Yesterday. Today.
I've been a homework machine. I didn't realize it, but I've pretty much done all my homework until Thursday and... I don't have school on Fridays. SAD. I was so worried that I would have too much on my plate that I mowed through my entire menswear line and worked till 4am two nights straight. Anyway, here it is. Sadly you lose all the detail and neat architectural tongue-in-cheek layering I added to a lot of the garments... :(
There were 25 croquis in total, but the progress images only feature the first ten. Please click to see all the detail! Seriously:

Initial body/pose sketches: This is how Rin likes her guys XD

Now clothed (Rin doesn't like them now)

Inked and watercoloured. Yes don't we all love my inspiration page with fabric swatches?? XD I tried to show I wasn't a total fob by adding runway/caucasian model pictures.... but in reality all I wanted to do was plaster it with Akanishi Jin and Kenichi Matsuyama. XD
Oh I was also super tired when I wrote the title of this croquis collection.. so instead of writing "boys will be boys" I ended up twisting the quote to "let boys be boys".. I think I merged that with "let them eat cake" or something. LOL

Second page...I used kenichi's face for reference with the second model... XD and the fourth model was after some Fahrenheit popstar... HAHA I love his face! keke

So by 3am I was going a little psycho trying to find 'masculine' poses so I decided to look into my photoshoot pictures so the last three are poses thanks to Josh and Richard. lol
Yep. I find it hilarious that I can be so gaga over HK guys, TMD, menswear and fobs and actually use all these encounters/inspirations and actually knit them into my schoolwork. It's great. I can go nuts about guy watching and mongkok but pass them off as totally legit projects which I show to a class to get critiqued. When I'm passionate about something, it doesn't seem like work. When I was working on this particular collection, it took at least 20 hours to complete but it was fun. And I'm happy with how it turned out! :D
Bahaha so his name on msn says "Fai: I LIKE FASHION~~NO FASHION~NO LIFE"
I find that really endearing. Sounds like caveman. Hear me roar.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway so today was my first day going to a full Sunday worship service (last week I left straight after worship because I was with Agnes). I'm back on Welcoming Committee.
There have been quite a few significant changes within the group: we no longer make snacks or drinks and the leaders are totally different. I say the former because a lot of energy was used to prepare drinks and buy food as well as make it. So I got to church early but there wasn't anything to do so I tried to talk to the other committee members there....
It ended up being super awkward. Correction, it was just dry. I don't know. You're on Welcoming Committee to make others feel welcomed, but what if you yourself don't feel welcomed? I feel like I've been giving a lot to people: getting to church an hour early, doing my best to get things out and set up, ushering people and smiling and introducing myself to newcomers yet there are so many times I feel like I get nothing from people. Being on Welcoming should be not a duty out of selfish gain, but if you give everything, you need some replenishment don't you? Something needs to be placed in that gas tank.
The crux of my situation is not that being on the ministry is making me feel sad, but the fact that NO ONE initiates with me. It's always ME calling people to come out, it's always ME approaching people. It makes me wonder what would happen if I didn't call anyone or reach out to anybody. There are two possible outcomes: people would intiate and invite me places OR, the one I dread the most, that I'd just revert back to my freshmen self with only three roommates as friends.
To say none the least, I was pretty sad come sermon. Suck it up, Sam, it's going to be like this the entire year.
But oddly enough the pastor started preaching on members within the church who feel isolated/lonely to which he tells us that it's a sacrifice for the body of believers. I didn't really understand his answer or his supposed remedy... but I was pseudo comforted by the fact that he addressed that today.
So after service there was the church welcoming picnic. Initially I wasn't going to go but I recalled last year when I made a friend so as Cloud says, why not?
Backtrack first. I was doing ushering today (yes that means playing Little bo peep herding people into the rows) and I spotted a guy and girl together whom I have never seen before. Midway through the worship part of the service, a guy with long fob hair comes in (wearing a white dress shirt with a linen texture and brown corduroy pants and a super cool hobbit like backpack) and he just stands there looking really confused. I went up to him and asked him if he needed a seat, he said yes so I ushered him in somewhere.
Okay back to the present. Picnic attendees were all given a number from 1-12 and were expected to find others within the same numbered group. These would be our picnic buddies to get to Central Park and to play games and eat. I got #11 and my friend gets #12 so I ask if I could swap with her because #12 is my birthday! I know it's lame but whatever. It was a Godsend.
I find my group. The guy who came in with the girl is in my group. He comes up to me and the first thing he says is "hey do you know richard kim and josh chan?"
0_0
WEIRD. Turns out he's a Waterloo, Archi program student doing coop in New York and his friend, who is currently studying at Julliard for violin, is from Scarborough and they went to high school together. She was going to Redeemer and then decided this time to take him to RWC to try it out with him. And lo! He bumps into me!
EXCEPT he doesn't have facebook. He actually just saw my picture when Richard was looking at my pics prior to the photoshoot in Loo and recognized me. WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD Plus he lives super close to me!!!! YAY! Another person to play with!
So that one Waterloo Max Brenners event with Robyn that I turned down... ends up I'm meeting one guy per year from that group. Lol. Missed opportunity now redeemed!
So us Canadians are gabbing away... my friend, Betty who also goes to Parsons and went to UHS, comes running up to me during the picnic yelling "Sam! I found another Canadian!" and I see the fobby long hair guy walking towards us.
Which is funny because after service I was looking for him so I could introduce myself. See, the problem I have with a lot of people is that I don't remember who is new and who is not.. so I find people who look distinct, and search out for them to introduce myself to.
Anyway, the dude's from Vancouver, but originally from Korea and then studied in Britain for five years prior to moving to Canada. He originally was studying kineisiology at Simon Fraser, BC but put that on hold to study acting in Soho for a couple of months but if he likes it, will stay here for another year.
Yep so now the...four of us are gabbing away about... Canada (coughtimhortonscough) and exchanging phone numbers.
A friend I made last year comes up to us as well as another Parsons girl from my small group. We have a mutual love for baking: I challenged him last year to a bake off. Anyway, so we planned to bake/cook on Saturday... and invited all the Canadians to go to his place to eat. So yay! Potluck on Saturday night with new friends!
After the picnic (someone got heat stroke... :( It was a friggin 30 degrees today... except a few days ago it was 23... )we went to get Red Mango in Ktown (the most delicious frozen yogurt ever!) to cool off and then walked to Build a Bear workshop since the girl wanted to get an outfit for a bear she had... LOL. I was so elated: I hardly ever get to hang out with a group of people especially one with an equal number of guys and girls. :P
Yup yup. We all love musicals which is awesome: we're planning to go see Wicked!
And what's even better, is that they all have friggin MSN and not AIM. -_-
Man, this was no coincidence. God, thank you thank you. These may turn out to be a few dead end relationships, but I thank you for today.
There were 25 croquis in total, but the progress images only feature the first ten. Please click to see all the detail! Seriously:
Initial body/pose sketches: This is how Rin likes her guys XD
Now clothed (Rin doesn't like them now)
Inked and watercoloured. Yes don't we all love my inspiration page with fabric swatches?? XD I tried to show I wasn't a total fob by adding runway/caucasian model pictures.... but in reality all I wanted to do was plaster it with Akanishi Jin and Kenichi Matsuyama. XD
Oh I was also super tired when I wrote the title of this croquis collection.. so instead of writing "boys will be boys" I ended up twisting the quote to "let boys be boys".. I think I merged that with "let them eat cake" or something. LOL
Second page...I used kenichi's face for reference with the second model... XD and the fourth model was after some Fahrenheit popstar... HAHA I love his face! keke
So by 3am I was going a little psycho trying to find 'masculine' poses so I decided to look into my photoshoot pictures so the last three are poses thanks to Josh and Richard. lol
Yep. I find it hilarious that I can be so gaga over HK guys, TMD, menswear and fobs and actually use all these encounters/inspirations and actually knit them into my schoolwork. It's great. I can go nuts about guy watching and mongkok but pass them off as totally legit projects which I show to a class to get critiqued. When I'm passionate about something, it doesn't seem like work. When I was working on this particular collection, it took at least 20 hours to complete but it was fun. And I'm happy with how it turned out! :D
Bahaha so his name on msn says "Fai: I LIKE FASHION~~NO FASHION~NO LIFE"
I find that really endearing. Sounds like caveman. Hear me roar.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway so today was my first day going to a full Sunday worship service (last week I left straight after worship because I was with Agnes). I'm back on Welcoming Committee.
There have been quite a few significant changes within the group: we no longer make snacks or drinks and the leaders are totally different. I say the former because a lot of energy was used to prepare drinks and buy food as well as make it. So I got to church early but there wasn't anything to do so I tried to talk to the other committee members there....
It ended up being super awkward. Correction, it was just dry. I don't know. You're on Welcoming Committee to make others feel welcomed, but what if you yourself don't feel welcomed? I feel like I've been giving a lot to people: getting to church an hour early, doing my best to get things out and set up, ushering people and smiling and introducing myself to newcomers yet there are so many times I feel like I get nothing from people. Being on Welcoming should be not a duty out of selfish gain, but if you give everything, you need some replenishment don't you? Something needs to be placed in that gas tank.
The crux of my situation is not that being on the ministry is making me feel sad, but the fact that NO ONE initiates with me. It's always ME calling people to come out, it's always ME approaching people. It makes me wonder what would happen if I didn't call anyone or reach out to anybody. There are two possible outcomes: people would intiate and invite me places OR, the one I dread the most, that I'd just revert back to my freshmen self with only three roommates as friends.
To say none the least, I was pretty sad come sermon. Suck it up, Sam, it's going to be like this the entire year.
But oddly enough the pastor started preaching on members within the church who feel isolated/lonely to which he tells us that it's a sacrifice for the body of believers. I didn't really understand his answer or his supposed remedy... but I was pseudo comforted by the fact that he addressed that today.
So after service there was the church welcoming picnic. Initially I wasn't going to go but I recalled last year when I made a friend so as Cloud says, why not?
Backtrack first. I was doing ushering today (yes that means playing Little bo peep herding people into the rows) and I spotted a guy and girl together whom I have never seen before. Midway through the worship part of the service, a guy with long fob hair comes in (wearing a white dress shirt with a linen texture and brown corduroy pants and a super cool hobbit like backpack) and he just stands there looking really confused. I went up to him and asked him if he needed a seat, he said yes so I ushered him in somewhere.
Okay back to the present. Picnic attendees were all given a number from 1-12 and were expected to find others within the same numbered group. These would be our picnic buddies to get to Central Park and to play games and eat. I got #11 and my friend gets #12 so I ask if I could swap with her because #12 is my birthday! I know it's lame but whatever. It was a Godsend.
I find my group. The guy who came in with the girl is in my group. He comes up to me and the first thing he says is "hey do you know richard kim and josh chan?"
0_0
WEIRD. Turns out he's a Waterloo, Archi program student doing coop in New York and his friend, who is currently studying at Julliard for violin, is from Scarborough and they went to high school together. She was going to Redeemer and then decided this time to take him to RWC to try it out with him. And lo! He bumps into me!
EXCEPT he doesn't have facebook. He actually just saw my picture when Richard was looking at my pics prior to the photoshoot in Loo and recognized me. WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD Plus he lives super close to me!!!! YAY! Another person to play with!
So that one Waterloo Max Brenners event with Robyn that I turned down... ends up I'm meeting one guy per year from that group. Lol. Missed opportunity now redeemed!
So us Canadians are gabbing away... my friend, Betty who also goes to Parsons and went to UHS, comes running up to me during the picnic yelling "Sam! I found another Canadian!" and I see the fobby long hair guy walking towards us.
Which is funny because after service I was looking for him so I could introduce myself. See, the problem I have with a lot of people is that I don't remember who is new and who is not.. so I find people who look distinct, and search out for them to introduce myself to.
Anyway, the dude's from Vancouver, but originally from Korea and then studied in Britain for five years prior to moving to Canada. He originally was studying kineisiology at Simon Fraser, BC but put that on hold to study acting in Soho for a couple of months but if he likes it, will stay here for another year.
Yep so now the...four of us are gabbing away about... Canada (coughtimhortonscough) and exchanging phone numbers.
A friend I made last year comes up to us as well as another Parsons girl from my small group. We have a mutual love for baking: I challenged him last year to a bake off. Anyway, so we planned to bake/cook on Saturday... and invited all the Canadians to go to his place to eat. So yay! Potluck on Saturday night with new friends!
After the picnic (someone got heat stroke... :( It was a friggin 30 degrees today... except a few days ago it was 23... )we went to get Red Mango in Ktown (the most delicious frozen yogurt ever!) to cool off and then walked to Build a Bear workshop since the girl wanted to get an outfit for a bear she had... LOL. I was so elated: I hardly ever get to hang out with a group of people especially one with an equal number of guys and girls. :P
Yup yup. We all love musicals which is awesome: we're planning to go see Wicked!
And what's even better, is that they all have friggin MSN and not AIM. -_-
Man, this was no coincidence. God, thank you thank you. These may turn out to be a few dead end relationships, but I thank you for today.



4 Comments:
all your guys look like skinny japanese models, but somehow with broad shoulders. lol?
bahaha.. hey skinny doesn't mean not broad! Rin can testify to that. XD
OMGGG I WANT TO SEE WICKED :< :< :<
can we please please see it during thanksgiving???
ps. sorry i forgot to call you when i got ont the bus haha.. i took the wrong train (nqrw) and ended up at times square instead of grand central (located on the 456 line) and ended up half walk-running there to not miss the bus haha.. i'll give you a call tomorrow though :>
Post a Comment
<< Home