Saturday, May 05, 2007

Forgiveness: Easier Said than Done

Life is so... funny.

I said right from the start, "I forgive you."
Boy was it easy to say but I know my heart doesn't follow.
So here I am not angry but disappointed and a little uncertain.
How do you forgive someone who you are supposed to trust, who you see as a friend though that title has never been uttered before, and lies to you in front of your face when you knew the truth upon asking?

At the time I was amiable- I think due to my state of being under that extremely dense chocolate thing I drank earlier but the following day, it just didn't hit me until the next day.
I know most people believe humans are essentially evil but I can't seem to accept that.

Yesterday was funniest of them all- I saw Spiderman 3 and one of the central themes was forgiveness. Uh I won't divulge you any of the story since I may just spoil it for those who want to watch it but it was really funny. A motherload of people there- making fun of the entire movie. It was kind of funny- you could hear people yelling "slut!" when Kirsten Dunst kissed this 'other' guy. And the script was horrendous. Absolutely terrible. Lines like "I AM the other guy," should be banned. Oh yeah there's a scene in the beginning where he's falling and they slow-mo it so you see him trying to grasp for his engagement ring- THEY TOTALLY STOLE THAT FROM LOTR. It looked exactly like when Frodo was in the tavern where he first meets Strider and he's falling onto the ground and catches the ring on his finger and vanishes. Frickin lame.
And honestly, filmmakers these days are relying waaay too much on CG.

Anyway I think the central theme for this week was on forgiveness and asking for help. Today I was working on my draping project and different Bible verses on forgiveness kept popp into my head.. seventy seven times... the servant and the master... yada yada.
This week I saw what happens to people when they don't ask for help due to pride or shame which results in broken trust and damaged relationships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home