Spring break.. yeah right.
Hm.. for Soph's birthday gift, we were supposed to take her to a spa/salon for her to get her makeup done and I'd photograph her somewhere but now I have no idea what's happening. Well it gives me a good reason to look and sift through magazines now and to find what kind of atmosphere, lighting, clothing, drama I want to convey. Gotta remind myself the main objective is to make her look pretty. This is fun.
When I have a place of my very own, I want to establish a design library full of books on fashion, architecture, accessories, interior design, art history texts, paper, illustrations, graphics, landscape and random things so when the river runs dry, I can turn to these books for inspiration. Yes. That's what I'll do starting now.
Yesterday the watch seller man at Market village sold me four genuine italian leather watch straps for $6 each and he doesn't profit from this because he found out I was using them for my picnic project. So sweet.
I got my Yuzen chigoyami paper today... they are absolutely beautiful. I had to do a ton of research. They're imported from Japan to this 10000 sq ft warehouse which i didn't have a chance to go to because it's downtown... I went to one of their resellers.. just so happens my mom taught one of the salesladie's sons at church... lol.. no discount though. Anyway, when I first saw the paper, it felt like revealing a piece of art- a piece of a kimono. I am learning so much about japanese paper it's kind of sad how obsessed I have become with traditional Japanese culture. These sheets of paper are very unlike western wrapping paper.. they're made out of special fibres- resemble tissue which is very tough. The designs I chose are pink depicting a patterned scene of cherry blossoms and water) with gold outline to everything. There were some sharper and deeper colours such as this dark blue with silver blue lines flowing through and it was so- beautiful. It reminded me of water flowing under the bridge: catching the sparkles of the sun and the shadows of the cool wood. I decided with the pink because it matched the season of picnic outings. There was also a flamboyant red and black one with white cranes and gold but i think it'd be an eyesore after a while sitting at my table.
I don't know about any teenager out there.. but I can bet i am one of the most knowledgeable 18 year old girl when it comes to hinges.... ugh.... I have researched so many hinges and watched things with hinges work in my house.. if you think they're easy to put on... think again. They're not. I am having so much trouble getting a 270 degree angle because I don't want that little gap.. not that it makes sense in my blog but if you observe cabinets, the space between the door and the left side of the frame (the pivot point) is the part I'd like not to have.. impossible. gonna go to Lee's Valley to ask them how to make this. I am such a handywoman now. lol.
I went to Value Village today. One of my favourite stores. Not that I have ever purchased clothing there for myself (YET) but it is the possibility of finding something for real cheap. I bought two belts (I found two the same!) for my picnic basket to keep the plates in so they are suspended onto one side of the picnic basket in which the belts create an 'X'.. they even match the watch straps I got.. I know this makes no sense here but I'll photograph the piece after I am finished providing it looks nice. $2.3 for two leather belts: men's, that is.
Omg... I have so much crap to bring back home with me.. my dad bought me a Dremel set and now he's getting me a stand so I can create grooves and slots.... no rooooom.. dremels are amazing: they can cut, saw, polish, sand, create grooves, slots, decorative elements... insane. It's like every tool machine all in one little thing. Amazing.
When I have a place of my very own, I want to establish a design library full of books on fashion, architecture, accessories, interior design, art history texts, paper, illustrations, graphics, landscape and random things so when the river runs dry, I can turn to these books for inspiration. Yes. That's what I'll do starting now.
Yesterday the watch seller man at Market village sold me four genuine italian leather watch straps for $6 each and he doesn't profit from this because he found out I was using them for my picnic project. So sweet.
I got my Yuzen chigoyami paper today... they are absolutely beautiful. I had to do a ton of research. They're imported from Japan to this 10000 sq ft warehouse which i didn't have a chance to go to because it's downtown... I went to one of their resellers.. just so happens my mom taught one of the salesladie's sons at church... lol.. no discount though. Anyway, when I first saw the paper, it felt like revealing a piece of art- a piece of a kimono. I am learning so much about japanese paper it's kind of sad how obsessed I have become with traditional Japanese culture. These sheets of paper are very unlike western wrapping paper.. they're made out of special fibres- resemble tissue which is very tough. The designs I chose are pink depicting a patterned scene of cherry blossoms and water) with gold outline to everything. There were some sharper and deeper colours such as this dark blue with silver blue lines flowing through and it was so- beautiful. It reminded me of water flowing under the bridge: catching the sparkles of the sun and the shadows of the cool wood. I decided with the pink because it matched the season of picnic outings. There was also a flamboyant red and black one with white cranes and gold but i think it'd be an eyesore after a while sitting at my table.
I don't know about any teenager out there.. but I can bet i am one of the most knowledgeable 18 year old girl when it comes to hinges.... ugh.... I have researched so many hinges and watched things with hinges work in my house.. if you think they're easy to put on... think again. They're not. I am having so much trouble getting a 270 degree angle because I don't want that little gap.. not that it makes sense in my blog but if you observe cabinets, the space between the door and the left side of the frame (the pivot point) is the part I'd like not to have.. impossible. gonna go to Lee's Valley to ask them how to make this. I am such a handywoman now. lol.
I went to Value Village today. One of my favourite stores. Not that I have ever purchased clothing there for myself (YET) but it is the possibility of finding something for real cheap. I bought two belts (I found two the same!) for my picnic basket to keep the plates in so they are suspended onto one side of the picnic basket in which the belts create an 'X'.. they even match the watch straps I got.. I know this makes no sense here but I'll photograph the piece after I am finished providing it looks nice. $2.3 for two leather belts: men's, that is.
Omg... I have so much crap to bring back home with me.. my dad bought me a Dremel set and now he's getting me a stand so I can create grooves and slots.... no rooooom.. dremels are amazing: they can cut, saw, polish, sand, create grooves, slots, decorative elements... insane. It's like every tool machine all in one little thing. Amazing.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home