Wednesday, July 14, 2004

The pointless, random and extremely ditzy comment of today from a person who wants to take a break from 'deep, philosophical questions and insight':
Why is it so hard to find a skirt that's not too short and not too long. Seriously, I went to Winners today. Correction: two Winners today (I drove to both of them and we survived: me, my cousin and my mother. Wait. I nearly crashed into a car on Yonge cuz I was so busy changing lanes etc that my mom started to scream for me to brake). Yeah so all I wanted was a skirt that flared out (I despise those butt and hip hugging kinds and how do you move in those?) that came above the kneee but nothing like a mini. And they're non existent. Seriously. I tried on at least 15 skirts. All of them are too freaking short. okay fine, perhaps to the typical teenage girl, it's not short at all. It's just fine. I saw several girls wearing those little skirts that just skim the behind. I guess it does look nice on some people (especially if you have slim, long legs) and there were a few that I really liked... but iono.. it's kinda like... would it be something I'd be comfortable wearing.. or would it be something that I'd want to wear as a Christian... I don't know.. I was very tempted to buy a pair of pink shorts (kitty might like them.lol) or a pleated white and butterscotch striped skirt... but I decided to use that money on something else... ;). Something not for myself though.
Anyway, something just triggered my memory of when I was young, I used to think I'd be so pretty and transform from an 'ugly duckling' to some beautiful swan. Lol. Guess I'm kinda disappointed. Must've been because I saw a Seventeen magazine? And I used to think "Oh I can't read those cuz those are for those cool teenage girls who are already 17 (I dislike the magazine now. It's so juvenile and immature). I used to think all those magazines were for the teenage girls from 15 and up. I think I saw it as something sacred and untouchable till a certain age. Lol. Yeah, well whatever... then I shouldn't expect too much in the coming years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home