I've always thought of myself as an ecclectic person. Soph once remarked that my room was messy in an 'artistic' way (as if every item strewn on the floor was designed to be placed a certain way). I'd like to think that though it's just messy because I don't know what to do with all the stuff.. But sure, we can go with Soph's theory. They also mentioned that it was very ecclectic... bits and pieces of my past stuck together... the influences from reading historical fiction, art, fashion, photography, nature, Hong Kong, vacations to Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, China and Bali, Lord of the Rings, interior design spaces.... I've taken things that I've liked and fused it together to become my own.
Similarly, my taste in music is of that kind too. Currently my MP3 player consists of LOTR, Phantom of the Opera, Sum 41, Linkin Park, Hillsong, Love Actually soundtrack, KJ52, Ciara, Destiny's Child, Ma$e, Skillet, Bonnie McKee and Kelly Clarkson. I've never really been a faithful fan to any particular band or musician. I take what I like.
This could also be said about my life.. I guess that's why I can never fit in. I guess that's why I have three groups of friends. But then again I think every single person doesn't feel like they 'fit in with their peers. We always feel so isolated in a group. I wonder why that is. There has not been one person who has not confided in me that she does not feel a part of the group. We always feel slightly.. displaced.
But I like the ecclectic life. That's what makes life interesting. Instead of following one homogenous culture, you absorb all of them and create something that is entirely unique to you. It's kinda like.... like those rich chinese ladies who wear Burberry or Chanel head to toe.. they buy the stuff cuz it gives them this higher status. When I lived in Hong Kong, I remember walking on Women's Street and sifting through piles of crumpled clothes that are varied in brands (more like crap Made-in-China brands) and trying to find that piece I could call my own.. for like.. $6. And it was fun.
There are some people who only watch chick flicks (no it's not a bad thing) but I like to watch anything as long as it's good and not stupid humour SUCH AS Anchorman. And not just LOTR, but Gladiator, Love Actually, Life is Beautiful (aw I wanna see that one again), Merchant of Venice.. those ones... and not like Shaolin Soccer. Ew.
Sorry Andrew, I had nothing profound to say today. Er. I'll email you tomorrow. Go Online or I'll be forced to take drastic action.
Similarly, my taste in music is of that kind too. Currently my MP3 player consists of LOTR, Phantom of the Opera, Sum 41, Linkin Park, Hillsong, Love Actually soundtrack, KJ52, Ciara, Destiny's Child, Ma$e, Skillet, Bonnie McKee and Kelly Clarkson. I've never really been a faithful fan to any particular band or musician. I take what I like.
This could also be said about my life.. I guess that's why I can never fit in. I guess that's why I have three groups of friends. But then again I think every single person doesn't feel like they 'fit in with their peers. We always feel so isolated in a group. I wonder why that is. There has not been one person who has not confided in me that she does not feel a part of the group. We always feel slightly.. displaced.
But I like the ecclectic life. That's what makes life interesting. Instead of following one homogenous culture, you absorb all of them and create something that is entirely unique to you. It's kinda like.... like those rich chinese ladies who wear Burberry or Chanel head to toe.. they buy the stuff cuz it gives them this higher status. When I lived in Hong Kong, I remember walking on Women's Street and sifting through piles of crumpled clothes that are varied in brands (more like crap Made-in-China brands) and trying to find that piece I could call my own.. for like.. $6. And it was fun.
There are some people who only watch chick flicks (no it's not a bad thing) but I like to watch anything as long as it's good and not stupid humour SUCH AS Anchorman. And not just LOTR, but Gladiator, Love Actually, Life is Beautiful (aw I wanna see that one again), Merchant of Venice.. those ones... and not like Shaolin Soccer. Ew.
Sorry Andrew, I had nothing profound to say today. Er. I'll email you tomorrow. Go Online or I'll be forced to take drastic action.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home