Thursday, August 24, 2006

Steph's Birthday

Wow I am so close to finishing this plaid jumper dress and the pouffy blouse. I want to sew right now but it's 1:30am :(
I'm very much more aware of the construction of clothing now. I was at Hillcrest at my old favourite store, Costa Blanca, and I was standing in front of this grey plaid dress and noticing how the lines didn't match up from the bust and the rest of the dress. Yeah I was waiting for Tania so I just examined the rest of the dresses to see if they were all like that.
So Robyn is leaving tomorrow (well today) and I will be leaving in a week. Yikes. Today at our last family dinner she whispered to me, "I'm scared. It's starting to sink in." I told her she would be fine with a nice roomie and a great dorm.


So today was Steph's birthday.... Tania and I went to Hillcrest and basically wandered around half of the American Eagle store for a good 40 minutes trying to figure out what the heck to get her. Since I havent' seen her much I had no idea what to get her since she's changed her style to be more 'girly'. Yeah but the AE salespeople were nice but probably a bit puzzled as to why Tania and I were wandering around the store for such a long time. There was this one guy who followed us around, I think he was trying to strike up conversation and it was pretty funny because we kept moving when he came forward. We eventually settled on two sales items (sorry, we were on a budget): a burgundy henley shirt and a blue lace tank. And they ran out of boxes so they gave me this huge one- half my height. I made a disclaimer before giving it to her to avoid disappointment that it wasn't something grand like jeans or sweaters or smething.
Yeah so we got to her house and they bought a lot of booze. I sipped on half a cooler with 5% alcohol and I was feeling flush and lightheaded. Well I guess my tolerance is very low. Haha. Steph got pretty plastered and puked. Not the most memorable thing you want to remember for a 19th birthday...
Though I do not condone people for drinking, I think people ought to set some limits. People like to feel like they've lost control and feel that high and have people's attention on them when they're staggering around silly. I'm not one who likes the taste of alcohol but I'd drink something that'd mask it. But as Tania said, I'm relatively skinny and I drank half of it pretty fast so I became a little dizzy and stopped to avoid doing something stupid. I do find it silly when people drink just to assimilate or to show off their 'coolness' and take pictures to later show it off on facebook or whatnot. That I find stupid. Utterly pointless.
The worst part was that there were some RHCBCers at the party who got pretty drunk too. It was by no means a drinking party- only two people got pretty smashed out of the eight or so people. People were playing mah jong and eating and talking. But yeah, not the greatest testimony, guys. It confuses me when Christians do those things- I just really want to know what's going through their heads when they do things they shouldn't.


I also baked chocolate chip cookies (from scratch) today out of boredom. Before I went to sewing class, I set out a plate of five cookies and poured a glass of milk for my brother and left him a note, "Hi Chris, Here are some homebaked chocolate chip cookies for your snack! -Your Favourite Sister". I came back home from the party and found a sheet of cut out cookies on my laptop with a sticky note saying, "Hi Sam, Here are some chocolate chip cookies for your snack! (evil smile) -The Cookie Monster"
Hahah. My weird brother.
I gave three to my sewing teacher who absolutely loved them because they were crunchy and not the chewy, moist ones. Personally I like the latter but she really enjoyed mine since they weren't too sweet. :) She asked me why I didn't go into the culinary arts and how I started to bake. Yeah.. I told her I made a frickin good tiramisu and would make her one one day.. so maybe Ill make it sometime this week and divide it between church, her, and family. Hm...


It was nice today to see everyone though I did have my hesitations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home