December 25th 2007.
Have yourselves a merry little (white) Christmas.
Well, my Christmas was yesterday here.
And it was by far the weirdest Christmas ever.
Waking up to sundress weather and having a bowl of white congee and steamed water chestnut overlooking the beach. We went to the Country Club with my cousins, a few of his friends, and family for a Christmas buffet- a celebratory gesture I guess- where there was so much food to try and taste- it took our table of twelve, one and a half hours to savour and digest, and try again.
We all then went to visit the company's 'cottage'- a giant house overlooking the sea. I'm not used to this life anymore- with maids washing your clothes and serving your every meal to being chauffeured around and having lunches at some polo-wearing, posh country club. If I had stayed in HK, I think I would have turned out a very different person.
Anyway, my cousin, her bf and I ended up wandering around Sham Shui Po looking for the garment district. Everything in Christmas is open- Christmas is essentially a holiday for people to shop and spend time with their significant one- seriously EVERY girl had some boyfriend slung around their arm. We ended up trying some japanese restaurant and walking around outside to see the Christmas lights and then headed to the boardwalk where everyone was, to see the HK lights- as tacky as they were, they looked pretty good together. Yeah, and then we went to see the Four Seasons hotel which was still in construction when I was in HK two years ago and then went to see my cousin's apartment.
Weirdest Christmas I tell you.
More later. :)
Well, my Christmas was yesterday here.
And it was by far the weirdest Christmas ever.
Waking up to sundress weather and having a bowl of white congee and steamed water chestnut overlooking the beach. We went to the Country Club with my cousins, a few of his friends, and family for a Christmas buffet- a celebratory gesture I guess- where there was so much food to try and taste- it took our table of twelve, one and a half hours to savour and digest, and try again.
We all then went to visit the company's 'cottage'- a giant house overlooking the sea. I'm not used to this life anymore- with maids washing your clothes and serving your every meal to being chauffeured around and having lunches at some polo-wearing, posh country club. If I had stayed in HK, I think I would have turned out a very different person.
Anyway, my cousin, her bf and I ended up wandering around Sham Shui Po looking for the garment district. Everything in Christmas is open- Christmas is essentially a holiday for people to shop and spend time with their significant one- seriously EVERY girl had some boyfriend slung around their arm. We ended up trying some japanese restaurant and walking around outside to see the Christmas lights and then headed to the boardwalk where everyone was, to see the HK lights- as tacky as they were, they looked pretty good together. Yeah, and then we went to see the Four Seasons hotel which was still in construction when I was in HK two years ago and then went to see my cousin's apartment.
Weirdest Christmas I tell you.
More later. :)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home