My mom was telling me a story when we were at my uncle's house spreading soil around the garden. She met this little girl who was in Grade 5. Her parents are divorced. Her father is French and her mom is Chinese hence her gorgeous looks (freak, I wanna be mixed). well she's very shy and sensitive, I guess from the breakup and stuff. She was wearing a matching outfit of green with matching coloured shoes. My mom noticed her and came up to her and said, "I like your outfit! It looks very nice on you,". She looked embarrassed and said, "It's from Walmart." According to my mom, she was ashamed that her clothes weren't from the Gap or Jacob Jr. Seeing her shame my mom said, "Oh I didn't know Walmart sold those kind of clothes. They look very nice. Even my daughter buys clothes from Walmart." The little girl looked up and asked,"Your daughter? How old is she?" My mom replied, "Seventeen. She's in Grade 11." Hearing that, the girl looked a little more assured and comfortable about the clothes she was wearing.
Lol. After my mom said I bought clothes from Walmart I quickly reminded her that I PERSONALLY do not purchase clothes from Walmart (well I did last year cuz I was feeling totally cheap and I sometimes don't like going to the mall cuz I feel as if I have to dress better. It's a psychological thing whereas Walmart I can go as a slob and no one would care.). It's my mom who buys me random clothes from Walmart. Like the other day, she bought me this two in one orange shirt. Lol. And the other day camisoles in dark blue, yellow and white. Lol. But I wear them cuz no one can tell the difference between a white $30 Jacob camisole from a $7.99 Walmart camisole. Lol. I don't know, after hearing that story, it felt kinda good in a very non direct way that it cheered someone up because I wore cheap clothing. LOL. That sounds so funny. Lol. A role model I guess? Not really.. just an example I guess. Sigh, I want to go to Winners now. I really wanted to go today but it would've closed by the time I got there. I love Winners! the stuff is relatively cheap and they have the best home stuff! And I love looking at their random notebooks and journals and interior decorations. Lol. WINNERS! I wanna go tomorrow. Lol. I know, I'm a psycho. ;)
Lol. After my mom said I bought clothes from Walmart I quickly reminded her that I PERSONALLY do not purchase clothes from Walmart (well I did last year cuz I was feeling totally cheap and I sometimes don't like going to the mall cuz I feel as if I have to dress better. It's a psychological thing whereas Walmart I can go as a slob and no one would care.). It's my mom who buys me random clothes from Walmart. Like the other day, she bought me this two in one orange shirt. Lol. And the other day camisoles in dark blue, yellow and white. Lol. But I wear them cuz no one can tell the difference between a white $30 Jacob camisole from a $7.99 Walmart camisole. Lol. I don't know, after hearing that story, it felt kinda good in a very non direct way that it cheered someone up because I wore cheap clothing. LOL. That sounds so funny. Lol. A role model I guess? Not really.. just an example I guess. Sigh, I want to go to Winners now. I really wanted to go today but it would've closed by the time I got there. I love Winners! the stuff is relatively cheap and they have the best home stuff! And I love looking at their random notebooks and journals and interior decorations. Lol. WINNERS! I wanna go tomorrow. Lol. I know, I'm a psycho. ;)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home