A few things I realized the past couple weeks:
1. These people you find hindering, don't really matter. Therefore I should just do what I want without thinking of their influence on me. I kinda realized who my friends were- the ones who were willing to say "hey I see you're a little messed up, I want to help you."
2. Listened to the Sunday sermon online about being in the desert. God leads many of the great Bible characters into the desert for a reason- Moses, Joseph, Jesus all walked through a desert. Come to think of it, all Bible characters wandered through a something. Abraham was called to the promise land, David wandered with his band of brothers prior to kingship and all the apostles wandered from one place to the next with nothing on them. The desert precedes the promotion and forces us to realize our limitations. At SG, I asked for them to pray for me. One of the questions that came up was: did you put yourself in the desert or did God do it? I realized that it was God who put me in the desert but not to wallow in it which I have done. I'm literally sitting on the sand making angels with my limbs and wearing a pom pom wool hat on my head and shearling boots. I realized while walking home last night that if I wanted to get to the mountain of God, I'd have to get up and keep walking. For if God called me to walk in the desert, I would have to keep going or pay the price of sitting.
3. Macau was lovely. I felt like I was in America. We stayed at the Hard Rock and I caught up on all my American news on Fox tv. We sat front row at the show and got soaking wet. A couple of guys told each other I looked like Lady Gaga but in neutral tones- I was in earshot and whirled around to tell them I understood english but alas they were fiddling on their Iphones. Saw them later at the Grand Hyatt cafe and talked loudly in English. Was wearing a taupe chiffon top (yes it wasn't nude tones it was a brown hue) with six inch platform wedges.
4. I realized that in my pursuit to restore myself spiritually through my passions and talents, I cannot do things to prove myself to the people of my past. The trap that I in most danger of falling into is trying to find success in order to show my past that yes Sam can do this and can do this alone despite the lack of support from her Christian peers.
5. Having said that I am pleased to announce that...
I am going to Seoul Fashion Week next Thursday to cover emerging Korean designers for a report that will be featured on our site for two weeks in November as a part of a promotion I'm heading. I pitched the idea a few months ago and then pitched the idea of using SFW as a pivotal point of interest to capture a new consumer, the CEO liked it and now I'm going. I've set the direction for the products that we will be featuring and will style and shoot them for the spread.
I feel like God is telling me to screw what Christians think because it's quite obvious that this is the industry I'm supposed to be in because He placed me in there and has blessed me continuously in my first job. Whoohoo I have a long list of things to write under my first job in my resume.
As a friend said, "art is not meant to answer questions. it’s meant to demonstrate possibilities”
1. These people you find hindering, don't really matter. Therefore I should just do what I want without thinking of their influence on me. I kinda realized who my friends were- the ones who were willing to say "hey I see you're a little messed up, I want to help you."
2. Listened to the Sunday sermon online about being in the desert. God leads many of the great Bible characters into the desert for a reason- Moses, Joseph, Jesus all walked through a desert. Come to think of it, all Bible characters wandered through a something. Abraham was called to the promise land, David wandered with his band of brothers prior to kingship and all the apostles wandered from one place to the next with nothing on them. The desert precedes the promotion and forces us to realize our limitations. At SG, I asked for them to pray for me. One of the questions that came up was: did you put yourself in the desert or did God do it? I realized that it was God who put me in the desert but not to wallow in it which I have done. I'm literally sitting on the sand making angels with my limbs and wearing a pom pom wool hat on my head and shearling boots. I realized while walking home last night that if I wanted to get to the mountain of God, I'd have to get up and keep walking. For if God called me to walk in the desert, I would have to keep going or pay the price of sitting.
3. Macau was lovely. I felt like I was in America. We stayed at the Hard Rock and I caught up on all my American news on Fox tv. We sat front row at the show and got soaking wet. A couple of guys told each other I looked like Lady Gaga but in neutral tones- I was in earshot and whirled around to tell them I understood english but alas they were fiddling on their Iphones. Saw them later at the Grand Hyatt cafe and talked loudly in English. Was wearing a taupe chiffon top (yes it wasn't nude tones it was a brown hue) with six inch platform wedges.
4. I realized that in my pursuit to restore myself spiritually through my passions and talents, I cannot do things to prove myself to the people of my past. The trap that I in most danger of falling into is trying to find success in order to show my past that yes Sam can do this and can do this alone despite the lack of support from her Christian peers.
5. Having said that I am pleased to announce that...
I am going to Seoul Fashion Week next Thursday to cover emerging Korean designers for a report that will be featured on our site for two weeks in November as a part of a promotion I'm heading. I pitched the idea a few months ago and then pitched the idea of using SFW as a pivotal point of interest to capture a new consumer, the CEO liked it and now I'm going. I've set the direction for the products that we will be featuring and will style and shoot them for the spread.
I feel like God is telling me to screw what Christians think because it's quite obvious that this is the industry I'm supposed to be in because He placed me in there and has blessed me continuously in my first job. Whoohoo I have a long list of things to write under my first job in my resume.
As a friend said, "art is not meant to answer questions. it’s meant to demonstrate possibilities”



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home