Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Cut

So to see if the suspender dress was alright for wearing in public, I broke out this Walmart t shirt that's been in my closet for a year and a bit now and wore it underneath. My mom who is lying on the floor doing exercises and watching 'Everybody Loves Raymond' looks at me (btw looking from below it obviously makes it look shorter while if you stood up my legs would be foreshortened and the dress would appear longer). Her first comment is,
"You look like a teenager."
LOL. I told her that I was a teenager. She said,
"You look like a sixteen year old teenager."
What difference do three years make? She then says,
"It's too short."
-_-


And you realize how much the cut of a garment can make such a difference. The silly thing is is that if I wore shorts that length it would be acceptable. And my mom thinks it would be acceptable if I wore grey leggings underneath to the knee (to hide all of my thigh- except it's being covered by a piece of thin fabric) Even a denim mini because the fabric is stiff and hugs the body closely. But a rayon skirt that flares out implies the possibility of it perilously flying upwards. It's never really about length but how the garment is cut.
I think this is the funniest picture ever. You have to click on it to see the details. Look in the tree. Pardon me for the crappy photography- I just had to snap it quickly before they realized at yesterdays photo shoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home