Eatons
Today.. well now it's yesterday, consisted of dimsum with cousin and family, Eaton centre and dinner with AY friends.
Looking for something for Tania to wear is the hardest thing to do... yergh..... The bad and good thing about today's trip was that I didn't spend any money save a pair of pj pants that my mom will reimburse me for and the bad thing is was that I never got to look at anything for myself- not like I need anything but you know....
So I guess you could say it was successful though at the end of the day I was dizzy and feeling lightheaded from going in and out of stores and there were tons of people there today.. and on a Monday? I guess everyone was doign their back to school shopping- you know that time of the year when girls buy clothes hoping that they'd feel like they were starting afresh with a new school year coming. Perhaps new friends, new relationships, a boyfriend or two.
I also wanted to pop in to some of the hipster stores that are so incredibly popular with the teenagers like Abercrombie (I never even knew it opened here) and Hollister... except when I peered in, Hollister seemed like it was pitch black with only the clothes illuminated. Abercrombie on the other hand had loud music that you could hear from several stores away so... And they only hire people based on what they look like (Cali surfer cool) and don't have to serve you if they don't want to. What kind of service is this? Playing hard to get? My cousin pointed out that it was odd that a Cali-style surfer clothing store would create a dark nightclub atmosphere. How do those two things jive together? Their products are very laid back, 'fun in the sun' type of stuff but their mood is like a club scene.
Yeah... and I have this $25 Sephora gift cert that Maria gave me two years ago for Christmas and since I don't wear makeup, it's been sitting in my purse for a long time now... and I can't use it in the States since it's in Canadian dollars. -_-
The Japanese restaurant was okay.... it had the conveyor belt thing where the sushi rotates around a table and you could pick what you wanted to eat. It was a little pricey for me so I ended up getting katsu don (my mom said what a waste of time.. going all the way dt to get katsu don). It was a nice place though but Jimmy's is always better. Jimmy used to be a mechanic and then somehow got into making sushi. So he's really good with his hands. He made these impressive marble sushi and ones that resembled rabbits. I think that's the reason why I can't go to all you can eat Jap buffets because it is so much more than just consumption and filling the stomach. It's about the pleasure in creating and involving all the senses than just solely taste. Like many other things, it's an art. And because we see that he enjoys creating and experimenting with different ways of serving sushi, our whole family has been able to learn and appreciate what he does.
Too bad he's more of an HKer, 27 years old and not a Christian. ;)
Ok now I'm kind of concerned.. my roomie bought a rolling rack for more clothes and it's going into my side of the room but she says my side is bigger than hers.. I don't know if I can handle her this entire year. Allie warned me to make sure I dont' get stepped on because I'm not one who likes to confront, I just let it all sit within until it subsides. Sigh. Help me... Where is that line you draw from being miserly to being overly generous?
Looking for something for Tania to wear is the hardest thing to do... yergh..... The bad and good thing about today's trip was that I didn't spend any money save a pair of pj pants that my mom will reimburse me for and the bad thing is was that I never got to look at anything for myself- not like I need anything but you know....
So I guess you could say it was successful though at the end of the day I was dizzy and feeling lightheaded from going in and out of stores and there were tons of people there today.. and on a Monday? I guess everyone was doign their back to school shopping- you know that time of the year when girls buy clothes hoping that they'd feel like they were starting afresh with a new school year coming. Perhaps new friends, new relationships, a boyfriend or two.
I also wanted to pop in to some of the hipster stores that are so incredibly popular with the teenagers like Abercrombie (I never even knew it opened here) and Hollister... except when I peered in, Hollister seemed like it was pitch black with only the clothes illuminated. Abercrombie on the other hand had loud music that you could hear from several stores away so... And they only hire people based on what they look like (Cali surfer cool) and don't have to serve you if they don't want to. What kind of service is this? Playing hard to get? My cousin pointed out that it was odd that a Cali-style surfer clothing store would create a dark nightclub atmosphere. How do those two things jive together? Their products are very laid back, 'fun in the sun' type of stuff but their mood is like a club scene.
Yeah... and I have this $25 Sephora gift cert that Maria gave me two years ago for Christmas and since I don't wear makeup, it's been sitting in my purse for a long time now... and I can't use it in the States since it's in Canadian dollars. -_-
The Japanese restaurant was okay.... it had the conveyor belt thing where the sushi rotates around a table and you could pick what you wanted to eat. It was a little pricey for me so I ended up getting katsu don (my mom said what a waste of time.. going all the way dt to get katsu don). It was a nice place though but Jimmy's is always better. Jimmy used to be a mechanic and then somehow got into making sushi. So he's really good with his hands. He made these impressive marble sushi and ones that resembled rabbits. I think that's the reason why I can't go to all you can eat Jap buffets because it is so much more than just consumption and filling the stomach. It's about the pleasure in creating and involving all the senses than just solely taste. Like many other things, it's an art. And because we see that he enjoys creating and experimenting with different ways of serving sushi, our whole family has been able to learn and appreciate what he does.
Too bad he's more of an HKer, 27 years old and not a Christian. ;)
Ok now I'm kind of concerned.. my roomie bought a rolling rack for more clothes and it's going into my side of the room but she says my side is bigger than hers.. I don't know if I can handle her this entire year. Allie warned me to make sure I dont' get stepped on because I'm not one who likes to confront, I just let it all sit within until it subsides. Sigh. Help me... Where is that line you draw from being miserly to being overly generous?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home