Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lips That Need No Introduction

Everyone in this town

is seeing somebody else

Everybody's tired of someone

our eyes wander for help

Prayers that need no answer now

I'm tired of who I am

You were my greatest mistake

I fell in love with your sin

Your littlest sin

The Feel Good Drag, Anberlin

Er I don't know if this is a popular band.. I was surfing the internet and got into this girl's My Space page and the song was playing... I guess it isn't since tania had issues dling it for me. Listen to it at her blog. It automatically starts: http://www.myspace.com/cointreaurock I am addicted to it. I love the repeat chorus at the end with just the drums and the singer and to add adrenaline, the rest of the acoustics are added in. I honestly have not heard a good song in a long time.

So today was very uneventful since I woke up at 11am... I basically sat at the comp for a super long time- so bored that I even read NBA articles and read up on botched tattoo articles. I read the newspaper while making doll noodles (gung-zhai-meen) and cut up articles on garment outsourcing to China and how to display things to make people buy your products (for future reference) and this article on how little kids get philosophical at a really young age ("Daddy how did Jesus die?" asked his daughter and then his son chimed in "Jesus died from eating too much ice cream" hahaha...) And then my mom came back finally to rescue me from boredom and I ended up decorating more of those mascarpone cheese chocolate tarts for a couple's tenth anniversary. I also gorged on a huge Chinese almond cookie, a croissant and a mouthful of the mascarpone cheese. LOL. After dinner I decided to work up the guts to find a job at the mall so my parents and I drove to Vaughan Mills (because I don't want to be seen at Markville mall by people I know) and the first store I went to was H&M and they made me wait for a good 15 minutes because the hiring guy was doing cashier. It's insane in there even when it's near closing time. I had to fill out this short form about working times and why I wanted to work there. He then asked me why I wanted to work there and I was so nervous I said "because I love working there- I mean shopping there" The guy just laughed at me (my mom later pointed out I was wearing nothing from H&M. To make it even better I wore this ratty white shirt that's both torn in the sleeve and a little stained from overuse. It's my first time wearing it since... oh.... grade 8? HAHAHA. It's been lying on the floor for the past year. That's why I don't throw clothes out.. I know I'll wear it again in the future). Anyway I am scheduled for an interview on July 5 at 12pm. I hope it's more of a conversational interview than an interrogation. I have reasons for wanting to work there- I really do love that store. I would never sign up at a store that I hated- that's why I only handed out two resumes today as opposed to my friend who handed out 80. I cannot imagine sitting there lying my butt off saying how much I like their stuff if I really didn't. If have to work retail, I need to work at a place that I usually shop at and love and love the space and surroundings. I hate the Guess atmosphere and overpriced clothes and I hate Le Chateau's ugly white lighting with concrete walls. H&M is always changing, with nice bright lighting and hardwood floors. I just want some extra cash to spend on more clothes. LOL. just kidding- kind of.

I want to make money as well as fill up some of my summer with something more productive. The prime reason is so that I can slowly climb up the ladder- I'd like to end up some luxury store doing visuals but we'll see. Start small and I'll get there. I just need some retail experience in my resume. Pure resume.

Omg I just heard Paris Hilton's new teenybopper song 'Stars are Blind'. It's totally synthesized and smoothed out by the wonders of technology. If you want to know what Malibu Barbie sounds like in real life, this is it. I really dislike her. She is the prime example of a kid who goes far in life just with her dad's money and tabloids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home