Monday, September 11, 2006

Worship, School & Method Man

Interesting.


I just read from pages 83 to 156 on this chapter on Nudity. And the last section was on... pubic hair. It was really weird. I know, we talk about odd things at Parsons. More on this later.


Songs that bring Your hope,
Songs that bring Your joy,
Dancers who dance upon injustice.


So I went to a new church today. It's Korean American and most of them are college kids and the service was freaking long: 10:30 to 1pm. That's just worship and sermon. It was pretty good though- it was on corporate prayer- very much like what Pastor Francis was talking about... and the speaker even mentioned how there's a movement going on in Toronto- the rise of the Christian youth. They also did the Korean style of prayer- people all praying aloud simultaneously and I got a little dizzy because everyone was talking as was the pastor and the worship team was playing and singing and it was really stuffy. The worship team was really talented though- it was a long long worship. I didn't know three quarters of the songs but the song of response was 'Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble'- an old song that most of us know. But I was really happy to hear it because I finally knew a song that they were singing! When they got to the lyrics above, I felt this incredible joy surge inside and He literally took my breath away. This church is pretty expressive- guys jump and raise their hands without feeling self conscious. You can say that I was riding on that 'spiritual high' but I really did feel something different- something I haven't felt in a long time.


So Parsons:
Females: 2400
'Men': 600


Looks like I won't be marrying anytime soon. HAHAHA. jk.... not.


The Number of Steps an Average American Takes Each Day: 10,000
The Number of Steps an Average New Yorker Takes Each Day: 25,000


Dude I walked at least 60 blocks today.. from 53rd and 10th Ave back to my home at 13th and 5th Ave.
My roomie and I ate at the Museum of Modern Art- I love the caf. I got a ticket (for free since I am a student at Parsons) to the museum and just spent $10 for lunch. Lol. I didnt' se any exhibits. I just came for the food. :P So on the way home, we saw Olympus Fashion Week was taking place with many people crowded in the front.. So I went up to see what everyone was looking at and people were just coming in... I don't recognize celebs so not sure if anyone was famous. I did see Daniel Vosovic- you know that guy from Project Runway who I took a picture with? Yeah I saw him going to the tents again. I finally recognized someone on my own. :P


My roomie told me that she met Method Man the other day.. LOL. Since she dresses in Japanese Lolita clothing (basically what porcelain dolls wear- frilly over the top stuff), the photographer asked her to take a picture with him in this comic store she was in because my roomie looked 'wild'... she had no idea who he was until the photographer told her. I have no idea who he is either. Yeah so she requested a picture with him on her own camera and Method Man asks her, "do you even know who I am?" And she replies, "uh.. you're Method Man?"
So funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home