Fashion and Dating
Blog:
an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page; also called Weblog, Web log
Example:
Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.
I confess. I have an addiction to blogging.
Yeah that wasn't the most insightful point but whatever.
I'm considering channeling my thoughts elsewhere.
Where?
I'm a regular visitor of craigslist.com's job section and I always click first on 'art/design' (which always sucks in toronto) and then 'retail/food service' and then 'writing'. I remember several months ago I saw an ad asking for college students to contribute to the 'Campus College' magazine (which I have never personally read but I guess it's distributed at all unis within Ontario or something) within the topics of music, sports, movies and of course fashion. Dun dun dun.... they also asked for photographers but I thought the assignments were extremely lame and dumb. Get this. They wanted some people to photograph pictures of 'faces and places' for their annual Top Ten list. They're completely retarded:
Abs
Hottest faces
Haircuts
Cars (you must be in the picture)
Tan line
Hottest girlfriends/boyfriends (you both must be in the picture)
Celebrity look-alikes (tell us who you look like)
Pets (owner must be in the picture)
Nicest Butt (clothed please)
This is what they wanted fashion writers to write about:
Smelly celebs (celebrity colognes, perfumes, fragrances)
New celebrity clothing lines
Websites offering clothing (all colleges, unique product)
Essentials for certain situation (i.e. pool party, first date, beach, clubbing)
Do and Donts
Street style (independent style for person)
I really don't care for perfumes and actresses who decide one day that they want a fragrance nor am I interested in the whims of wannabe actress/singer turn-fashion designer (they only use their name to sell their clothes. Think J.Lo or Jessica Simpson. They probably get people to design most of their stuff anyway and just wear it to save money on advertising). I don't mind doing websites- I can find a ton of sites with unique products though may be pricey. haha... Essentials for clubbing? er. Not interested. I particularly hate the 'Dos and Donts' in magazines because they're extremely lame- who are you to tell me what's in and what's out? Street style would be interesting to do only if I lived downtown. Of course if I do anything of this sort my writing style would have to change to become more formal and more gramatically correct.
Anyway I read this from Susie Bubble's blog about fashion and dating and guys. It's really funny and true.
I am only too aware that some guys are put off by girls who take fashion very seriously and before you cry out in protest, I can even in fact see their point of view. Logistically, these guys might perceive the following:
1) You are clearly obsessed with shopping and lead a vapid life running up hugh credit card bills. If you were to be their girlfriend, could you be inflicting your spending habits on to them as well??
2) Fashionistas are haughty creatures, and guys could be thinking they are too-cool-for school let alone them, and all this added to guys' own insecurities, looking too good can be seen as somewhat threatening and frightening.
3) They just don't understand fashion itself. Dressing outlandishly and creatively may score points with fellow female fashion luvvies but with the majority of guys, the length of skirt, the bustline of a top and the tautness of clothing are all they need to know.
I'm aware few of us conform to these perceptions but we can't ignore the fact they exist either. Perhaps, I could attract all sorts of dates with a tighter/more easy on the eye ensemble or conservative style consistency but I would be betraying my self and my style.
an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page; also called Weblog, Web log
Example:
Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.
I confess. I have an addiction to blogging.
Yeah that wasn't the most insightful point but whatever.
I'm considering channeling my thoughts elsewhere.
Where?
I'm a regular visitor of craigslist.com's job section and I always click first on 'art/design' (which always sucks in toronto) and then 'retail/food service' and then 'writing'. I remember several months ago I saw an ad asking for college students to contribute to the 'Campus College' magazine (which I have never personally read but I guess it's distributed at all unis within Ontario or something) within the topics of music, sports, movies and of course fashion. Dun dun dun.... they also asked for photographers but I thought the assignments were extremely lame and dumb. Get this. They wanted some people to photograph pictures of 'faces and places' for their annual Top Ten list. They're completely retarded:
Abs
Hottest faces
Haircuts
Cars (you must be in the picture)
Tan line
Hottest girlfriends/boyfriends (you both must be in the picture)
Celebrity look-alikes (tell us who you look like)
Pets (owner must be in the picture)
Nicest Butt (clothed please)
This is what they wanted fashion writers to write about:
Smelly celebs (celebrity colognes, perfumes, fragrances)
New celebrity clothing lines
Websites offering clothing (all colleges, unique product)
Essentials for certain situation (i.e. pool party, first date, beach, clubbing)
Do and Donts
Street style (independent style for person)
I really don't care for perfumes and actresses who decide one day that they want a fragrance nor am I interested in the whims of wannabe actress/singer turn-fashion designer (they only use their name to sell their clothes. Think J.Lo or Jessica Simpson. They probably get people to design most of their stuff anyway and just wear it to save money on advertising). I don't mind doing websites- I can find a ton of sites with unique products though may be pricey. haha... Essentials for clubbing? er. Not interested. I particularly hate the 'Dos and Donts' in magazines because they're extremely lame- who are you to tell me what's in and what's out? Street style would be interesting to do only if I lived downtown. Of course if I do anything of this sort my writing style would have to change to become more formal and more gramatically correct.
Anyway I read this from Susie Bubble's blog about fashion and dating and guys. It's really funny and true.
I am only too aware that some guys are put off by girls who take fashion very seriously and before you cry out in protest, I can even in fact see their point of view. Logistically, these guys might perceive the following:
1) You are clearly obsessed with shopping and lead a vapid life running up hugh credit card bills. If you were to be their girlfriend, could you be inflicting your spending habits on to them as well??
2) Fashionistas are haughty creatures, and guys could be thinking they are too-cool-for school let alone them, and all this added to guys' own insecurities, looking too good can be seen as somewhat threatening and frightening.
3) They just don't understand fashion itself. Dressing outlandishly and creatively may score points with fellow female fashion luvvies but with the majority of guys, the length of skirt, the bustline of a top and the tautness of clothing are all they need to know.
I'm aware few of us conform to these perceptions but we can't ignore the fact they exist either. Perhaps, I could attract all sorts of dates with a tighter/more easy on the eye ensemble or conservative style consistency but I would be betraying my self and my style.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home