Henry Cloud: The Beginnings of a Book
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
-Oscar Wilde
That's me here.
So I've started reading the book. He's basically setting up his arguments and really hasn't said much yet other than what I've read through those articles. However Andrew came up with this star system (upon my insistence for defined levels) which doesn't really change much but create a visual representation:
1 is msning another guy
2 is making a new guy friend (in person)
3 is a guy asking you out
4 is you asking a guy out
5 is having a date
I'm not sure how the first one would work considering my entire list of friends are about... 90% female unless I start adding people or people add me. Lol. In order not to be 'closed minded', I'll just leave it at that. However I don't think I should ask the guy out according to John Eldredge.
The other day as my roomie and I were talking about dating/crushes/guys, she said that if I ever came along that someone, she could imagine me pushing him away until he'd turn to my friends for information/help. Initially I thought that was really funny but for some strange reason, I could see that happening.
Anyway, Henry Cloud just described me:
Reasons for Not Meeting Requirements One: No New Eligibles
-you turn down invitations to go places because you don't ever think it will be worth it.
-you prejudge the kinds of people you will meet there and don;t think they will be eligibles
-you are not invited anywhere, so you do nothing to create new activities or places to go or other ways that might someone.
-the places you get invited to do not fit into your "narrow box of acceptable options."
-you have no confidence in the taste of the people who offer to introduce you to someone
-you are aware of dating services or other proven methods of meeting people, but have a stigma against them without trying them out.
HAHA. And then this:
No Interaction:
-"That is too forward. I could never do that."
-"I am too shy. It's too scary to walk up to someone and begin a conversation."
-"They will think I am hitting on them"
-"I look fat"
-"I'm not handsome"
-"I can't do that. I dont know anything about them. What if they don't share my same values?"
-"What if they don't like me? I might get rejected."
Okay, Mr Henry Cloud, let's just see how great your dating ideologies are.
Anyway this morning I wasn't feeling too great. I had to meet up with my Fashion Ind group at 8:30. I literally rolled out of bed, put glasses on and a hoodie over my tank top and shoved my boots into my pajama pants and crossed the street to school. LOL.
Well anyway one of the team members didnt show up... and we waited till 8:40 which seemed like ages to me and since the other design team member had class at 9am, we seperated. I crawled back into bed and then an hour later my cell rings and the guy asks me where I am. I was a little annoyed considering it seemed like we were supposed to WAIT for him until he arrived. Ends up he slept in and didnt wake till 8:30.
I've been quite annoyed lately. I thought 27 year olds were supposed to be more mature and responsible than 19 year olds but apparently that was not so. I ended up taking leadership over the project and today during crit, our teacher told us a lot of things we should not have done in executing the project.. which she never told us before and WANTED us to make those mistakes which just pissed me off because I'd rather prevent than learn when it's too late. Sigh. And she's trying to ween me off my life drawing skills and transcend into the world of fashion figures which are basically exaggerated stick insects and I dont' want to because I'm afraid I'll lose my skills in realism. But I guess I'll just have to suck it up and do it.
-Oscar Wilde
That's me here.
So I've started reading the book. He's basically setting up his arguments and really hasn't said much yet other than what I've read through those articles. However Andrew came up with this star system (upon my insistence for defined levels) which doesn't really change much but create a visual representation:
1 is msning another guy
2 is making a new guy friend (in person)
3 is a guy asking you out
4 is you asking a guy out
5 is having a date
I'm not sure how the first one would work considering my entire list of friends are about... 90% female unless I start adding people or people add me. Lol. In order not to be 'closed minded', I'll just leave it at that. However I don't think I should ask the guy out according to John Eldredge.
The other day as my roomie and I were talking about dating/crushes/guys, she said that if I ever came along that someone, she could imagine me pushing him away until he'd turn to my friends for information/help. Initially I thought that was really funny but for some strange reason, I could see that happening.
Anyway, Henry Cloud just described me:
Reasons for Not Meeting Requirements One: No New Eligibles
-you turn down invitations to go places because you don't ever think it will be worth it.
-you prejudge the kinds of people you will meet there and don;t think they will be eligibles
-you are not invited anywhere, so you do nothing to create new activities or places to go or other ways that might someone.
-the places you get invited to do not fit into your "narrow box of acceptable options."
-you have no confidence in the taste of the people who offer to introduce you to someone
-you are aware of dating services or other proven methods of meeting people, but have a stigma against them without trying them out.
HAHA. And then this:
No Interaction:
-"That is too forward. I could never do that."
-"I am too shy. It's too scary to walk up to someone and begin a conversation."
-"They will think I am hitting on them"
-"I look fat"
-"I'm not handsome"
-"I can't do that. I dont know anything about them. What if they don't share my same values?"
-"What if they don't like me? I might get rejected."
Okay, Mr Henry Cloud, let's just see how great your dating ideologies are.
Anyway this morning I wasn't feeling too great. I had to meet up with my Fashion Ind group at 8:30. I literally rolled out of bed, put glasses on and a hoodie over my tank top and shoved my boots into my pajama pants and crossed the street to school. LOL.
Well anyway one of the team members didnt show up... and we waited till 8:40 which seemed like ages to me and since the other design team member had class at 9am, we seperated. I crawled back into bed and then an hour later my cell rings and the guy asks me where I am. I was a little annoyed considering it seemed like we were supposed to WAIT for him until he arrived. Ends up he slept in and didnt wake till 8:30.
I've been quite annoyed lately. I thought 27 year olds were supposed to be more mature and responsible than 19 year olds but apparently that was not so. I ended up taking leadership over the project and today during crit, our teacher told us a lot of things we should not have done in executing the project.. which she never told us before and WANTED us to make those mistakes which just pissed me off because I'd rather prevent than learn when it's too late. Sigh. And she's trying to ween me off my life drawing skills and transcend into the world of fashion figures which are basically exaggerated stick insects and I dont' want to because I'm afraid I'll lose my skills in realism. But I guess I'll just have to suck it up and do it.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home