Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Toilet God Hates Me. :P

So we had a toilet escapade which I was the culprit to with our really thick toilet paper though I use it sparingly. It then got stuck and basically we had no plunger (ironic thing was that I saw one today at Chinatown but didn't think I really needed it) so we tried putting dish detergent in it to make it more lubricated and hopefully aid in sliding whatever was stuck down there to move. We also used a wire hanger and pushed it down the drain to poke at whatever was stuck inside. After five rounds of dish detergent and toilet cleaner our toilet was sparkling clean but useless. I finally sucked up the courage to ask our neighbour who wasn't home. I then went to our mean superintendent who wasn't home. And then went back down to our other neighbour who wasn't home. Well. I guess we're the only losers in New York who actually stay at home on Saturday nights.
So I called Robyn and thank goodness she had one. My roommate and I ran downstairs in our pjs with hoodie and coat and ran back with this plunger which was new so the plastic was very stiff. Finally Bonnie yells "I give up!" after several rounds of plunging when we heard the rush of water gurgling down the drain.
Of course it works when you finally decide to give up. That whole ordeal ate up two hours.
Yeah so lesson of the day is: buy a plunger.
Thing to be grateful for: a cousin who lives a few blocks away who owns a plunger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

LOL how exciting.
I had that problem like a month ago but luckily we have a plunger and luckily Kelly isn't afraid of doing that sort of dirty work :)

3:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home