recycling. Before I left to Toronto, I bought a huge jug of eco friendly washer fluid for clothes and I recently got some eco friendly toilet cleaner.
From then on, I've bumped into him a number of times and held the elevator door for him and said hello. His wife, on the other hand, I've said hello but she either grudgingly responds out of politeness or just tries to ignore me.
I dislike adults- they often think they can talk down to teenagers because they're older and they think we're just plain immature and stupid. I remember in gr 11 I had just purchased this magazine at Loblaws across our school and I sat down at their little caf area to read it and this worker comes in and asks me if I bought it. Who does that?? If I was an adult she would not dare to approach me and speak to me like that.
Anyway I have to sleep now since my eye hurts because the superficial cells from my eyes are starting to shed. So goodnight!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home