Ah.. blogger. Lol. I have not blogged in ages. Not like anyone visits my site anymore but whatever... its a blog of nonsensicals (yes that's my word).
I like reading the New York Times. One of the most amazing magazines ever (Yes I can be intellectual and 'open minded' when I want to be). I've learnt quite a lot from reading it every sunday. I mean I just learnt what Progeria is! It's when a child ages quickly causing him to resemble an old man stuck in a child's body. Really scary.. Hence they die at the mere age of 12. That's pretty sad. They found out there was something wrong in Chromosome 1 with how the cells developed.. the chromosomes were inverted. LOL.. but I'm no scientist so I can't really tell you how they get the disease. There are only 60 kids in the entire world who have it.
* * *
There was this old NY times magazine I had kept and the entire issue was on children and how companies are trying to market products to them and how to get them to buy an item. They also featured intricate playgrounds with faux mist and high tech materials.. crazy.. Then they featured an interior space that this child had. Crappers it was huge! Her bedroom is three times the size of mine and it's all furnished professionally! What the heck. They also had these pictures of kids with toys and such... Then I came across this black and white ad in the middle of the magazine from some foundation for the children of the third world countries and it was pretty large juxtaposition with the page next to it: a layout of children happy in this bright polka dotted room.
And there were other articles too.. about this Christian university (I like reading the comments written by readers. they're interesting), extreme evangelists, people who can barely make ends meet but are not homeless which populate a large area of the USA... lol.. And of course to balance all this seriousness, I read the style section. mmm.. sorry... I must succumb to my superficial, shallow side.... visual confectionaries.
I like reading the New York Times. One of the most amazing magazines ever (Yes I can be intellectual and 'open minded' when I want to be). I've learnt quite a lot from reading it every sunday. I mean I just learnt what Progeria is! It's when a child ages quickly causing him to resemble an old man stuck in a child's body. Really scary.. Hence they die at the mere age of 12. That's pretty sad. They found out there was something wrong in Chromosome 1 with how the cells developed.. the chromosomes were inverted. LOL.. but I'm no scientist so I can't really tell you how they get the disease. There are only 60 kids in the entire world who have it.
* * *
There was this old NY times magazine I had kept and the entire issue was on children and how companies are trying to market products to them and how to get them to buy an item. They also featured intricate playgrounds with faux mist and high tech materials.. crazy.. Then they featured an interior space that this child had. Crappers it was huge! Her bedroom is three times the size of mine and it's all furnished professionally! What the heck. They also had these pictures of kids with toys and such... Then I came across this black and white ad in the middle of the magazine from some foundation for the children of the third world countries and it was pretty large juxtaposition with the page next to it: a layout of children happy in this bright polka dotted room.
And there were other articles too.. about this Christian university (I like reading the comments written by readers. they're interesting), extreme evangelists, people who can barely make ends meet but are not homeless which populate a large area of the USA... lol.. And of course to balance all this seriousness, I read the style section. mmm.. sorry... I must succumb to my superficial, shallow side.... visual confectionaries.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home