Friday, July 09, 2010

Joy

Feels so good to NOT have to go into work tomorrow! It's 2:22AM... and it feels deliciously decadent to not have to sleep early because I can flounder in bed tomorrow! Oh what luxury, what a guilty pleasure.

Contest submission entered.

Muahhah I feel so encouraged 'ranting' to a friend-
WE WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD



FOR JESUS
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA!

It's ridiculous however far apart you may be, however closely you lived your lives or how similar your backgrounds just how close two people can think alike and share the same ideology. If prayer is the engine of the church, prayer will drive this company too.

I FINALLY GOT BOUNDARIES (the book... not the metaphysical ability). Frick.. it took me... 3-4 weeks? I'm surprised that it's really thick... will start reading tonight.

My aunt was interested in going into the fashion business as an investor but her husband ended not to and is now dabbling in the food and beverage industry. I asked her why he didn't want to do fashion since China is the largest manufacturer of clothes, and she said,
"the fashion business is much harder than eating and drinking. The success or failure of the product you have today does not represent the possibility of success in the future. While you can make a stable income on a decent menu in a restaurant, the wares of a fashion business must constantly change and evolve without losing the underlying aesthetic. Food is much easier than fashion."
Ok I added my own decorative touches to that quote above but essentially what I realized is that those who work in the fashion industry get a beating from outsiders who clearly do not understand the complexity of the business. In reality, fashion is EXTREMELY hard.. and that's why it's so messed up in its present state. You can balk at the thinness of the models or criticize fast fashion for being un-eco friendly or harp at the fact that a third of our pesticides goes to cotton but it does not change the fact that the reason why so little has changed since the Industrial Revolution IS BECAUSE it is such an intricate and complex system.

Fashion may not be philosophical but it is complex and deep as it is shallow at its core. If you added philosophy in there, we might as well call it the Christianity... JK!!!!

My colleague said to me today that when she reads my blogs (fashion and baking ones), she can feel the joy that comes from me and out onto the pages. She loves how I write and says my style is very elegant and that it was such a gift to be able to write fluidly and expressively. ELEGANT SAM (I was laughing).

I am full of joy when I write and blog... although initially I thought I could never be qualified as a 'writer' because I majored in design not writing. Writers were Kevin and Jerry.. I care less about grammatical methodology and punctuation as long as I can express myself enough to throw out whatever concepts and ideas I have in my head in the most candid and well-worded manner.. it doesn't matter to me if it's spelled 'gray' or 'grey'. I realize I probably write three times more than I can ever talk.



Joy.
How am I writing so powerfully that people can feel my joy through a computer screen? How awesome is that? I always marveled at the power of Pixar- to reduce even my logical cousin to tears when she just watched Toy Story 3... I want that deep emotional connection with my audience! I want to strike a chord within them in fashion that makes them feel that way too.
I am joyful when I blog. Really. I love making concepts up, sourcing products and adding personal touches.. wait did I write this yesterday? But yeah.. I'm thinking about the post I will write on Monday.. I already sourced some product images and have the perfect idea to connect with readers that is so perfectly me too! Next week will be interesting..

Testing, testing, 1,2,3.
This year will be about brainstorming, planning, concept work, business modeling, research, market analysis, blogging. A lot of pencil scribbling and eraser shavings.

As Gandalf said to Pippin "the board is set, the pieces are moving." I am starting to see a lot of geographical movement amongst all my friends on the west side. Visitors alone, here's my lineup:
Philina, Stacy, Hoi Kei (done)
Arriving: Jeannie, Angie, Sam, Piu, Grace (cousin), Jenny and Annie (cousin+aunt), Betty (when she gets her ticket). And Tanya is pending...
In addition to that I just found out Alex is moving to HK for a year starting in August. Wth. Esther is in Korea along with... yup. LOL I feel a little more comforted that the world is not as big as I imagine it to be at times.

This is my 910th post on Anatomy of an Artist. That's insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home