Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So we were dining at a cafe, and we see Owen Wilson standing five feet away from us. After a lot of waiting on his behalf, he enters into the restaurant (we were sitting outside). While waiting for our food, I was people watching- correction- I was fashion watching.
I'm sad to say that Parisian street fashion is not as chic as people always think it to be. It's rather urban and nothing really amazing.
Anyway, I was watching women with Chanel handbags walk in and one particular woman caught my eye. She had a really long cape coat on with an Louis Vuitton handbag (sans monogram- but you could tell from the texture of the leather that it was an LV) and these shoes that I've been lusting for (but obviously cannot afford) by Dries Van Noten- a semi bootie that looks like a sneaker but is also a high heel. Anyway, I was busy staring at her wardrobe as she exited the restaurant that I didn't notice Owen Wilson walk out with her.

That's how sad my fashion 'obsession' has become. When I notice clothes over a celebrity, that's sad.
Anyway, one of my friends brushed against him as she was walking to the bathroom. HAha... and I got a pretty bad profile pic of him with my Nikon- I didn't want to paparazzi him because he was only a few feet away.
--------------------------------

I just got back from a restaurant and bar- it's 1:30am.
When I entered the room, I could smell the scent of cigarettes waft in.
Grossed out, I stripped off all my clothes, kind of disappointed that now my new white dress with silver embroidery has this nasty smell since this afternoon when I first put it on, it smelt like perfume. Now my hair smells, my skin- it's disgusting.
Yeah, the bar/club scene is not for me. We tried to get into this first club but I was the only one with ID since the other two had placed their driver licences with another group of friends who were coming in a second taxi. At first the bouncers agreed to let us all in but when I showed him my id, he spoke in French to his counterparts that we were too young and told us in english that 'there was a private party and you had to get on the guest list'. Stupid.
It's good to know the basics of other languages- you can eavesdrop while pretending to be utterly oblivious.
So we decided to wander down the road and went into this other one. The thing I hate about the bar/club scene is that I dislike the smell of cigarettes- my friend decided to light up and took a menu to wave the smoke out of my face, and she told me to stop because it was embarrassing her. I was thinking "dude, if you want to smoke, we gotta compromise. You smoke, I fan. It's either that, or you don't smoke." Anyway, I hate dimly lit places, they make me sleepy and I don't like that weird tension and feeling of pretentiousness between genders and being checked out by other men. It's just plain weird.
However, I do find that there are some pluses about going to a bar or whatever, it could help me practice Henry Clouding. I know it sounds like the worst place to Henry Cloud, but it's a good practice arena. :P Sorry, no justification now, I'm too tired.

So, to celebrate the last 'day' of our two weeks (since we have to start studying for our exam this friday), we decided to go out for a fancy dinner.
Dressed in heels, dresses, and blouses, we consulted my friend's Louis Vuitton 'Paris Guide 2002' (I know, it's hilarious that LV even makes a guide), and ended up in this very trendy, modern restaurant called 'Kong', known for it's French/Asian Fusion restaurant. Usually I'm hesitant about these 'fusion' restaurants because they end up pretty cheesy but since it sounded so good in the description, we decided to give it a go.

First of all, it's got a gorgeous view- it reminds me of some space shuttle with glass ceilings where you can get a pretty good view of the etched LV building next to it (funny), and the whole place is styled in acrylic Rococo chairs with faces pasted onto the backs. But I had to laugh when I saw the pink walls with 'anime chalk drawings' and the super 'Asian' face decor with Kabuki makeup and wigs, along with the very suggestive 'geisha' photo mural hanging from the ceiling and the television screens that were playing stuff about Tokyo and Japan in general. It's very 'french exoticized'.
Anyway, the menu was pretty funny- there was 'peking duck' which is not Japanese at all. My friend ordered it but it's not served the Asian way. I had the cod scented with vanilla- you dip the fish into some vanilla sauce. It was really good though the fish was kind of cold.

Sorry, this post was just to record what happened today (we also went to Versailles which was tourist hell) not so much as to give deep insight. I should sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home