Every Day is a Gift.
I swear Disneyland truly is magical. Disney magic+ my photo skills+ new camera= dangerous.
Bo kek/j drama watching after baking cupcakes: look how intense they are staring at Hanazawa Rui and his clothes!
Shanghai was crazy. Not what I expected at all but I guess I had the New York syndrome and perceived it to be more glamorous than in actuality. I'm glad we went because from there gave birth to a few good ideas of what's to come after we graduate. Man, Robyn and I are planning to collaborate (what else is new) and publish a book of whimsical fantasies and airy delights by 2010. kekek. And we are so serious about this too. We already have assigned one of our friends as translator/international ambassador and another friend as head administrator. Yes, we like the fancy, glorious titles.
Robyn and I also got to dilly dally in designing uniforms for a restaurant about to open in Shanghai. Talk about fulfilling our j drama waiter uniform ideas: that was it.
We also had a lot of intense discussions about art and design and the future for the artistic community in Asia. Shanghai's a little depressing in that way that Hong Kong is: little museums and galleries because the past few generations have never been encouraged to think creatively. The fault of the Communist ideology? Perhaps.
While we were in one new art district of Shanghai having coffee talking about the relationship between art and business, a guy overheard us and approached us. Turns out he was from HK too and was in Shanghai to get some research on the 'old houses turned new art spaces' for his prof at polytechnic. It turned out to be another intense discussion on whether or not the HK government should try to help fledgling artistic communities that were slowly growing in Chai Wan and two other parts in HK. He is also a Christian going to a church in Tsuen Wan. I thought that was super cool. Discussions on Christianity, art, design, Shanghai/HK, our dreams/passions all rolled into one? Delectable.
And at the airport in HK from Shanghai: Robyn goes through the 'foreign' customs section and I laugh at her because I get to swish through the super cool 'HK citizen' machines with my ID. Yehhhh. Done in 30 seconds! See ya sucker!
So I wait for Robyn at the luggage area: she tells me behind her were a bunch of anime looking guys all dressed in red t shirts. Perhaps a sports team? Okay, I told her, we gotta look cuz I wanna see these j drama guys!!! So my poor cousin has to loiter around as I stalkerishly wait 20 feet from the customs exit. I spot one: he's skinny (duh) and is wearing those black fob glasses. Looks kinda like every other guy at King Wah Center. Anyway so we tell our aunt about the guys and then proceed to the meet and greet area.
Wow, my cousin says, there are a lot of people at the arrival area.
My aunt spots a few fan signs in the crowd.
Omg.
ROBYN, WHO WERE THOSE GUYS IN THERE?!?!?! THEY WERE ACTUALLY FAMOUS: GREEDY COUSIN TRYING TO HOARD ALL THE EYE CANDY FOR HERSELF. lol
So it turns out, thanks to the fan signs, the six guys in there were from a Taiwanese band, 'Pan pan tong' aka Lollipop.
LOL. Omg, so my aunt stops the cart in front of the glass window and we loiter around waiting for the band to show up. Hilarious. A girl screams. False alarm but it's too late cuz we're exiting and it would look super lame if we backtracked AGAIN. Ah well. We pretended like we were the rock stars.
Next time I'm using my American passport. Screw HK id! Maybe Kenichi Matsuyama will line up behind me next time. I'd go ballistic for that. XD
So back in HK, no time to rest: Disneyland, j dramas and cupcake baking!
The day we went to Disneyland was truly magical. LOL. Sunny skies, a huge moon and a whole new world... Space Mountain was the best. Oh man, we screamed louder than the kids. Sad. We rode it twice: I plan to build my own space mountain in my future library in my future flying taxidermy humpback whale home with Robyn.
That is, if the both of us don't get married. But with ideas like these, I'm pretty sure we'll stay single for the rest of our lives.
Anyway we went to see the Golden Mickeys, Space Mountain, 4D ride, Mad Hatter tea cups, water parade and the fireworks. Oh the fireworks make you melt and you feel like a kid again.
But in all seriousness, God showers blessings upon us at the most unexpected times to show us that none of us deserve anything but He gives them to us because He loves us. I came to HK expecting little but have gotten so much out of it. I've never dreamt this wildly, laughed so much despite linguistic hurdles, learnt so much about my fickleness and shortcomings through work, met/befriended so many different people with the same passions and been encouraged by friends and family.
I never thought I'd meet the people I met. I can say that it was all by grace: I bumped into Agnes at Times Square and we instantly clicked. We grew up as kids when I lived in Hong Kong: we didn't have much in common but ever since I hung out with her, it's been so much fun. Talking till 4am, intoxicated with laughter and drowsiness. And now she's coming to America to study abroad and she's gonna come visit me in NYC and do 'research' for out future book project. :D And then perhaps Japan in summer 2008?? :D
God knows everything, prepares all for you even though you aren't aware of it: my aunt who is my mom's childhood best friend has been a criticalkey/pivotal character in this short but happy chapter of my life. The first day we met this summer to pick up Robyn from the airport, she asked me what my dream was. She didn't really understand what I was getting at because I couldn't explain it in Chinese but ever since that day she has been helping both of us to dream big, fan the passion that we were given, pursue what interests us and to remind us that God has fashioned us for a purpose. We may not know what it is but surprise surprise! I really feel like I'm on this magic carpet ride with God:
A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue
Every moment red letter.
Alan Menken, you are the genius of genius scorewriters.
In the meanwhile...

I like the suit. That is all. Oh and Zettai Kareshi. That is all.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home