A Cup of Milk and a Chocolate Croissant// Heroes// Facebook
One of the pictures from the last photoshoot- it's not my favourite but it's not bad. The dress I made this summer but have nowhere to wear it to.
I don't know what to think about life.
I've been doing a lot of thinking- sitting on the couch and gazing across the twinkling Manhattan skyline from my friend's place, having a chocolate croissant and a cup of milk at the patisserie alone.
I didn't want to go to church yesterday and have to acknowledge the fact that I'd have to journey there on my own. But God has His funny ways of perking us up when we're down. The sun was shining brightly as I got out of the apartment at 9:45- beautiful day with a cool breeze. There was a lunch party to welcome all new and returning college students. As I sat there with my pizza, I felt a light tap on my shoulder and turned to face a girl who exclaimed, "are you Robyn's cousin? I went to the same high school as her and she told me you also went to Parsons and to Remnant Westside."
It was odd. Here was a girl who came from Toronto, went to UHS, knows my cousin and is now at the same church as me: plus she lives three blocks away from me. Funny, God, very funny.
I said hello to many faces that I haven't seen since May. It's an odd feeling- a mixture of happiness to see them yet an underlying sadness knowing that the past is gone and that all you can do is go forward. But there still is a lot of work to be done with these young friendships. I hope they strengthen with time and care- like some of those I left behind in Canada.

Ah, I spent the last few days camped out at my friend's NYU dorm penthouse down in the Financial District which has a stunning view of all of New York City and the two bridges, and watched the entire series of Heroes. If you have time, watch it: it's an interesting mix of drama and anime/art. It's amazing- I'm very much awed by the screenwriter who created such a complex story that involved supernatural beings but still kept them grounded in very relatable problems.
Now the question lies here: why aren't there any straight, good looking men like Isaac Mendez, the artist who can paint the future, at Parsons???
Following conversation between Alex and I on the characters in Heroes:
§åM says: Peter Petrelli and Isaac Mendez are so hot
-emptyjarofclay - says: wth?
- emptyjarofclay - says: how is peter petrelli hot?!
- emptyjarofclay - says: omg....women....
§åM says: well I don;t see how Eva Green is hot
§åM says: men!
Peter Petrelli may not be the best looking guy around, but in one particular episode where he gets angry and tries to defend another character, the 'hotness level' went up. :P I think guys with hearts who have actual goals in mind and are driven, are pretty attractive. There are too many wistless, confused guys out there who have no idea what they want to do with their lives.
I want to be Hiro's friend. He's the cutest Japanese guy and has a heart like Samwise Gamgee.
Though I can't fly, spontaneously regenerate myself, paint the future, or become invisible as I please, I wonder what 'great things' are in store for me. Right now, I don't see much and yet I'm scared to get it wrong.
When my mom and I were in Elora at the vintage store I am most fond of, she was talking to the owner about how when I told my parents I was going to study fashion, they were a little lost. For if I needed help, they couldn't offer it to me because their specialties lay in the realms of computer science, math, physics and engineering. But now she sees that I'm happy in what I do, and that it's also a learning process for both my parents and I.
Second season is about to start: Sept 24. :D
When I first got Facebook, I was afraid I'd get addicted to it like many others who claim that it is the ultimate procrasination tool. Personally I think it's a little boring, after you look at notifications and perhaps check a few pages or two, I get off or leave it on but dabble in other things. I don't know, but I dislike it when people feel the need to put down every detail, feeling and thought from their lives into Facebook.
Take the 'status' option for example. People feel the need to write down every single emotion on their status, "Jill is feeling down about him" or "Ben is tired" or "Kenny is doing hw" Personally I think it's overexposure, and a detail that not everyone really needs to know.
It's also the reason why my blog isn't on my facebook account, not because I think it's a privilege or anything of the sort, but I think it's just an overload of narcissism fed by insecurity and a desire to be known by others in a very passive way. The new applications that you can download on Facebook are kind of stupid, top friend list, horoscopes, food fights, are all kind of lame and on some people's pages are endless lists of what virtual food got thrown at them.
Anyway, that was kind of random but yeah.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home