Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The devil keeps telling me that my gift is useless, my passion is useless and what I love is frivolous. Yet as I think about it, one of the most powerful mediums, the largest and wealthiest industries is this one. Simultaneously it is also the one he has the strongest grip on. I can't help but say back to the devil, "so if my gift is useless and my passion frivolous, then why do you care so much to tell me that?"

I realized that if Satan defeats people spiritually through the physical, can we not, as Christians, fight back using the physical for the spiritual lives of people?
Imagine if all the Christians in the fashion industry got down on their knees and prayed for God's deliverance. How amazing would that be?

After the sermon on Sunday on spiritual warfare, the worship team leader (also my inner healing counselor) and I had lunch. She told me that within the Five Fold ministry (apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher) that I mostly embodied the traits of the Apostle with traces of Prophet due to my visions and aspirations (I'm thinking in my head 'no wayyyyy the Apostle has the gift to touch the other four roles!'). So I took the spiritual gift test yesterday with 'ellco' (mercy showing) and 'kubernesis' (administration) being my leading gifts. 'Ellco' gives the ability to sympathize and help people while 'kubernesis' is the power to lead and motivate people.
It's an odd mix though considering how soft-spoken I am. I rarely speak my mind because I'm sensitive to how people may react while I remain quite stubborn and strong willed in what I believe in.

God, could this really be it? Could it really be that I was born to be a leader, to be a person to motivate, inspire and change an industry? It sounds impossible.

As my pledge to our church building fund, I thought that I would donate my bonus for this past year which is basically one month's salary. The bonus itself means more than just a lump of money- it was something I was really looking forward to because I never received it the first year I was here nor did I get a raise. When I first received the bonus, I was thinking about that pair of Fendi sandals I wanted or perhaps a trip to Europe. Yet when the church asked for help, I hesitated to pledge a number. Yet I realized how quick I was to generously gift myself yet became stingy and hesitant when giving to God. Money is spiritual thus... God you get my bonus. No more Fendi sandals (unless God makes them go on sale? HAHAHA).

As my faith pledge, I promised God another month's salary if He would move the CEO to raise my monthly salary by $3k. While this is possible in the banking world, the standard is 3-5%. I am asking for a lot more which would probably fall under Market Salary Adjustment. This will also determine my future at this place. I will know by April.

Dum dum dum.. how exciting life is with God in the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home