A Wedding
Listening to: Cirque du Soleil's Shadowplay
I've realized that my love for soundtracks stem from the idea that music can bring into mind images, and words into pictures. Thus here is the corresponding scene from 'Ka' that goes with Shadowplay. It's such a simple idea but I love how everything is done with the hands so fluidly: Shadowplay scene
I didn't get a chance to post up the pictures of my cousin's wedding on Facebook since I wanted to keep all of SF/Vegas/Arizona condensed into one album thus I will post up some of the shots here because I really do love these and it seems like such a shame for them to go unnoticed.
I love wedding photography. I blame it on my cousin introducing me to Jessica Claire and her point of view and taste is really similar to mine (if I had the skills to shoot like that). In terms of wedding photography, I like it to the extent where I am one of the only photographers because you end up competing for the same angles and space with the others and it ends up in a whole lot of annoyance. I was fortunate to be the only photographer at the beginning when the bride was getting ready (the professional photographer charges $500/hour so they decided to cut it short and save some money.. dude I'd do it for $400). I woke up at 6am to catch all the action that was going on. This is the part I love: the serenity and stillness that comes with the morning mixed in with the anxiety and eagerness that hangs in the air for what is to come. There's always this quiet buzz around the bridal party as everyone gets ready to play the parts. So here's what I saw through the lens. I really hate using flash so it was kinda difficult in the candlelit setting where people were in constant motion to capture shots.. or mb I'm just too amateur still T-T:

The First Dance
This shot was a heckuva shot to get considering I didn't want to use flash and the couple were constantly moving (although the dance was more of a shuffle) plus the disco lights weren't helping my camera adjust to the setting. Oh well I really like it anyway.

Her
She's just friggin gorgeous. The end.

The shoes.. you gotta have a picture of just the shoes.

Grown Up
My niece aka the flower girl next to the bride's dress.

Beaded Bodice
I like detail shots and this is one of them.

Peace out Cub Scout

The Crew
Aka the bridesmaids in deep purple one shoulder Grecian-inspired dresses with a green orchid in their hair which was twisted into a bun with a braid going across.

Bribery
In traditional modern Chinese weddings, the groom and his men have to bribe the single ladies and the bridesmaids to see the bride. This is done through a series of planned games to jest at the groom and make the party do stupid things. On the balcony we let down this basket asking for money and the response we got from them were a bunch of Tiffany bags filled with these notes. Later on they finally put the corresponding Tiffany boxes inside along with $999.99.

Tea Ceremony
This is on the morning of the wedding where the couple serve tea to their elders/relatives who give them their blessings and lai see.

Bloody Cuteness
These were just two out of the five in the mini bridal party. I wasn't at the exchange of vows (thanks to the fact that I had to guard the money and the card box so I went in late to avoid showing up too early after the bride went in) but apparently the littlest of the five started freaking out and crying in the middle of the walk. lol. I'm sure it happens often.

Father and Daughter
The Maid of Honor (featured in front of the bride) is the bride's younger sister. =)

This is It
About to enter into the ceremony.

Vows
Exchanging vows- I caught the last bit. It was literally fifteen minutes long- the shortest exchange I've ever seen. But the space was really pretty. After the exchange of vows, there was a brief reception while a crew changed the chairs for tables to turn it into the 'banquet hall'

Bushed
From morning till evening, the boys are beat.

Happy Father

Crab Dungeness Souffle appetizer
I was really impressed by the catering particularly the roast beef entree (not featured here) which came out moist and tender. lol

Candy Bar
Apparently the trend these days is to not only serve the cake but have a candy bar as a supplement. In my opinion the arrangement of the candy bar was a little sparse and dull. I could have done a better job jazzing up with layers and playing with the height of all elements on display... like my L picnic I had last summer. lol
People say that the pictures I take are 'artistic' (I guess rather than documentative? Whatever that means) yet when I look at them, they seem nice for a minute and then plain ordinary.
I've realized that my love for soundtracks stem from the idea that music can bring into mind images, and words into pictures. Thus here is the corresponding scene from 'Ka' that goes with Shadowplay. It's such a simple idea but I love how everything is done with the hands so fluidly: Shadowplay scene
I didn't get a chance to post up the pictures of my cousin's wedding on Facebook since I wanted to keep all of SF/Vegas/Arizona condensed into one album thus I will post up some of the shots here because I really do love these and it seems like such a shame for them to go unnoticed.
I love wedding photography. I blame it on my cousin introducing me to Jessica Claire and her point of view and taste is really similar to mine (if I had the skills to shoot like that). In terms of wedding photography, I like it to the extent where I am one of the only photographers because you end up competing for the same angles and space with the others and it ends up in a whole lot of annoyance. I was fortunate to be the only photographer at the beginning when the bride was getting ready (the professional photographer charges $500/hour so they decided to cut it short and save some money.. dude I'd do it for $400). I woke up at 6am to catch all the action that was going on. This is the part I love: the serenity and stillness that comes with the morning mixed in with the anxiety and eagerness that hangs in the air for what is to come. There's always this quiet buzz around the bridal party as everyone gets ready to play the parts. So here's what I saw through the lens. I really hate using flash so it was kinda difficult in the candlelit setting where people were in constant motion to capture shots.. or mb I'm just too amateur still T-T:
The First Dance
This shot was a heckuva shot to get considering I didn't want to use flash and the couple were constantly moving (although the dance was more of a shuffle) plus the disco lights weren't helping my camera adjust to the setting. Oh well I really like it anyway.
Her
She's just friggin gorgeous. The end.
The shoes.. you gotta have a picture of just the shoes.
Grown Up
My niece aka the flower girl next to the bride's dress.
Beaded Bodice
I like detail shots and this is one of them.
Peace out Cub Scout
The Crew
Aka the bridesmaids in deep purple one shoulder Grecian-inspired dresses with a green orchid in their hair which was twisted into a bun with a braid going across.
Bribery
In traditional modern Chinese weddings, the groom and his men have to bribe the single ladies and the bridesmaids to see the bride. This is done through a series of planned games to jest at the groom and make the party do stupid things. On the balcony we let down this basket asking for money and the response we got from them were a bunch of Tiffany bags filled with these notes. Later on they finally put the corresponding Tiffany boxes inside along with $999.99.
Tea Ceremony
This is on the morning of the wedding where the couple serve tea to their elders/relatives who give them their blessings and lai see.
Bloody Cuteness
These were just two out of the five in the mini bridal party. I wasn't at the exchange of vows (thanks to the fact that I had to guard the money and the card box so I went in late to avoid showing up too early after the bride went in) but apparently the littlest of the five started freaking out and crying in the middle of the walk. lol. I'm sure it happens often.
Father and Daughter
The Maid of Honor (featured in front of the bride) is the bride's younger sister. =)
This is It
About to enter into the ceremony.
Vows
Exchanging vows- I caught the last bit. It was literally fifteen minutes long- the shortest exchange I've ever seen. But the space was really pretty. After the exchange of vows, there was a brief reception while a crew changed the chairs for tables to turn it into the 'banquet hall'
Bushed
From morning till evening, the boys are beat.
Happy Father
Crab Dungeness Souffle appetizer
I was really impressed by the catering particularly the roast beef entree (not featured here) which came out moist and tender. lol
Candy Bar
Apparently the trend these days is to not only serve the cake but have a candy bar as a supplement. In my opinion the arrangement of the candy bar was a little sparse and dull. I could have done a better job jazzing up with layers and playing with the height of all elements on display... like my L picnic I had last summer. lol
People say that the pictures I take are 'artistic' (I guess rather than documentative? Whatever that means) yet when I look at them, they seem nice for a minute and then plain ordinary.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home