To my Sisters in Christ,
I just felt like writing this to all those who have crossed my path in life so far. Those who have touched my life throughout our time in Unionville High School together. Some of you, well the most of you, I've only had the privilege of knowing you for one or two years. And for a couple of you, three years going onto four.
High school is quickly going isn't it? Soon we'll find ourselves with packed bags in the small, cramped (not to mention ugly) quarters of our dorm room: stranger to all but ourselves. We'll have to adjust to campus life, odd schedules; not to mention cooking and cleaning on our own (oh the joys of killing spiders in the dingy bathrooms ;)). This is the time where self motivation and reliance comes into play, where we truly mature into 'adults' (shudder) and make lifelong friends unlike the ones we have now. The sad reality of things is that we probably will not keep in touch (or very little) and begin to build other friendships in the university of our dreams (I know all of you will get into a university you want). So here's my words of advice and the wishes I have for you(okay. not my own, but ones that I've read cuz I'm not smart enough to make my own 'words of wisdom'. :P). As 'motherly' as it may sound like, but this is from me to you, spoken as a friend. Perhaps you'll just forget this after you read/heard from sermons (or skim/glance) this but you never know what you may pick up. As you know because of my faith, I've included some 'Christiany' references and such but it's also just words of advice which not need to be solely used in a Christian lifestyle but also in a pagan/secular one as well.
I hope you choose the right university and the career 'of your dreams'
-Your path is already laid out for you. God is waiting to unreveal it to you. He is eager for you to follow His way so that He can give you the best and form you into who He wants you to be.
Proverbs 4:
"11 I guide you in the way of wisdom
and lead you along straight paths.
12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
when you run, you will not stumble."
Acts 2:
"27because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
28You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence"
-If you get rejected by a university, chill (I know, easy to say cuz if I don't get into Ryerson.. yergh!). Perhaps God did not intend for you to go to that university.
Romans 12:
"1So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life--your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life--and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him."
I hope you build up lifelong friendships that will withstand through turmoils, tribulations and trials.
-Don't despair that our high school friendships are fading. You'll make even better lasting relationships in university. Those are the friends who you grow old with.
-If you still in the future, have several friends from high school, you are the luckiest person in the world (okay, it's not luck but whatever)
-Remember God is your first and foremost friend. Build a strong relationship with Him now so that you will not feel lonely when you start adjusting to university life. You will need to keep your relationship strong in Him so that you will not dwindle because you can easily stray from Him.
-Be there for your friends, no matter what stage they are in in life.
Romans 12:
"15Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down."
-If you end up dating in university, remember your friends need to spend time with you just as much you spend time with your boyfriend. Do not lose friends over a boyfriend.
-For those people you have trouble loving, those who are not good to you, who always make you second priority, who hurt you, or those who you consider enemies, try to find the good aspects in them. Be kind to them so you let Christ shine through you. I mean, loving friends is easy. Loving enemies is harder. Don't settle for anything less. You never know, you may earn a friend from someone you disliked.
Romans 12
9Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. 10Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
17Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone.
-Be a friend to everyone. Even those people who seem small and unimportant.
Romans 12:
16Get along with each other; don't be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don't be the great somebody."
I hope you choose a boyfriend/husband who meets your standards, treats you like a princess and loves you for who you are. No less, no more.
-Before you get a boyfriend, love yourself for who you are. I can't stress that enough. If you think a boyfriend can fill the void you feel inside of you, he can't. It will just amount to more pressure on him to fulfill your pining for a relationship. You must love yourself before loving others.
-Are you ready? Are you spiritually, mentally, physically mature enough to start a relationship?
-Set your standards. Your potential guy... can he cook? Would he be a good father? Christian? God fearing? Loving? Respectful to you and others? Gets along with your friends? Do not lower your standards. EVER. No matter how cute the guy is.
-Find 'The One' as if you're getting married.. that's why you date right? To get married? If not... then why risk getting your heartbroken?
-Personally, I don't think dating several guys to find 'the right one' or what you prefer, really helps.. I mean how would you know if you found 'him'? No one is perfect. Bachelor #1 may make you laugh but Bachelor #2 can cook the yummiest gourmet dishes. Everyone has their own strengths and shortcomings. You'll keep swapping boyfriends, discovering each of them has his own faults.
-Save sex for marriage. As conservative and 'so last generation' that may sound like, it really is better. If your guy loves you, he'll respect you for your decision. Hey, he should treat you like a princess. On your wedding day, you wanna turn to your husband to be and say "I waited for you. I saved myself just for you.". I kinda view it as a present. It can only be given once. If you give it to someone you broke up with and you later on married some other dude, would you wanna give him an unwrapped present? No, you wanna give him your all.
Obviously no one intends to have premarital sex whilst on a date. So set your standards beforehand with your boyfriend to avoid those kind of sticky situations. A kiss can lead to other things and eventually things that you may not have wanted to happen.
-Pray for your future spouse.
I hope you live a happy, fulfilling, promising and purpose driven life with no regrets.
-Happiness is not found in a lottery ticket. You are 1600 times more likely to get killed in a car accident than winning the first prize lottery. It is not found in cars, money, clothes.
-Be content with what you already have and not what you don't have. We all want more but are we ever satisfied? Do you live in a house? Do you have a family? Do you have more than one set of clothes? A means of transportation? I suppose you all do, then did you know you are blessed to be categorized in the 5% of the world's wealthiest people?
Suggestion: When you find yourself complaining, start counting your blessings and the things you already have.
-Don't sweat the small stuff. Because most things are.
Did you know the things an average person worries are usually non existent? 40% of them are. Only 8% are real worries. Btw, I am not pulling these out of my head, these are real statistics that I heard from our sermon today called 'The Secrets to a Happy Life: Part one'.
Matthew 6: The famous 'worry' chapter. Read it. It's really good. (MSG)
"27"Has anyone by fussing in front of the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? 28All this time and money wasted on fashion--do you think it makes that much difference? Instead of looking at the fashions, walk out into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They never primp or shop, 29but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best--dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them.
30"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers--most of which are never even seen--don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? 31What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. 32People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. 33Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."
Suggestion: stop your mental snowball from getting too big.
Philippians 4:
11..for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little.12 I know how til live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need."
Haha. That might seem like a ton of stuff but that's okay. I just want you guys to live a life that is purposeful and happy. Love with all your heart, to the core of your being. Do not compromise your beliefs for others. Do not sacrifice everything for someone. Surround yourself with people who will only lift you higher. Love yourself for who you are. If there is something you do not like about yourself, try to change it, improve upon it. Radiate these things: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. If you profess that the Holy Spirit lives within you, and if it truly does, the 'Fruits of the Spirit' should be the by-products. Remember, stay true to yourself and love love love.
Sincerely from your Sis in Christ,
Sam (sexy sam Spaghetti and Meatballs or whatever you choose to call me now. -_-)
I just felt like writing this to all those who have crossed my path in life so far. Those who have touched my life throughout our time in Unionville High School together. Some of you, well the most of you, I've only had the privilege of knowing you for one or two years. And for a couple of you, three years going onto four.
High school is quickly going isn't it? Soon we'll find ourselves with packed bags in the small, cramped (not to mention ugly) quarters of our dorm room: stranger to all but ourselves. We'll have to adjust to campus life, odd schedules; not to mention cooking and cleaning on our own (oh the joys of killing spiders in the dingy bathrooms ;)). This is the time where self motivation and reliance comes into play, where we truly mature into 'adults' (shudder) and make lifelong friends unlike the ones we have now. The sad reality of things is that we probably will not keep in touch (or very little) and begin to build other friendships in the university of our dreams (I know all of you will get into a university you want). So here's my words of advice and the wishes I have for you(okay. not my own, but ones that I've read cuz I'm not smart enough to make my own 'words of wisdom'. :P). As 'motherly' as it may sound like, but this is from me to you, spoken as a friend. Perhaps you'll just forget this after you read/heard from sermons (or skim/glance) this but you never know what you may pick up. As you know because of my faith, I've included some 'Christiany' references and such but it's also just words of advice which not need to be solely used in a Christian lifestyle but also in a pagan/secular one as well.
I hope you choose the right university and the career 'of your dreams'
-Your path is already laid out for you. God is waiting to unreveal it to you. He is eager for you to follow His way so that He can give you the best and form you into who He wants you to be.
Proverbs 4:
"11 I guide you in the way of wisdom
and lead you along straight paths.
12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
when you run, you will not stumble."
Acts 2:
"27because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
28You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence"
-If you get rejected by a university, chill (I know, easy to say cuz if I don't get into Ryerson.. yergh!). Perhaps God did not intend for you to go to that university.
Romans 12:
"1So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life--your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life--and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him."
I hope you build up lifelong friendships that will withstand through turmoils, tribulations and trials.
-Don't despair that our high school friendships are fading. You'll make even better lasting relationships in university. Those are the friends who you grow old with.
-If you still in the future, have several friends from high school, you are the luckiest person in the world (okay, it's not luck but whatever)
-Remember God is your first and foremost friend. Build a strong relationship with Him now so that you will not feel lonely when you start adjusting to university life. You will need to keep your relationship strong in Him so that you will not dwindle because you can easily stray from Him.
-Be there for your friends, no matter what stage they are in in life.
Romans 12:
"15Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down."
-If you end up dating in university, remember your friends need to spend time with you just as much you spend time with your boyfriend. Do not lose friends over a boyfriend.
-For those people you have trouble loving, those who are not good to you, who always make you second priority, who hurt you, or those who you consider enemies, try to find the good aspects in them. Be kind to them so you let Christ shine through you. I mean, loving friends is easy. Loving enemies is harder. Don't settle for anything less. You never know, you may earn a friend from someone you disliked.
Romans 12
9Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. 10Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
17Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone.
-Be a friend to everyone. Even those people who seem small and unimportant.
Romans 12:
16Get along with each other; don't be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don't be the great somebody."
I hope you choose a boyfriend/husband who meets your standards, treats you like a princess and loves you for who you are. No less, no more.
-Before you get a boyfriend, love yourself for who you are. I can't stress that enough. If you think a boyfriend can fill the void you feel inside of you, he can't. It will just amount to more pressure on him to fulfill your pining for a relationship. You must love yourself before loving others.
-Are you ready? Are you spiritually, mentally, physically mature enough to start a relationship?
-Set your standards. Your potential guy... can he cook? Would he be a good father? Christian? God fearing? Loving? Respectful to you and others? Gets along with your friends? Do not lower your standards. EVER. No matter how cute the guy is.
-Find 'The One' as if you're getting married.. that's why you date right? To get married? If not... then why risk getting your heartbroken?
-Personally, I don't think dating several guys to find 'the right one' or what you prefer, really helps.. I mean how would you know if you found 'him'? No one is perfect. Bachelor #1 may make you laugh but Bachelor #2 can cook the yummiest gourmet dishes. Everyone has their own strengths and shortcomings. You'll keep swapping boyfriends, discovering each of them has his own faults.
-Save sex for marriage. As conservative and 'so last generation' that may sound like, it really is better. If your guy loves you, he'll respect you for your decision. Hey, he should treat you like a princess. On your wedding day, you wanna turn to your husband to be and say "I waited for you. I saved myself just for you.". I kinda view it as a present. It can only be given once. If you give it to someone you broke up with and you later on married some other dude, would you wanna give him an unwrapped present? No, you wanna give him your all.
Obviously no one intends to have premarital sex whilst on a date. So set your standards beforehand with your boyfriend to avoid those kind of sticky situations. A kiss can lead to other things and eventually things that you may not have wanted to happen.
-Pray for your future spouse.
I hope you live a happy, fulfilling, promising and purpose driven life with no regrets.
-Happiness is not found in a lottery ticket. You are 1600 times more likely to get killed in a car accident than winning the first prize lottery. It is not found in cars, money, clothes.
-Be content with what you already have and not what you don't have. We all want more but are we ever satisfied? Do you live in a house? Do you have a family? Do you have more than one set of clothes? A means of transportation? I suppose you all do, then did you know you are blessed to be categorized in the 5% of the world's wealthiest people?
Suggestion: When you find yourself complaining, start counting your blessings and the things you already have.
-Don't sweat the small stuff. Because most things are.
Did you know the things an average person worries are usually non existent? 40% of them are. Only 8% are real worries. Btw, I am not pulling these out of my head, these are real statistics that I heard from our sermon today called 'The Secrets to a Happy Life: Part one'.
Matthew 6: The famous 'worry' chapter. Read it. It's really good. (MSG)
"27"Has anyone by fussing in front of the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? 28All this time and money wasted on fashion--do you think it makes that much difference? Instead of looking at the fashions, walk out into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They never primp or shop, 29but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best--dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them.
30"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers--most of which are never even seen--don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? 31What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. 32People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. 33Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."
Suggestion: stop your mental snowball from getting too big.
Philippians 4:
11..for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little.12 I know how til live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need."
Haha. That might seem like a ton of stuff but that's okay. I just want you guys to live a life that is purposeful and happy. Love with all your heart, to the core of your being. Do not compromise your beliefs for others. Do not sacrifice everything for someone. Surround yourself with people who will only lift you higher. Love yourself for who you are. If there is something you do not like about yourself, try to change it, improve upon it. Radiate these things: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. If you profess that the Holy Spirit lives within you, and if it truly does, the 'Fruits of the Spirit' should be the by-products. Remember, stay true to yourself and love love love.
Sincerely from your Sis in Christ,
Sam (sexy sam Spaghetti and Meatballs or whatever you choose to call me now. -_-)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home