Sunday, March 19, 2006

Unconditional Love

(blogging a lot today. :P)
There are those times when you really see how much your parents love you. And I saw that when they drove down here to visit me in New York. No, wasn't just the trip itself. It was because I had to buy wood for my project and I didn't know what kind to get (I thought I had to get basswood when it was actually plywood.. my mistake) and they went to this lumber yard across their hotel in New Jersey and purchased a 4 by 8 foot piece of birch plywood (0.5 inch thick) and paid $40 plus another $15 to get it cut into the measurements I wanted. And then they drove into New York (another $6 toll) and gave it to me... the extra wood was too long so we got it cut at this dumb lumber place down the street which charged us $10 to slice two pieces of wood -_- that took less than one min.. what a rip off. And my parents even got me veneer lining to line the edges of my wood so you can't see the wood chips on the side when I'm finished. I then found out I couldn't get table top hinges at just any hardware store because it's a specialty so they went the next day before taking their UN Tour and it cost $70 for four. Yikes. This is one pricey project. But I'm so grateful and I feel so bad for making them spend so much time on my homework. :S


I should start on homework... Maybe I'll do some more editing on photoshop which I still don't know how to use.

Aw.. tania wrote this in her blog about me,
Long ago, when I was in Grade 10, I was in the stage where I wanted to be the 'rebel' that teenagers always want to be. But something Sam told me then really put things into perspective: it's harder to be good than it is to be bad. When she said that, I didn't take her all that seriously. But I think deep down, I knew that she was smarter than I was. She had set a higher standard for herself, and what I was doing was settling for less. Slowly, since high school, I have surrounded myself with right people to influence me to do the right thing. It's been a challenge here so far, but I just have to be the example and show them that it's harder to be good, but in the end, doing what's right beats screwing yourself or other people over any day.

That was not the most profound quote I ever gave someone but whatever. :P but it's harder to climb up than it is to fall down.


"Why is it that gay men are the one who dictates what women should wear?"
Hhaha.. I once heard that from somewhere and I thought that was pretty darn funny. Lol. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.


Oh God let us be, a generation that seeks, that seeks your face O God of Jacob


It was nice to come back to RHCBC today. I like the worship at RHCBC better because I know the songs and they're not so loud as the ones at the Journey Church. I find the one worship at RHCBC more intimate whereas the other is more concert.. but perhaps that is because I know people here and not in NY. Aaron asked me if I had settled into my church and I gave a flatout 'no'. lol. Oh dear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home