Friday, October 06, 2006

Here's to World Domination

Some people never cease to amaze me.
Allie came by today around 6- we were just planning to chill for the night so we all went to get take out and two bottles of wine (plum and chardonnay). Anyway, she comes into our apartment and tells me that she was watching Bette Davis biography and then said "F*** school, I'm going to become an actress."
So yesterday she goes online to look up agencies and finds one that seemed less sketchy and they called her this afternoon to see her tomorrow.
When I found out, I laughed so much because it seems so totally random. She said she wanted to try (she's crazy about actresses, their bios and recognizes any famous person walking the street in New York) because she doesn't want to go to school, turn 30 years old and realize that she's wanted to become an actress but was too afraid to try. And as much as I laugh at her, I told her to go for it because hey, you never know. So tomorrow she's going for her interview thing.
Anyway we talked about going abroad, Allie wants to go to Paris and Bonnie to Tokyo and I to Shanghai or Paris or Tokyo. Bonnie thought that was the randomest city to go abroad (Shanghai) and I said it because I wanted to set up shop in China and Allie thought that was neat. So we all sat on the floor with our pad thai/fa/salmon, poured wine in glasses (milk for me- I can drink half a gallon within a week) and toasted to our future- as Allie put it, to our world domination- I was going to make it big in China, Allie as an actress and Bonnie as a designer/illustrator in Tokyo. LOL. It was great.
We then watched this Japanese movie called Kamikaze Girls.
I tried the plum wine, it tasted like Snapple, and I realize my cheeks turn rosy after even a little bit. lol.


So I read Metamorphasis- Kafka. I thought it was the funniest thing that I was reading Kafka.


Okay this is not working, I'm so tired. I promise I will blog something more interesting soon- I'm gonna crack the essay on Marriage and Love. I'm done with two exams and a midterm project. I am ready to do more work (not). Bring it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home