This is our world. Our homogenous culture. Where no one wins save corporate companies selling us hope in bottles and powders. Where we want instant gratification hence the large masses going to cosmetic surgeons in seek of happiness in larger breasts and thinner thighs. This is our world.
"The world will hate you," He had said, "Because it hated Me first."
Everyone was born different and we are different.. until media skews our perception and we all allow ourselves to be molded and manipulated to become slaves to the consumer society(how I despise that word. It's too overly used).
When I first read that verse.. that if you take up your cross and follow Him.... that the world would hate you because they hated Him first, it really scared me. Am I going to be a loner, a loser in society? Do not love the things of this world He said.
How can you not get suckered into this narrow minded culture? Oh yeah, what happened to accepting everyone when we still believe that thin and tall is beautiful? "Yes we're a very tolerant society but only if you're 5'10", blonde hair, beautiful and unblemished complexion and weigh 110 pounds". Score, go gingerbread society! Let's all be the same because, obviously, we'll be happy. Trying so hard to become different while conforming.
God where are you? Why have we turned into such a Me-Me-Me society? Have we lost our soul amongst our credit cards and shopping sprees? (hey someone put those last two lines in a song.. they rhyme and go manipulate people into buying it.) Sigh this is so depressing... I should go and work on scrapbook now... cuz obviously I need to get into university, get a job, retire and then die. Yay!
"The world will hate you," He had said, "Because it hated Me first."
Everyone was born different and we are different.. until media skews our perception and we all allow ourselves to be molded and manipulated to become slaves to the consumer society(how I despise that word. It's too overly used).
When I first read that verse.. that if you take up your cross and follow Him.... that the world would hate you because they hated Him first, it really scared me. Am I going to be a loner, a loser in society? Do not love the things of this world He said.
How can you not get suckered into this narrow minded culture? Oh yeah, what happened to accepting everyone when we still believe that thin and tall is beautiful? "Yes we're a very tolerant society but only if you're 5'10", blonde hair, beautiful and unblemished complexion and weigh 110 pounds". Score, go gingerbread society! Let's all be the same because, obviously, we'll be happy. Trying so hard to become different while conforming.
God where are you? Why have we turned into such a Me-Me-Me society? Have we lost our soul amongst our credit cards and shopping sprees? (hey someone put those last two lines in a song.. they rhyme and go manipulate people into buying it.) Sigh this is so depressing... I should go and work on scrapbook now... cuz obviously I need to get into university, get a job, retire and then die. Yay!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home