Anointing
I feel like I'm sitting on the crossroad of something great. I don't know what it is yet but I feel like God will reveal it to me some time this year.
I had a dream the other night where a group of us were chosen to go into a freestanding elevator (if you read the sequel to 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'- an elevator that is essentially a plane). We all stood plastered around the four walls of the elevator as it shot up. We somehow drifted above a city that resembled Union Square of NYC where the elevator started swinging back and forth like a pendulum as we slowly descended. In the city, we grew- we grew greatly. As we towered over everyone, the citizens of the city became afraid of us because we were so great. They were so terrified that they began to kill us.
I don't know, I don't know.
Have you ever felt intoxicated and crazy drunk because you love what you do it fills you to the brim, overwhelming in joy and passion? On Friday I fell in love with a project I've been working on for the CEO. It wasn't initiated by him but I suddenly envisioned how our company could perform even better than this year. I started off about two months ago, examining other stores and how they do product placement and suddenly it clicked to me how to make our company better than any other of our other competitors. I then made a 'manifesto' in which I boiled it down to three points that I could advise the CEO on how we could do better. Better ways to brand, better ways to get ahead of potential competitors, better ways to communicate with customers and how to market to the affluent ones.
Everything suddenly made sense.
The awesome part of my manifesto was that I took my theme directly from our church's theme for this year: Deeper and Wider. It just seemed to fit in with our company as it did in my spiritual community.
I feel very blessed in that I'm in a company that is growing and not a established one where everything would probably be boxed in. I like how I have so much freedom to examine, poke, prod. My first job, I've been managing products that go to the store in the States, went to LA for a concert we sponsored to take photos, went to Seoul Fashion Week for a magazine I was in charge of from front to back, manage three blogger aliases on our blog, and get to report and advise on the overall direction of the company to my boss which also happens to be the CEO. I'm also starting on a new project- a slot in our 'store' where I get to play stylist, editor, merchandiser and buyer all in one.
When I was a kid, I was terrible at math (Asian standard). I hated problem solving questions particularly the 'application' questions on a math test in which a twist was involved in the equation. My mom loves math and she's seen me gruel over my textbook over the summer holiday. But then I realized this year that I actually LOVE problem solving just not the math kind. I love seeing problems in my company and I like to take it apart and solve it. I love how there's so much crap that needs to be sorted out because the messier, the more power I have to set the rules. I used to envy my roommate for her love of learning and I think I found out where my voracious appetite to learn lies.
As I grow in my Christian walk, I find the funny thing is is that things often just 'fall' into place without me even doing much due to God's provision. I just somehow got a job which can take me far and wide thanks to the rise of the internet, social media within fashion.
I think in all this, God has one point for me. He clearly believes in me more than I do in myself. I don't think, for a second, He had any doubts that I was not meant to be in this industry. It was me all along, questioning and doubting despite the many ways in which He's obviously showed me signs to validate. He has reminded me that He has set the course for me to run, a race in which we all aim to receive the same prize. What other people say should not deter me from running the race if it was set in front of me.
I recall hearing a sermon about Jesus and Peter walking on water. When Peter walks on water, sees the waves around him and beings to sink, the point of realization as that Jesus never doubted Peter's ability to walk on water, Peter just doubted in himself that he could. At this moment in my life, I feel like Peter.
God, I'm waiting for Your anointing over my life and Your calling for me in the industry I am in.
I had a dream the other night where a group of us were chosen to go into a freestanding elevator (if you read the sequel to 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'- an elevator that is essentially a plane). We all stood plastered around the four walls of the elevator as it shot up. We somehow drifted above a city that resembled Union Square of NYC where the elevator started swinging back and forth like a pendulum as we slowly descended. In the city, we grew- we grew greatly. As we towered over everyone, the citizens of the city became afraid of us because we were so great. They were so terrified that they began to kill us.
I don't know, I don't know.
Have you ever felt intoxicated and crazy drunk because you love what you do it fills you to the brim, overwhelming in joy and passion? On Friday I fell in love with a project I've been working on for the CEO. It wasn't initiated by him but I suddenly envisioned how our company could perform even better than this year. I started off about two months ago, examining other stores and how they do product placement and suddenly it clicked to me how to make our company better than any other of our other competitors. I then made a 'manifesto' in which I boiled it down to three points that I could advise the CEO on how we could do better. Better ways to brand, better ways to get ahead of potential competitors, better ways to communicate with customers and how to market to the affluent ones.
Everything suddenly made sense.
The awesome part of my manifesto was that I took my theme directly from our church's theme for this year: Deeper and Wider. It just seemed to fit in with our company as it did in my spiritual community.
I feel very blessed in that I'm in a company that is growing and not a established one where everything would probably be boxed in. I like how I have so much freedom to examine, poke, prod. My first job, I've been managing products that go to the store in the States, went to LA for a concert we sponsored to take photos, went to Seoul Fashion Week for a magazine I was in charge of from front to back, manage three blogger aliases on our blog, and get to report and advise on the overall direction of the company to my boss which also happens to be the CEO. I'm also starting on a new project- a slot in our 'store' where I get to play stylist, editor, merchandiser and buyer all in one.
When I was a kid, I was terrible at math (Asian standard). I hated problem solving questions particularly the 'application' questions on a math test in which a twist was involved in the equation. My mom loves math and she's seen me gruel over my textbook over the summer holiday. But then I realized this year that I actually LOVE problem solving just not the math kind. I love seeing problems in my company and I like to take it apart and solve it. I love how there's so much crap that needs to be sorted out because the messier, the more power I have to set the rules. I used to envy my roommate for her love of learning and I think I found out where my voracious appetite to learn lies.
As I grow in my Christian walk, I find the funny thing is is that things often just 'fall' into place without me even doing much due to God's provision. I just somehow got a job which can take me far and wide thanks to the rise of the internet, social media within fashion.
I think in all this, God has one point for me. He clearly believes in me more than I do in myself. I don't think, for a second, He had any doubts that I was not meant to be in this industry. It was me all along, questioning and doubting despite the many ways in which He's obviously showed me signs to validate. He has reminded me that He has set the course for me to run, a race in which we all aim to receive the same prize. What other people say should not deter me from running the race if it was set in front of me.
I recall hearing a sermon about Jesus and Peter walking on water. When Peter walks on water, sees the waves around him and beings to sink, the point of realization as that Jesus never doubted Peter's ability to walk on water, Peter just doubted in himself that he could. At this moment in my life, I feel like Peter.
God, I'm waiting for Your anointing over my life and Your calling for me in the industry I am in.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home