Wednesday, July 07, 2004

A man was walking and he looked up to the sky and said, "God if you're really there show yourself to me,"
So God showed Himself in the form of a rainbow but the man did not see.
Then the man said, "God speak to me!"
A dark cloud rolled in and the thunder roared but the man did not hear.
In despair the man cried out, "God! Show me a miracle!"
And somewhere close by, a baby was born. But the man did not realize.
Then the man said, "God if you're there, touch me,"
God touched him but the man just brushed the butterfly off his cheek and sadly walked on.

* * *

Blech this life is so empty. Have you realized how empty this life is. Our world revolves around materialism and wanting more.
"I'd be happy if I had the new Acura TSX 2005" (or whatever it's called).
"My life would be perfect if I looked like a Carmen Kass or a Gisele,"
"My life would be complete if I had a boyfriend."
"I want the new clothes that are featured in the latest magazine. Oh, I want a subscription too. Not to mention the latest Mac Lipgloss."
"I want to update my hairstyle. I wanna get it washed,cut, dyed red, highlighted in bronze and permed into waves."

Okay okay, I am so guilty of at least two of those things I just mentioned. It is so difficult to be completely satisfied just with what you have and not anything more. Oh BibleGateway.com is my hero. I found a super good verse (the message version [MSG]):

Luke 12:14
Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" 15Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."


Why upgrade things when as soon as you purchase it, it becomes old and a new one comes out? I was listening to the radio today and there was this Bay commercial for summer furniture and it went like this at the end, "So it's out with the new and in with the latest." And I was thinking wow, this is how much our culture wants to be at the top with the trendiest of things. It's so pointless in getting a top new model car when it's gonna just depreciate in value. And the pale pink high shine lipgloss is done with as soon as the fire engine red matte lipstick comes into stores.
"we're going going gone."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home