Favor
The last time I wrote here was two months ago. I haven't forgotten this blog of a diary but I've been making many transitions in hopes of finding peace. I've learned and realized a lot.
I was reading the prophecies of Jaeson Ma:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150131621835460&id=8779035119
and felt an overwhelming sorrow for Korea that I wept and prayed for South Korea to return to its first love.
More astonishingly many personal things in my life were confirmed through his prophecy:
2011 will mark the end of a season of testing God’s saints of what is in their hearts. Those who have passed the last season of testing would have overcome the temptation of self exaltation, self glorification and self advancement. God is accelerating His kingdom upon the earth and He has no time to deal with mixture.
2010 was really difficult for me more and more bitter because I had tasted much joy in 2008 and 2009. I felt as if many branches were cut off and I did not know why. My Christian friend and I were sharing this past December that we hoped 2011 would be a better year.
Those who have cleansed their hands and purified their hearts and not lifted up their soul to an idol will transition into a season of birthing. There will be many sudden births of new ministries, companies, ventures, movements and kingdom projects. Finances will not be an issue. God will pour out favor and give the power to produce wealth for those who are obedient to the heavenly vision and call. Funding that seemed impossible in 2010 will be released suddenly and abundantly in 2011. Many new structures, re positioning and re organizing will happen in 2011 in preparation for what the Church will face in 2012. It will be a season of storing up, preparation and transition into not only the new, but the next level. Many ministries, companies, callings will be enhanced into the fullness of their callings and have no lack.
At the beginning of the year one Sunday morning at church, God gave me four words, "The Year of Favor." The following morning as I did my devos on Luke, I read this:
8 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
And after reading Jaeson Ma's prophecy I am certain that this year is the year of God's favor over my life.
I've been thinking a lot.. thinking about relationships. Not in the sense of between boy and girl but what it means to be and have friends.
This past year I wanted to fade away thus my little activity on facebook. I wanted to be forgotten and to disappear from people. I wanted to cover up and just be myself.
And I realized that what I want to do requires being loud and being quiet to avoid a handful of people would cost me more than the price I'd have to pay for fearing men.
I realized that... to "seek God with all your heart" means that I give God my doubts in how He will fulfill His Will in my career path. I always pray that God use me through the passions He's placed in me yet constantly doubt the power of His authority through my ministry. And if my heart holds fashion so dearly, should I not use it to its creative magnitude? Is that not glorifying enough as it is to preach a sermon?
I have no doubts of my current placement here in Hong Kong. Although many people-including colleagues- have asked me why I'm in a city that has little regard for the arts and working for a moderate sized fashion company when I ought to be in NYC with the other fashion powerhouses with my educational pedigree, I can only answer that I am in the best position ever. It's dawned upon me that God has strategically placed me here for a reason for which I am seeing clearer every day.
By trade I am a fashion analyst of an online fashion company based in Hong Kong. In our current social climate, the Internet is increasingly becoming the single most powerful tool that fashion companies worldwide are using to acquire customers and establish brand identity. Furthermore the next most popular buzzword after 'social media' is 'Asia' and the growing appetite for fashion. This whole generation is wired and more styled than ever.
A professional trend analyst predicted that the garment industry in New York will plateau. For those designers wanting to make it big in Asia will have to start from scratch as an impressive NYC resume in China means nothing if you don't have experience in Asia.
Hm perfect.
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, if anything, do not put down the fashion industry which has such power and influence over people. It's really discouraging to hear people who put it down for reasons of being shallow, self-absorbed and consumeristic. Trust me, us Parsons girls KNOW all this but if God calls us to this ministry, would you give us encouragement? We struggle through this- that other Christians do not see fashion being a 'valuable' or 'good' for God's ministry. I am hurting because of this and this was one of the things I really want to break free of this year. Not every one of us was called to be a teacher, a scientist, a doctor or a missionary in its most traditional sense. Some of us were called to speak volumes simply through clothes.
I was reading the prophecies of Jaeson Ma:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150131621835460&id=8779035119
and felt an overwhelming sorrow for Korea that I wept and prayed for South Korea to return to its first love.
More astonishingly many personal things in my life were confirmed through his prophecy:
2011 will mark the end of a season of testing God’s saints of what is in their hearts. Those who have passed the last season of testing would have overcome the temptation of self exaltation, self glorification and self advancement. God is accelerating His kingdom upon the earth and He has no time to deal with mixture.
2010 was really difficult for me more and more bitter because I had tasted much joy in 2008 and 2009. I felt as if many branches were cut off and I did not know why. My Christian friend and I were sharing this past December that we hoped 2011 would be a better year.
Those who have cleansed their hands and purified their hearts and not lifted up their soul to an idol will transition into a season of birthing. There will be many sudden births of new ministries, companies, ventures, movements and kingdom projects. Finances will not be an issue. God will pour out favor and give the power to produce wealth for those who are obedient to the heavenly vision and call. Funding that seemed impossible in 2010 will be released suddenly and abundantly in 2011. Many new structures, re positioning and re organizing will happen in 2011 in preparation for what the Church will face in 2012. It will be a season of storing up, preparation and transition into not only the new, but the next level. Many ministries, companies, callings will be enhanced into the fullness of their callings and have no lack.
At the beginning of the year one Sunday morning at church, God gave me four words, "The Year of Favor." The following morning as I did my devos on Luke, I read this:
8 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
And after reading Jaeson Ma's prophecy I am certain that this year is the year of God's favor over my life.
I've been thinking a lot.. thinking about relationships. Not in the sense of between boy and girl but what it means to be and have friends.
This past year I wanted to fade away thus my little activity on facebook. I wanted to be forgotten and to disappear from people. I wanted to cover up and just be myself.
And I realized that what I want to do requires being loud and being quiet to avoid a handful of people would cost me more than the price I'd have to pay for fearing men.
I realized that... to "seek God with all your heart" means that I give God my doubts in how He will fulfill His Will in my career path. I always pray that God use me through the passions He's placed in me yet constantly doubt the power of His authority through my ministry. And if my heart holds fashion so dearly, should I not use it to its creative magnitude? Is that not glorifying enough as it is to preach a sermon?
I have no doubts of my current placement here in Hong Kong. Although many people-including colleagues- have asked me why I'm in a city that has little regard for the arts and working for a moderate sized fashion company when I ought to be in NYC with the other fashion powerhouses with my educational pedigree, I can only answer that I am in the best position ever. It's dawned upon me that God has strategically placed me here for a reason for which I am seeing clearer every day.
By trade I am a fashion analyst of an online fashion company based in Hong Kong. In our current social climate, the Internet is increasingly becoming the single most powerful tool that fashion companies worldwide are using to acquire customers and establish brand identity. Furthermore the next most popular buzzword after 'social media' is 'Asia' and the growing appetite for fashion. This whole generation is wired and more styled than ever.
A professional trend analyst predicted that the garment industry in New York will plateau. For those designers wanting to make it big in Asia will have to start from scratch as an impressive NYC resume in China means nothing if you don't have experience in Asia.
Hm perfect.
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, if anything, do not put down the fashion industry which has such power and influence over people. It's really discouraging to hear people who put it down for reasons of being shallow, self-absorbed and consumeristic. Trust me, us Parsons girls KNOW all this but if God calls us to this ministry, would you give us encouragement? We struggle through this- that other Christians do not see fashion being a 'valuable' or 'good' for God's ministry. I am hurting because of this and this was one of the things I really want to break free of this year. Not every one of us was called to be a teacher, a scientist, a doctor or a missionary in its most traditional sense. Some of us were called to speak volumes simply through clothes.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home