Sometimes the smallest things can make you smile.
Once I was trying to turn right at a red light but a van was blocking me from inching forward. He suddenly put his car on reverse and drove back, then forward on an angle and the back again and then straightened his car just so I could squeeze in.. except the light turned green by then. It was a nice gesture anyway.
Today Andrew gave me a gift certificate, a card and a bookmark for my birthday which I did not expect. Actually I don't think I would have saw the grey envelope if Karen had not shifted the two books apart (exactly why did you put it inbetween the books) and I initially thought it was a piece of cardboard wedged inbetween which struck odd to me. Lol. That was until I saw the word 'SAM' printed on the front. I totally did not expect a card and not to mention a $30 gift certificate AND a lotr bookmark :P. Yay.. now I have Arwen and Legolas and Gandalf! lol... and now I have a new ring to replace my worn old one. :P
I don't think what made me smile was that extra $30 I could spend or the bookmark to add to my quickly multiplying LOTR bookmark collection(!).. I think it was just the thought of making my 18th birthday more special by giving me the card and everything, even though I didn't expect anything. I truly do believe that the thought it what counts.
Ahem today was fun... though my lips are sealed. ;) We'll wow them.. well you will with my artistic skills.. hahaha..
Once I was trying to turn right at a red light but a van was blocking me from inching forward. He suddenly put his car on reverse and drove back, then forward on an angle and the back again and then straightened his car just so I could squeeze in.. except the light turned green by then. It was a nice gesture anyway.
Today Andrew gave me a gift certificate, a card and a bookmark for my birthday which I did not expect. Actually I don't think I would have saw the grey envelope if Karen had not shifted the two books apart (exactly why did you put it inbetween the books) and I initially thought it was a piece of cardboard wedged inbetween which struck odd to me. Lol. That was until I saw the word 'SAM' printed on the front. I totally did not expect a card and not to mention a $30 gift certificate AND a lotr bookmark :P. Yay.. now I have Arwen and Legolas and Gandalf! lol... and now I have a new ring to replace my worn old one. :P
I don't think what made me smile was that extra $30 I could spend or the bookmark to add to my quickly multiplying LOTR bookmark collection(!).. I think it was just the thought of making my 18th birthday more special by giving me the card and everything, even though I didn't expect anything. I truly do believe that the thought it what counts.
Ahem today was fun... though my lips are sealed. ;) We'll wow them.. well you will with my artistic skills.. hahaha..



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home