Friday, May 26, 2006

Love the Life You Live: results

I have a feeling I shall post three entries by the end of today. So last night I continued to read the book 'Love the Life you Live' until it told me to do this online test so I could measure up and relate better to all that they would be saying in the next few chapters. I did the test and the answers don't surprise me. For me I know my strength is my self honesty nor do I care that people know who I am. In that sense, I am pretty transparent. If I wasn't, well, I wouldn't be publishing any of this. I know, however, that I place much of my self-esteem on my appearance and through acquisition. So here I have posted the results for a personal record minus all the chapters they've recommended me to read.

Section 1: Confidence in One’s Own Significance
Confidence from Appearance/Self-Presentation
For you, self-esteem and appearance are intertwined. The better you think you look, the better you feel about yourself.
Confidence from Acquisition
It can be hard for you to remember that the thrill of buying something new is fleeting, at best. While we would not label you “materialistic,” we are concerned that acquiring new things is too important to your sense of self.

Confidence from Profession
While you might take pride in your professional accomplishments, your work is not the sole determinant of your self-esteem. Rather, you strive to balance a sense of pride derived from success in your profession with other sources of satisfaction.

Confidence from Interpersonal Affirmation
You sometimes find yourself craving others’ approval, and it always feels good to know that others think highly of you. However, you usually realize that your self-worth is not dependent on others’ opinions of you.
Confidence from Awareness of Inherent Worth
Through life’s challenges, you almost always remember that you, as an individual, have a value that no one can take from you. You very seldom, if ever, compromise your own values in an effort to gain the approval of others.

Section 2: Authenticity
Self-Knowledge (Honesty with Self)
Congratulations—you have found a way to accept yourself in all your internal glory, shame, fear and hope. Achieving this essential authenticity with yourself is crucial for you to achieve honest, open and healthy relationships with others.

Self-Revelation (Honesty with Others)
It’s not always easy for you to be with other people, but you can usually find ways to be honest with others. You are most comfortable when you can find a balance between solitude, on the one hand, and taking pleasure in others’ company, on the other.

Fear of Honesty with Others
Your mind is not cluttered by undue doubts about how much of yourself you should reveal to others. You rarely worry about whether you have said too much about yourself. Your friends have the pleasure and privilege of knowing you as you really are.

Commitment to One’s Own Values
It is possible for you to compromise your own values in an effort to gain the approval of others, but you usually stand by your principles. When you are faced with important decisions, you try to find a balance between pleasing others and acting on your own principles.

Section 3: Self-Giving Love
Self-Care
Congratulations—it is evident from your responses that you are aware of the importance of balancing your own needs with those of others. Even though it is not easy for you, you do try to take care of yourself at the same time you are attentive to those around you.

Charitable Love
It’s a struggle for you sometimes to find time, energy and motivation to be attentive to others while you take care of your own needs. As you might already know, or will soon discover, a life-affirming richness will infuse your every moment when you care for others as you care for yourself.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Aw I forgot to add in my schedule that tania bought me tickets to see the LOTR musical on the 31st of May so I can't attend Robyn's show. DANG IT. Well everyone go support her!
I love it. I told my mom today that I lost weight (weighing about 122-125 lbs) and she said that's because of all my walking (no kidding) and she said I'd gain it back real soon if I keep lounging around like I did today. -_-. My mother is always like this when it comes to weight/fitness and exercise. It doesnt' really bother me but it still exasperates me a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home