Wednesday, January 11, 2006

On Worship and Music

I've realized, through playing the violin for so many years, I love slow songs. I hate fast ones because I feel as if I can't express every note just running through them. And that is why my violin teacher last minute, changed my solo from 'Perpetual Motion' to 'Le Cygne' (also known as 'The Swan') when I did my exam. My favourite pieces are "Thai Meditation", "Canon" (which can be fast or slow give or take), 'Le Cygne' and numerous random ones I can't think of at the moment. Then again, I probably prefer slow over fast ones because my fingers are pretty weak and trip over one another when playing sixteenth notes. Hahaha.
Just as in worship, although I love those loud, hype songs, in terms of glorifying God, I prefer slow quiet ones. Those are the ones that move and compel me.
Your love Oh Lord, reaches to the heavens... Your faithfulness stretches to the sky. Your Righteousness is like a mighty mountain, yeah. Your justices flows like the oceans tide.


How great is our God.


On Careers and Jobs

I think the smartest thing to have done is to buy a plot of land downtown and transformed it into a parking lot. That way you can do nothing and just hire someone to look after it and make a ton of money by letting people park their cars on your land! Genius! My mom was quite amused when I told her that.


On Beauty

Hahaha through my conversations with Tania, I've found out that I'm not interested in talking about male beauty. The only famous male celebrities I find attractive is Johnny Depp (because he is the epitome of awesomeness and adaptability. Go watch Edward Scissorhands and Pirates of the Caribbean. His normal self is so different from his acting self), Brad Pitt (only in Troy mostly) and Colin Firth with his big brown eyes. Other than that-hm- I can't really think of any gorgeous guys for the time being. How sad. I used to like Orlando Bloom until all the girls got crazy about him. I guess I like Legolas. hahaha. Oh yeah I found some chinese actor quite good looking but I don't remember his name and no it's not Edison, and Nicholas Tse (my cousin said they're really stupid since she attended the same school as them. hahah). Anyway I think I've never really been interested in male beauty since as a little girl, I've always drawn princesses and females. I can name many women I find that encompass my definition of 'beauty' from, of course, Gong Li to Uma Thurman to Liv Tyler (save that time she wore a kooky hairstyle with weird cat-shaped glasses) to Charlize Theron (save the faux tan) to Nicole Kidman (depending) to Zhang Zi Yi (only with hair down and in 2046. She looks like an alien in Memoirs) to Kristen Kreuk.
In life drawing, I've prefered to draw women over men because there's more to draw in the female body than the male. I like drawing and shading curves and voluptuous figures.
But for anyone who is still reading this and starting to think of me as rather odd, I'm not gay. I just find female beauty more interesting. :P


On Self Expression through Clothes

I could say so much here but I dont want to kill anyone by boring them to death so all I will say is that I've taken an interest to old clothes and old world techniques in embroidery and things of the past. Also I'd like to wear things people normally wouldn't wear but I don't want to be deemed as a freak either. On a sad note, I noticed the red piping on the edges of my grandmother's embroidered wedding shirt had melted away in many areas after being dry cleaned. :( It came from the 1940s too. I'm researching stuff on the history of Chinese embroidery. I know, I'm an odd one.


On this Blog

I've written so many airheaded entries lately that I feel as if I should just keep them to myself. Then I want to write them down somewhere. But they sound so stupid once I reread them. Hm. Such as this one. Sigh. Exactly when does one reveal herself without giving too much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home